SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Exhaust and Number Plates - Police view (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=58936)

Stu 19-05-09 02:27 PM

Re: Exhaust and Number Plates - Police view

Lay off the Firestarter & think Enya ;)
:lol:

hindle8907 14-06-09 07:45 PM

can i get points for either of the following.
7x5 Number Plate ?
Baffle out of can ?
Or will it just be a fine ?

Sally 14-06-09 07:48 PM

No.
£30 fine and possibly a rectification notice.
general advice is be sensible in town, don't attract attention to you'reself by riding stupidly and you should be fine.

Stu 15-06-09 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hindle8907 (Post 1941021)
can i get points for either of the following.
7x5 Number Plate ?
Baffle out of can ?
Or will it just be a fine ?

Yeah Sally's right in a way. (as in totally correct) IME they draw attention to you when you are doing naughty things so more likely to get points for the riding. :smt102 but still worth it I guess.
Even though they've given me 6 of my current 9 points

Argh, that's a bit scary 8-[

Erikisbananaman 18-06-09 07:52 PM

The MOT tester I used to go to said that the exhaust should be no louder than xDb's but as the DOT dont supply decidel meters to meausure how loud a pipe is he used to pass anything with out not for road use on. Also how many police vehicles are fitted with a Db meter to say how loud it is. I use to ride a Buell X1 with a Pipe with no baffle or wadding (it use to spit it all out in about 100 miles) and never got a ticket, but i did for a single row numberplate by a keen plod who pulled me over when I was stationary and facing him, so he pulled me for no reason then found a fault for which i got a ticket.

G 18-06-09 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erikisbananaman (Post 1946205)
The MOT tester I used to go to said that the exhaust should be no louder than xDb's but as the DOT dont supply decidel meters to meausure how loud a pipe is he used to pass anything with out not for road use on. Also how many police vehicles are fitted with a Db meter to say how loud it is. I use to ride a Buell X1 with a Pipe with no baffle or wadding (it use to spit it all out in about 100 miles) and never got a ticket, but i did for a single row numberplate by a keen plod who pulled me over when I was stationary and facing him, so he pulled me for no reason then found a fault for which i got a ticket.

A hell of alot of traffic car carry them now as standard equipment........it would not suprise me in the slightest if ever North Wales officer had one in their back pocket too lol.

hindle8907 18-06-09 08:49 PM

i have got one on my IPHONE lol its accurate as well

Erikisbananaman 22-06-09 01:17 PM

:oWell that bit of news is new to me, Notts police must be behind the game then, But then again they spend their time and our money chasing real crims with Guns and drugs :smt070not the nasty bike riding criminals that North wales seems to target

Chewie 25-06-09 03:05 PM

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news...l/article.html

It mentions car drivers... but i'm sure they'll do a few bikes!.. i'll hold off buying that exhaust then!

Erikisbananaman 25-06-09 04:02 PM

Looks like a trip to devon and cornwall is out of the picture then, but then again will my reserve constable warrant card for that force get me off I wonder