SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Front end woes (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=236288)

wsmc549 29-05-20 01:26 AM

Re: Front end woes

You can do it all yourself pretty easily. There is a YouTube video for all that stuff. Fork seals might be tough with out the right tools.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Red Herring 29-05-20 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stratha (Post 3115877)
Boy was talking about 7 hours labour supply and fit all parts, guessing that's the cost, im just outside paisley. Appreciate all the replies so far, good to get second opinions from people who know these bike's

I doubt the parts would come to £100 even if you used genuine Suzuki bits.....so at £100 an hour I'd say he's a bit steep and if I was paying that kind of money I'd expect the expertise to come with it, so a couple of hours work! Real shame you're the opposite end of the country (some might argue you're in another country :) ) we could have done the whole lot together in an afternoon!

Bibio 30-05-20 10:38 PM

at £100hr in Scotland i would want a BJ thrown in every hour. they are asking that money as a LOT of nightmares can happen especially if the bike has been neglected.

if the lockdown was not in place i might have helped.

Stratha 31-05-20 10:44 AM

I've been looking at the bike yesterday and today, can't see any leaks tbh, feels ok running about (although I'm a bit paranoid) talking to a mate this week about having a look. ordered brake lines from wezmoto, see how I get on with them when they arrive. Thanks again for replies, I'll update with any findings/ parts I fit

Toooldtodie 01-06-20 05:11 PM

I had an MOT garage tell me that my head bearings were worn and quoted nearly £200 for the job.

Went to my trusted garage and he checked the side to side movement of the steering stem and tightened up the nuts and pronounced it good. Cost? Zero, because he's a decent fella.

Stratha 01-06-20 06:04 PM

Spoke to a mate tonight, head bearings fine no leak to be seen on forks or brakes, forks are slightly offset so oil and seal replacement next week, bit nothing dangerous or enough to fail mot, I'll mabe not go back to that garage

gt900uk 11-06-20 12:38 PM

What Garage? I use ride n fit for tyres and MOT. Not had any issues.

Stratha 11-06-20 02:30 PM

Haldanes in greenock, hoping it was just a bad day as I've used them for a couple of years never really had an issue before. I've used ride and fit as well they were hit and miss for me, couldn't find an oil leak in 3 visits, turned out to be driveshaft seal, replaced myself problem solved.
Tbh some of the stuff was on my to do list, like brake lines, but the cost did surprise me.
Incidentally fitted wezmoto race lines this week, and will be doing front shocks this weekend hopefully

gt900uk 11-06-20 03:17 PM

I suppose everywhere has their faults. I tend to try and do work myself on the bike. Had it at Haldane's before and wasn't a fan of the way i was treated.

Stratha 11-06-20 04:17 PM

Yeah, guess it can be luck at times, I probably won't go back to Haldanes, annoying as they were handy for work. Ride and fit or john Clark in Hillington from now on