SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Another Clarkson Gem!! (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=68671)

thor 31-03-06 08:18 AM

I love the way that he said that few people have heard a ferrari or DB9 at full chat. Could it be because:

You need a very long straight?
The cars are very rare because they're so expensive?

Sorry, but that's 2-0 to bikes IMHO. :lol:

Jase22 31-03-06 08:19 AM

Quite a comical article, but if any law along the lines to lower the noise to that level passes, it will be a travesty.

Bikes are meant to be loud, end of story. I'll be keeping my ART can thanks.

Jelster 31-03-06 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel
I can't imagine his GT40 is the quietest thing on the road :lol:

But it's all "tyre noise" :roll:

Daimo 31-03-06 08:30 AM

God there are some boring farts on here :lol:

Engines sound nice, you should exploit that. Be it in a car, a bike, a boat, hell even a jetski...

And whats wrong with being someone who is opinionated?????? Doesn't make him a :toss: That makes him an individual prepared to speak his mind. Who's worried what anyone else thinks...

Mogs 31-03-06 08:33 AM

I can't stand the man but he does have a point, I just wish that he would consider all noisy vehicles the same.

I live on a main road about two hundred yards from a bike dealers, every saturday morning you get some twit blasting away from the shop in 1st, popping wheelies etc.

This is equally balanced out by the chav's zooming off slowly from the car tyre and exhaust place next door to the bike dealers with their sound system thumping, huge exhaust and lit up like a ridicluous blue Christmas tree.

Halonic 31-03-06 08:52 AM

I think I am in the catagory of....

couldnt care less. clarkson is mildly irritating and entertaining in equal measure, but he's various rants are nothing more then fluff and easily dismissed/giggled at/used to cover my floor when I'm polishing my boots.

So untill his views are taken seriously by someone with actual power and political weight, that it may affect my world, I'll happily ignore him.

tricky 31-03-06 09:08 AM

Unless he bought his house before motorcycles where invented, I've got no sympathy for him.

I'm sure its just 90% wind and **** anyway for the sake of an article, doesn't his wife have a bike ?

rob13 31-03-06 09:22 AM

Love him....

Great piece despite being very anti bike! He does it with tongue in cheek rather than genuinely looking for a governmental response. He's in the entertainment business after all.

Skip 31-03-06 09:23 AM

Doesnt he have a house on the Isle of Man anyway?! You would have to be a fruit cake to buy one there and not enjoy motorcycling in some way or another! It would be like our own Peter Henry saying how much he hates a warm climate after moving to Spain! :roll: :lol:

Peter Henry 31-03-06 09:25 AM

I think JC is a master of the tongue in cheek humour myself. Anyone who actually thinks that he strongly believes in many of the points he makes,are frankly missing the point. His job is to provoke reaction for heavens sake! :wink: