SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2010 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   AR10 Proposals More time required? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=138940)

Spiderman 06-09-09 09:57 PM

Re: AR10 Proposals More time required?

i call myself many things. A lazy speed reader being one of them and Spartacus even at times.

Fear me, for even i am scared of my own shadow.

hovis 10-09-09 10:23 AM

regarding the "Yes, FFS it's next year there's no rush yet " option, i know its early, 8-9 months away, but as Gruntygiggles has said, the campsite only has a few weekends left for next year, the longer we leave it the less choice of dates we will get.

and i know that we will not be able to come up with a campsite with so much to offer at such a good price.

:smt023

Stu 10-09-09 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovis (Post 2030806)
regarding the "Yes, FFS it's next year there's no rush yet " option, i know its early, 8-9 months away, but as Gruntygiggles has said, the campsite only has a few weekends left for next year, the longer we leave it the less choice of dates we will get.

and i know that we will not be able to come up with a campsite with so much to offer at such a good price.

:smt023

Thanks for the bump. Unless you are saying that 10 more days is too much? :confused: (and if it is, please say so) I think we can rely on the lack of activity (except votes - thank you :)) in this thread too, that 20/9/09 is the absolute cut off date, and you can go ahead and post the date thread then(subject to Afghani style vote rigging before 20/9/09)

hovis 11-09-09 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 2031840)
Thanks for the bump. Unless you are saying that 10 more days is too much? :confused: (and if it is, please say so) I think we can rely on the lack of activity (except votes - thank you :)) in this thread too, that 20/9/09 is the absolute cut off date, and you can go ahead and post the date thread then(subject to Afghani style vote rigging before 20/9/09)

you chosse the cut off date of the 20th, so maybe we should wait till then?

nobody has come forward with the intention of putting somthing together. and even if they do, i dont think it would better GG's efforts

see what the AR mod (spiderman) thinks?

Stu 11-09-09 07:14 AM

With respect, I don't think it's down to him or any other Mod.
If you tell us that waiting another day is going to put the choice of a particular weekend at risk, then I think we should move to the next stage. Remember, the date poll will have to run for a period of time before you can provide the Baskerville with a definite date.

It seems like it's been dragging on for ages (350+ posts chat thread :)) but it's only been just over a week so I think at least 2 weeks would be good to wait if possible to avoid any accusations of sounds like it's already been decided :wink:

hovis 11-09-09 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 2031901)
If you tell us that waiting another day is going to put the choice of a particular weekend at risk, then I think we should move to the next stage. Remember, the date poll will have to run for a period of time before you can provide the Baskerville with a definite date.

It seems like it's been dragging on for ages (350+ posts chat thread :)) but it's only been just over a week so I think at least 2 weeks would be good to wait if possible to avoid any accusations of sounds like it's already been decided :wink:

yeah, i agree and to be honest, i dont think anyone will be able to compete with what gruntygiggles has proposed.

and on the plus side, there does not seem to be the usual moaning, ;)

fizzwheel 11-09-09 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 2031901)

I completey agree, you guys need to sort this out amongst yourselves IMHO.

Stu 11-09-09 08:36 AM

OK, due warning! this poll may close before the scheduled date. Get your super dooper cooper trooper proposals in please :D

plowsie 11-09-09 08:45 AM

I would put an idea forward, but:

I have no bike - though I have a route.
It's over this area of the country again.

EDIT: Let the Hove get his way, it's a clear winnner with all :)

diamond 11-09-09 11:24 AM

I say close the poll and get a date up, might as well get the ball rolling it gives folks plenty of time to book time off from work and stuff.