SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Smile of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=214956)

dizzyblonde 24-02-16 05:09 PM

Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Renewed car insurance last week, but we somehow managed to buy a new car this week. Calls up to get insurance swapped for when we pick new car up, expecting to pay some more..... Nope. Zilch increase. Happy days!!! :-D

Sir Trev 24-02-16 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyblonde (Post 3038382)
Renewed car insurance last week, but we somehow managed to buy a new car this week. Calls up to get insurance swapped for when we pick new car up, expecting to pay some more..... Nope. Zilch increase. Happy days!!! :-D

Buy a lottery ticket before the luck runs out!

DarrenSV650S 24-02-16 07:11 PM

I no longer have to listen to the "clunk clunk" ... "clunk clunk" as every car drives over a rattly drain cover outside my flat.

Since the council don't seem to be doing anything about it, I grabbed some roadworks barriers that have been lying in the grass verge for months and put them around the drain. Sorted :)

Silence is golden :D

dizzyblonde 24-02-16 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Trev (Post 3038402)
Buy a lottery ticket before the luck runs out!

I know, I should! ! We seem to have an unnerving amount of good luck lately. However, as positivity brings positivity, I shall not think negative thoughts and just be thankful for it, seeing as we have some pocket emptying house maintenance to do after the Christmas rain did it's damage :-(

Trev B 24-02-16 08:53 PM

Darren,over here in Spain if you've got a clunky manhole lid they lift it up and put an old push bike inner tube that's been split around its circumference around the inner ring and plonk the lid back on !!!

DarrenSV650S 24-02-16 09:03 PM

Does it work?

Adam Ef 24-02-16 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S (Post 3038404)
I no longer have to listen to the "clunk clunk" ... "clunk clunk" as every car drives over a rattly drain cover outside my flat.

Since the council don't seem to be doing anything about it, I grabbed some roadworks barriers that have been lying in the grass verge for months and put them around the drain. Sorted :)

Silence is golden :D

Had a friend who lived opposite a pub with a squeaky sign. Took him months of being kept awake at night hearing it swinging in the wind before he realised he could go out with a step ladder and just oil it himself.

Trev B 25-02-16 08:00 AM

Oh yes !!!

Sir Trev 25-02-16 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ef (Post 3038439)
Had a friend who lived opposite a pub with a squeaky sign. Took him months of being kept awake at night hearing it swinging in the wind before he realised he could go out with a step ladder and just oil it himself.

I'm bet people have been sued for doing such sensible things :( Though in my book it was a cracking move.

maviczap 25-02-16 09:21 PM

Might have found a fix for my Zafira EGR valve nightmare.