SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

Richie 01-02-15 06:50 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

apparently I look like Christopher Eccleston.........

maviczap 01-02-15 07:14 PM

His ugly brother more like ;):p

andrewsmith 01-02-15 07:16 PM

So your the Doctor

Amadeus 01-02-15 07:37 PM

Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie (Post 2997670)
apparently I look like Christopher Eccleston.........

He did have carnal relations with Kate winslett if that helps?

Sir Trev 02-02-15 01:41 PM

The M40. I know it's a bit of a general gripe but this is the second Monday in a row that it's been closed due to accidents in the early morning rush. Two fatalities last week and the local online rag says just a minor today, although the fire service were de-roofing a car when I eventually crawled past the scene after 40 minutes stationary. Hour late for work, probably down to some muppet not paying attention.

maviczap 02-02-15 01:48 PM

Yep, not paying attention going too fast for the conditions, its the usual rule of thumb for muppetry accidents

keith_d 02-02-15 02:39 PM

Policing by stealth.

1) The new motorway speed cameras are designed to be hidden, and the Highways Agency is refusing to detail where they will be located, "for operational reasons". So it's clearly no longer got anything to do with improving road safety.

2) I've passed a few cars pulled over by the police recently, and in every case it's been an unmarked police car. The only marked cars I've seen recently are the Highways Agency vehicles. Has anyone else noticed this??

So much for elected police commissioners improving accountability!!

NTECUK 03-02-15 12:45 PM

The M11 and the M25,
Three hours for a trip that on the bike is an hour.
Three stoppages.!!!

timwilky 03-02-15 02:08 PM

wife's clio, electrical fault warning light comes on, goes into limp mode. turn off engine and all is fine

ECU has nothing showing as a fault. lots of this on the internet. So checked all connections to ECU and sprayed cleaner. Manifold off and throttle body removed and soaked with carb cleaner although it did look to be in reasonable condition in the first place.

Seems to be running alright, but the last time it happened I reseated the ecu connections and all was good for 3 months. So best get it running ok and get rid quick.

If I offer a clio on the org. don't buy

L3nny 03-02-15 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timwilky (Post 2997852)
wife's clio, electrical fault warning light comes on, goes into limp mode. turn off engine and all is fine

ECU has nothing showing as a fault. lots of this on the internet. So checked all connections to ECU and sprayed cleaner. Manifold off and throttle body removed and soaked with carb cleaner although it did look to be in reasonable condition in the first place.

Seems to be running alright, but the last time it happened I reseated the ecu connections and all was good for 3 months. So best get it running ok and get rid quick.

If I offer a clio on the org. don't buy

I bought a Bluetooth ODB2 adapter off ebay for £6 last week, connect it your phone and use an app called Torque. This will allow you to see and maybe clear the fault codes.
Might not work but for less than a tenner for the adapter and the app it's worth a shot.