SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2007 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   ride-out route (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=83439)

Dicky Ticker 03-06-07 04:02 PM

Re: ride-out route

What about A59--J36M6--A590Levens--Newby Bridge--A592--Windermere--
J40M6--Penrith--A66--Brough--A695--A683--Sedbergh--A684--Hawes--
B6255--Ribblehead--B6479--Settle--A59--Austwick

If people are finding it a bit much they can shorten the last leg by staying on the A683 at Sedbergh to Kirby Lonsdale and back down the A65 to Austwick

Some nice easy roads Lakes and Moors,mixed bag and not to far
Short=110miles
Long = 140miles

El Saxo 03-06-07 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker (Post 1202909)
What about A65--J36M6--A590Levens--Newby Bridge--A592--Windermere--
J40M6--Penrith--A66--Brough--A695--A683--Sedbergh--A684--Hawes--
B6255--Ribblehead--B6479--Settle--A65--Austwick

If people are finding it a bit much they can shorten the last leg by staying on the A683 at Sedbergh to Kirby Lonsdale and back down the A65 to Austwick

Some nice easy roads Lakes and Moors,mixed bag and not to far
Short=110miles
Long = 140miles

Sorry to be a pedant, but I'm guessing you mean the A65 and not the A59?

Sounds like it could be a good route - I could give it a try later this week (anyone welcome to join me) if that'd help?

EDIT - meant to say I can try Jester666's suggestion too, i have Weds - Sat off work this week, so I can try both routes and see what works out better.

stewie 03-06-07 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Saxo (Post 1202970)
Sorry to be a pedant, but I'm guessing you mean the A65 and not the A59?

Sounds like it could be a good route - I could give it a try later this week (anyone welcome to join me) if that'd help?

EDIT - meant to say I can try Jester666's suggestion too, i have Weds - Sat off work this week, so I can try both routes and see what works out better.

Just one note of caution here, at this time of year the lakes are going to be choc a block with caravans and day trippers not everyone in the group may be confident enough to spend the day overtaking to keep up with the quicker riders, dont mean to knock back peoples efforts btw

rictus01 03-06-07 08:18 PM

This thread has been open since Feb,the route and rider group are being organised by
Treacle

He and a couple of others are making the trip up to investigate a few possible routes (stops/petrol & Lunch locations) at the end of the week, following this trip a route will be planned and announced.

Those people that have PM'd me with suggestions have had them passed on to Treacle.

Cheers Mark.

Dicky Ticker 04-06-07 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 1203060)
Just one note of caution here, at this time of year the lakes are going to be choc a block with caravans and day trippers not everyone in the group may be confident enough to spend the day overtaking to keep up with the quicker riders, dont mean to knock back peoples efforts btw

Not much point going to the Lake District if you don,t visit the Lakes and as people are going to encounter taffic on the way to Austwick it will be good practice for them. Should the route be set on lesser "B"Class roads to avoid traffic we then incur much more difficult riding terrain. The previous rideouts have always had different levels of riding skills so providing you ride within your capabilities,be it slow/med or fast,as long as you are aware of the next stop-off point everybody meets up again,even stragglers in the slowest group
The route I suggested had taken this into account with faster A roads after the lakes to enable "catch-up" plus a short cut at the end staying on the main "A" road so that anybody/everybody could arrive back at the venue near enough the same time
I take your point full and well but we are always going to have different riding skills within a large group and as you can't please all the people all the time it
was suggested hoping to please some of the people some of the time.
The powers that be no doubt will take all these points into consideration when posting the agreed on route-----------We will just have to wait and see----------have faith but no doubt your comment has been noted.

TEC 04-06-07 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker (Post 1203244)
Not much point going to the Lake District if you don,t visit the Lakes .... Austwick

Two points, 1st being Austwick is not actually in the Lakes, its Yorkshire Dales National Park, plenty of bike roads there ;) 2nd being the A65 being one of the more dangerous roads in the area :( Its a real nice bike road but with heavy traffic, limited overtake opportunities and the police tend to be there in force over weekends, not all the cars are marked either :smt013

Dicky Ticker 04-06-07 05:58 PM

Sorry I mentioned anything now.

stewie 04-06-07 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker (Post 1203830)
Sorry I mentioned anything now.

don,t be ;)

rictus01 04-06-07 09:28 PM

Guys can you vote here please

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=90656

Cheers Mark.

dizzyblonde 05-06-07 09:14 PM

liked the route posted by jester666.
Have ridden them roads before. Riding via Kettlewell would be fun...as a suggestion , or tanhill- highest pub around. My fella says its a shame his ypvs is off road and hes coming on raptor cause he'd leave us all for dust like he did last year up Ayesgarth....:D
Perhaps I may be able to shake off the fear of the near head on crash i had up there last year

Jester666 05-06-07 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyblonde (Post 1205113)
liked the route posted by jester666.
Have ridden them roads before. Riding via Kettlewell would be fun...as a suggestion , or tanhill- highest pub around. My fella says its a shame his ypvs is off road and hes coming on raptor cause he'd leave us all for dust like he did last year up Ayesgarth....:D
Perhaps I may be able to shake off the fear of the near head on crash i had up there last year

Why fank ewe!! :D

Only took 5 mins looking at an atlas as well!!! :cool:

dizzyblonde 05-06-07 10:50 PM

Theres some killer roads up there. We went up tanhill and theres some very mad moments along the way. Stick to tha path comes to mind. Lots of twissty moorland roads.
Has anyone warned the butty shop in Hawes that they'll be descended on by a load of nutters for breakfast etc.

amarko5 06-06-07 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rictus01 (Post 1201027)
unfortunatly due to a rather disappointing response to this thread by the locals (was hoping they would give some of the good roads around there), other arrangement have had to be made, the route will be planned and announced in the next couple of weeks.

No dividing of the group and no "Loops".

Cheers Mark.

Already said i would draught up a route for you ! but it looks like you have someone else to do it. :wink:

All you had to do was drop a PM if you wanted it :D (it's not a secret and i had 3 routes draughted for discussion)

Dicky Ticker 09-06-07 07:36 AM

You suggest but we decide:)

amarko5 10-06-07 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker (Post 1207948)
You suggest but we decide:)

Mhhh would seem that way Ce la Vie ;)

rictus01 13-06-07 12:05 AM

this thread has been open since the begin of March, no route of use was posted within the time for planning.

members of the marker team rode up to the area and have now planned a route for the Saturday.

Cheers Mark.