SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

keith_d 27-08-14 04:55 AM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulesW (Post 2975843)
Folks that drive to close behind me on motorways in poor conditions, sh1ts me up big time. Either speed up or move out of the way immediately, hate when they do that.

If the visibility isn't so good you might need your fog lights on.

In better conditions you might just change down a gear and lift off the loud pedal. Watch in your mirror and be prepared to accelerate when he gets to within a meter of your bumper. If you're lucky you'll see the guy in the car behind getting a full on ear bashing from his missus afterwards... :smt082

L3nny 27-08-14 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulesW (Post 2975843)
Folks that drive to close behind me on motorways in poor conditions, sh1ts me up big time. Either speed up or move out of the way immediately, hate when they do that.

I tend to find if you keep the speed over about 110 that doesn't happen much.

Grant66 27-08-14 07:28 AM

Motorcyclists who think their bike is 5ft wide and then sit blocking the filtering lane, if you think your sat on a car get out of the chuffing way.

timwilky 27-08-14 07:34 AM

Users who find new ways to break my code. Todays, I have developed a folder watcher service that reads a barcode on the first page of any image it finds in that folder and routes it accordingly converting the image to a pdf file. Scrapping the first page routing info in the process.

Todays user put only the routing page so I ended up with a zero byte PDF that crashed my code..... Grrh, change process here is a pain. Why did I not detect this possible error....

Littlepeahead 27-08-14 08:04 AM

People who go to gigs then spend the whole show photographing or filming it on their mobile which will be cr@ppy quality anyway. Just go to the event and enjoy the moment.

Good on Kate Bush for requesting people to not get their mobile out at her gigs this week.

Also l people who chat through gigs, during songs especially, about inane nonsense. I tell them to STFU in no uncertain terms.

L3nny 27-08-14 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepeahead (Post 2975887)
People who go to gigs then spend the whole show photographing or filming it on their mobile which will be cr@ppy quality anyway. Just go to the event and enjoy the moment.

Good on Kate Bush for requesting people to not get their mobile out at her gigs this week.

Also l people who chat through gigs, during songs especially, about inane nonsense. I tell them to STFU in no uncertain terms.

Ditto football matches, sat behind a bloke last night doing this, the game was shown on telly anyway so he could have just recorded it and watched it when he got home.

Grant66 27-08-14 12:17 PM

You stop at the pedestrian crossing, the person that pressed the button crossed a minute before when there was no traffic. Meanwhile you get to look at the green traffic light on the junction 50ft ahead which will be red by the time you get there.

Matt-EUC 27-08-14 01:15 PM

Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Rain. ****ing rain.

goodgumbo 27-08-14 04:53 PM

People who use their turn signals. It ruins the surprise.

/s

tactcom7 27-08-14 09:20 PM

really fat people who feed their kids/toddlers junk food.