SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Soho Massive (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Grrrrr, parking ticket (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=121827)

Spiderman 27-11-08 03:54 PM

Re: Grrrrr, parking ticket

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shellywoozle (Post 1699489)
I'd say some Tw*t had chained your bike to the fence as a joke, you went home to get a saw and covered it up in the meantime to protect from rain !

Mmmm will that work ..... I fink not LOL? :(

Hey hold on should one of our finest in uniform be suggesting such diabolical stretching of truths????

Bad, bad girl. Now see me in my office after school in your other uniform and we'll think of a suitable ounishment for you. ;)

Shellywoozle 27-11-08 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman (Post 1699513)
Hey hold on should one of our finest in uniform be suggesting such diabolical stretching of truths????

Bad, bad girl. Now see me in my office after school in your other uniform and we'll think of a suitable ounishment for you. ;)

LOL can I not dislike parking attendanty tickety people too. It may have been the truth, I have a good imagination - that's my defence and I am sticking to it.

OK coming to your office now !! :smt040

Spiderman 27-11-08 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shellywoozle (Post 1699524)
LOL can I not dislike parking attendanty tickety people too. It may have been the truth, I have a good imagination - that's my defence and I am sticking to it.

OK coming to your office now !! :smt040

No occiffer you have no right to like or dislike anyone, you must be an automaton who sees neither race, creed,sex or colour.

And well, yes it may well have been so i'm not gonna accuse you of too much.

Oh and if you're on your way make sure you bring your cuffs wont you ;)

martianskippy 27-11-08 04:51 PM

I spoke to an attendant in Islington a few months ago and was told that if the bike is covered, they are not allowed to remove the cover unles they are accompanied by two other attendants for "Health&Safety reasons". Because of that, she said, in 99.9% of cases they don't bother as it's too much hassle to follow the procedure...

If that's 100% correct I can't vouch as another advice she gave me "off the record" didn't work and cost me £60 :(

Shellywoozle 27-11-08 06:09 PM

Would I be wrong if I got a colleague to ticket all the cars parked on my estate. I just walked the dog and had to squeeze past 5 cars that were parked all 4 wheels on the path leaving no room to walk ! It so annoys me.

Bikes are a diff matter, leaving one on a road I would consider wrong as it could easily get nicked, hit, pushed over ! I think I am going to rewrite the law.

Mmmmmm as if ! Wishful thinking tho.

Spiderman 28-11-08 03:11 PM

Shell...between you and me we'd come up with a decent set of rules for the world to live by i'm sure.

I mean with your brains and my beauty who would be able to resist us? ;)

Airwolf 28-11-08 07:00 PM

well i must say camden wardens are the worst w**kers, of all wardens.
i have sat in my van talking to my office and given a ticket, and they have cameras in the ticket machine, because as i was giving him some very nice hand signals he took my pic. i did ask for a copy.
as xmas is coming, must be bonus time for wardens.

CoolGirl 28-11-08 07:24 PM

I'd also queryt where the property line is. Check this out:

someone got a ticket for parking on the pavement outside my house. when challenged, the warden said it was illegally parked on the highway and outside the property line.

A few months later a builder (nothing to do with me) leaves an obstruction on the pavement outside my house, I ring the council and ask them to get it removed
LBI:"no, we cant'"
me: "why not?"
LBI: "cos it's inside the property line and we can't do anything about it"

roll forward a year or so. I get a letter from the council saying our hedge is obstructing the same pavement and could we do something about it as we were in breach of the H&B act. I said "so sue me - according to you it's within my property line".....

maviczap 28-11-08 07:36 PM

I nearly got a ticket when I was parked on the pavement outside a pub. The TW was a reasonable bloke and allowed me to move my bike. He said that the double yellow line extended to the wall of the pub, so he could give me a ticket.

Bike wasn't obstructing the pavement, in fact I think the pavement led to a dead end, so no one actually walked past where mine and all the other bikes were parked on the pavement.

But we are talking about many years ago, before TW's became tw*ts