SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   How loud is loud? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=102062)

Stu 27-12-07 02:28 AM

Re: How loud is loud?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljharmitt (Post 1373177)
bloody hell only showed you the site 10mins ago and look you've made a thread, & already has 10 odd posts lol. good site this

:confused:

ljharmitt 27-12-07 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 1373186)
:confused:

:cheers::smt048

Stu 27-12-07 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljharmitt (Post 1373190)
:cheers::smt048

Woohoo.
Random smilies!
What do you mean you only showed someone the site 10 mins ago?
yorkie Chris has made himself a bit of a regular for a while now. :???:

And apart from yourself, the only relative newbie to this thread so far is some Northwindy chap with only 600 posts.

ljharmitt 27-12-07 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 1373191)
Woohoo.
Random smilies!
What do you mean you only showed someone the site 10 mins ago?
yorkie Chris has made himself a bit of a regular for a while now. :???:

Site for the trackday lmao :smt080

John 675 27-12-07 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluethunder (Post 1373163)
Well I'm gonna have a viper can with da baffle out I can't wait how loud will that be:D

your going for the baffle out eh, excellent choice.. it will be with you soon matey dont you worry :D and trust me that IS loud !

ThEGr33k 27-12-07 09:05 AM

Well for every 3 DB increase the loudness doubles... :cheers:

How do you all measure them? I think my exhaust is pretty quiet at tick over but give it some beans and it roars a bit. Got told off for scaring my mum when I shot past her on the back of my dad a while ago :rolleyes:.

pmapp 27-12-07 09:36 AM

Me n Luke measured ours (fnaaar) before we did a limited noise trackday at Mallory.

Both were hovering around the 98db limit. I pinched our clubs noise meter for it, roughly using the ACU method, around half of max revs, 1 meter behind and off to the side.

I stuck my standard can back on to make sure I didn't get there and they say it was too loud - there were full blown race bikes out there with straight through race systems, so I don't know how strick the tracks are.

Demonz 27-12-07 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorkie_chris (Post 1373169)
Problem is, my old can won't fit, and will make it run slobbery rich.

Just buy a removable baffle that will fit in the end of the can.

The first track day I was 101db with the baffles in.

2nd track day I left them out to see how loud it was - when they tested it was well over so I had to stick them back in.

No drama and I had my base numbers to work from.

Bear 27-12-07 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThEGr33k (Post 1373213)
Got told off for scaring my mum when I shot past her on the back of my dad a while ago :rolleyes:.

:smt119

fat_brstd 27-12-07 02:06 PM

98 is not massivly loud. You will most probably need a baffle in to make that if you have an aftermarket can. When i was looking to do a day at snetterton I phoned them up and asked them about the noise limit and they said that i could go allong on any day and get it noise tested so i went to bedford speedway (which doesnt let bikes on, cars only) as its owned by the same guys and is closer to me and got it tested there where it put out a spectacular 122db which means im not doing any track days on that bike.

The other thing to remember is that twins are loud compaired to il4's. My zzr600 has a full race system and even at high revs its dwarfed out by the tl even when the tl is on tickover.

I would say give them a ring and see if you can get it tested and certified prior to actually booking your session. That way you know 100% with a little bit of paper that your either going to be fine or you going to loose your money.