SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   The Border Patrol (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   New / Returning Riders Ride Out (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=103751)

markryker 31-01-08 08:35 PM

Re: New / Returning Riders Ride Out

Hi all,

Im Mark from Chirk, just outside Llangollen, love to join up with the Patrol, been reading some posts and love to be a part of it.
Thanks a lot ,
Mark

stewie 31-01-08 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markryker (Post 1402827)
Hi all,

Im Mark from Chirk, just outside Llangollen, love to join up with the Patrol, been reading some posts and love to be a part of it.
Thanks a lot ,
Mark

Hi Mark, welcome aboard mate, if you,ve been looking at the border patrol stuff you will have a fair idea of the group, this time of year the weather is against us a little bit, but watch this space and get yourself down to a meet when you can, you,ll be made very welcome :D

easter 31-01-08 09:18 PM

my work mate and her friend are both in north wales and this would be great for them, one only has a little bike as she hasnt done her test and her mate hasnt got a bike as yet but they should both be riding properly next month, any objections if i mentioned it to them about coming along as they dont use this site,

Baph 31-01-08 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markryker (Post 1402827)
Hi all,

Thanks a lot ,
Mark

Hi mark, welcome to the madhouse! One of the meets is pretty close to you, the Bridge Inn, Llangollen.

Keep your eyes on this section, and you'll meet us all (if you really want to :lol:) someday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by easter (Post 1402875)
my work mate and her friend are both in north wales and this would be great for them, one only has a little bike as she hasnt done her test and her mate hasnt got a bike as yet but they should both be riding properly next month, any objections if i mentioned it to them about coming along as they dont use this site,

Not a problem at all easter. IMO, the more the merrier. I've done several rides where I've been sub 30mph in NSL areas because I've been with novice riders. Even novice riders on SV's.

Tell your friends that I also have a pair of 2 way radios with throat mics available for use if they want any reassurance etc post test. That applies to anyone out riding at the same time as me too, if you fancy a natter whilst riding, give me a shout & I can bring the radios, regardless of who uses them.

Some people frown on radio chatter whlist riding though, but it depends on the use of the radio really.

melody 01-02-08 03:05 AM

Sounds good to me.

Pedro68 01-02-08 07:33 AM

Welcome Mark, as Stewie et al have said ... keep an eye on the Border Patrol section and get yourself down to a couple of the meets (and/or rideouts!), and you'll get to meet the gang - we're a good bunch :) honestly :)

markryker 01-02-08 09:12 AM

Thanks very much all for welcoming me, i know the Bridge inn well Baph!!!
Looks like snow forecast this weekend :(. Hope to see some of you on a ride out soon.
Once again thanks for the welcome.

Mark.

Luckypants 06-02-08 10:04 PM

Anyone interested in this being on 17th February?

stewie 06-02-08 10:06 PM

If it was the 24th I would be there but Im working me last night shift on the 17th, sorry.

Pedro68 06-02-08 11:05 PM

Weather permitting possibly yeah :)