SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

NTECUK 29-08-14 09:34 AM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Manover
Signal
Look in the mirror to see what carnage you caused

ManMango 29-08-14 10:59 AM

Associated to the previous gripe

When you go to Docs with an injury or a sore joint etc

They ask you if you play any sport.

As soon as they hear I power lift they instantly drop any investigation and blame it on the weight lifting even though if they where educated on the subject they would know its probably one of the healthiest and safest power/strength exercises you can do(as long as you keep your ego in check). It works wonder for the joints and its extremely hard to hurt yourself unless you are not following good practice and doing the normal safety checks, are the pins secure? is the right weight loaded on? is the bar set to the right height?

It would damage my joints more to go for a 20 minute jog each day :/

Red Herring 29-08-14 11:03 AM

My gripe of the day, people who slag off an entire profession based on their limited experience with a very small percentage of them. How about using "he" or "she" rather than "they". Only a small request but changes the entire inference of your post.

Matt-EUC 29-08-14 11:31 AM

Gripe of the day - What is yours?

My gripe of the day, people who make perfectly valid and reasonable requests. B@stards.

And people who'd rather have their wife sleep in the camper with them than some fat bloke off a forum they've only met once. Total ar5e holes.

:D

Red Herring 29-08-14 11:51 AM

Yeah, that's me.... Look at it on the bright side, I'll still throw you a bacon butty in the morning if you promise to check your oil before the ride out....!

ManMango 29-08-14 12:04 PM

Sorry I wasn't slagging off an entire profession just one VERY SMALL part of there job where they shouldn't jump to conclusions without any medical evidence behind it (''oh you put your body weight on your shoulders and squat down 5x5 x3 times a week? That MUST be the problem'')

This has happened twice to me and once to a friend, also I have read reports in my online community for lifting advising to simply not tell your doctor you weight lift for that exact reason. I do tell my Doc because I understand that lying could obstruct a resolution in some cases. I also understand where they were coming from because no one is going to say ''Hey Doc I power lift oh and I also do it wrong'' but there are hundreds of things you can do wrong which can cause a muscle/joint ache or injury other than lifting. Lifting is seen to be the very worst thing you can do to your body when in reality it is much the opposite.

NTECUK 29-08-14 12:06 PM

People who make bacon butties when you are trying to loose weight

Littlepeahead 29-08-14 12:36 PM

I had a bone spur in my heel, I think the surgeon was joking when he said it was my fault for spending a lot of time with fast bowlers as it's a common injury for them and I must have somehow 'caught' the condition since I've never bowled a ball in my life.

NTECUK 29-08-14 01:08 PM

Nope.it's related to fascination with wolverine :)

Littlepeahead 01-09-14 06:41 AM

People who go camping and leave their mobile phone on so that every time their girlfriend texts them in the middle of the night or someone posts on the Org their mobile makes an annoying alert sound at 2am, 3am, 4am etc keeping others awake while they snore on drunk and oblivious. Considering I had a large claw hammer by my pillow and was very grumpy by 5am they are lucky to be alive.