SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2008 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   the safely back home thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=113407)

Messie 06-07-08 04:35 PM

Re: the safely back home thread

That was the way I wanted to go. Slightly quicker that way round to the A12. Thanks for caring son ;)

Your filtering's coming along nicely now

Quiff Wichard 06-07-08 04:48 PM

been home a while-

4 ish I think...

ta to all etc etc etc.. as above really really appreciated-

ta to Uki for the company home- standing water and horrendous rain .. but me dry- my new one piece rain suit (same as your Rigor from HG) perfect- and only £40.. did the job- we got home right quick.. cant recall when we set off but I know it was a speedy trip.. covered about 700 miles in total over the weekend- ace .!

got in.. bath mmmmmmmmmmmm fresh grapes- banana apple and a butty - choc cake and another bath ! cleaned teeth - moisturised and slept.!

perfect end to a great couple of days with a great group of people..

and- Saeed.. your name was mentioned more times than I can recall..everyone missed you-

Stu 06-07-08 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rigor (Post 1559204)
Saw Dan at a petrol station on the A303 and then again on the M3. Also passed Falc and his support vehicle on the A303.

A!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by falc (Post 1559303)
A
Saw Stu on the way home as well as James (Rigor), hope everyone else gets back well.

Pics soon.

Don't think that was me you saw falc, would have been Dan

melody 06-07-08 05:00 PM

I've been home a while.

Horrible rain and standing water to contend with.

Soaked in the bath to relieve my aching muscles.

Absolutely fantastic week end. \\:D/

metalmonkey 06-07-08 05:02 PM

Hey guys I eventually got home via the ace and meet some of the guys there totally unplanned!

The bike is away, leathers hung up to dry ect about to have a hot bath, pasta and beer:thumbsup:

To echo again everyones thanks and for a great time. Was just awesome:cool: I think we should we should all try to meet up more than once a year if we can, would be a shame to leave so long before we all meet up! Take care guys.

MR UKI (1) 06-07-08 05:04 PM

Home too. Back about 4.15pm ish having left Quiff on M6 at Stoke. Good run back Quiff, really enjoyed, even your Harley baiting ;) Thanks to all for an amazing weekend, Fizz the roads and organisation was great and a special thank you to The Apes whose hospitality was fantastic.

Quiff Wichard 06-07-08 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svracer12 (Post 1559504)
Hey guys I eventually got home via the ace and meet some of the guys there totally unplanned!

The bike is away, leathers hung up to dry ect about to have a hot bath, pasta and beer:thumbsup:

To echo again everyones thanks and for a great time. Was just awesome:cool: I think we should we should all try to meet up more than once a year if we can, would be a shame to leave so long before we all meet up! Take care guys.

good point-

but the organisation is horrendous-

we do have mini meets regionally..

squirrel_hunter 06-07-08 05:06 PM

Been back a while now, crazy rain on the way back; but who cares top weekend.

Big thanks to Fizz, Viper and the rest of the crew for all they had to go through to get this years event organized. And thanks to all for making the AR what it is.

454697819 06-07-08 05:06 PM

numbers and kitten checking in.. got back at 3.30 ish...

Good journey.. just fingers crossed no sp30 in the post thanks to the cameras on the M42 and the specs on the M1..

fantastic weekend...

joshmac 06-07-08 05:07 PM

Just thought I'd post up to say I got home safely aswell, although my backpack came undone and I lost my washbag and maybe some other stuff :(. You would've thought somebody would be flashing as it fell out my bag :confused:
Thank god I put my phone and wallet in my leathers pocket!!

A massive THANKYOU to all who made the AR08 happen... my first AR, but definitely not my last :D
Was good to get to know some of guys, had a fun time

Josh

Quiff Wichard 06-07-08 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 454697819 (Post 1559513)
numbers and kitten checking in.. got back at 3.30 ish...

Good journey.. just fingers crossed no sp30 in the post thanks to the cameras on the M42 and the specs on the M1..

fantastic weekend...

I got a letter on my mat when I got in-- postmark ilchester-- .. whoooo I thought- oh god an SP30 in double quick time..

---- was my goldfish loyalty vouchers-- phewww

joshmac 06-07-08 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard (Post 1559517)
I got a letter on my mat when I got in-- postmark ilchester-- .. whoooo I thought- oh god an SP30 in double quick time..

:lol:

flimbar 06-07-08 05:21 PM

Back too. Thanks everyone, superb weekend.... add my vote to having a ride out more often than once a year.

Cheers
Nick

MR UKI (1) 06-07-08 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard (Post 1559517)

Tut tut, you could have picked it up and saved them the postage!

mrsgid 06-07-08 05:58 PM

as you know gid is back and so are we just wabted to say hi to those peeps i talked to and sorry i didn't talk to more shyness is a bad thing of mine just to say thanks to all for making me and the little gids feel welcome

Girth 06-07-08 06:01 PM

Just got back about 30mins ago, left drew and lilys house at about 4.30pm and got stuck in traffic near birmingham where i filtered and seem to have shredded my pannier covers 8) and it weed it down all the way home pretty much from brum. :(

Clocked up a total of 650 miles, but a good weekend and a very good ride home with drew.

Cheers to everyone who had some part in it, whether it was just being there or any of the organisation.

yorkie_chris 06-07-08 06:10 PM

The yorkies are home safe.

Birmingham M6 was a bit damp, lots of standing water.... nothing like it to keep you on your toes :-P

joshmac 06-07-08 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorkie_chris (Post 1559596)

Birmingham M6 was a bit damp, lots of standing water.... nothing like it to keep you on your toes :-P

Didn't see you leave mate (still in bed)
Was good to meet you and Maria
I got absolutely drenched from a car going through standing water :smt067b@stards

MR UKI (1) 06-07-08 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorkie_chris (Post 1559596)

+1 for the standing water in Birmingham. We were down to about 30mph in torrential rain, couldn't see a thing. Stopped at the services and talking to a guy on ZZR600 who was following us, he'd ridden from Newquay and was going to Glossop. He was soaked cos wasn't wearing waterproofs :(

Pingu65 06-07-08 06:25 PM

Pingu and Pingi home safely (12:15) made it home in time to watch the F1 - Car drivers can't stick to the road in a little bit of rain - they are rubbish :)

Thanks to all for making us feel welcome and those that chatted (even though we didn't have a 650 or loud exhausts)

Our 1st experience in tents and combined with wet weather - 2 things we can cross off the bikers list.

Pingi (too my relief) has not been put off by the experience so green light to more trips on bike and camping :)

Thanks to the organisers - brilliant effort and added to the whole experience.

Bring on the next one.

Viper 06-07-08 06:42 PM

Viper is HOME !!
\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/

Ed 06-07-08 07:21 PM

I'm back too. Many hours ago in fact but was in dire need of a shower, shave, and food. Monsoon at Gloucester and got drenched, it came down like stair rods - no wonder Doctor Foster never went back there;) - and caught the tail end of a downpour at Ludlow so the A49 was awash.

I've had a terrific weekend:cool:

21QUEST 06-07-08 07:33 PM

Safely back home now :smt003

Firstly, apologies for all those woken up by my late arrival :eek: ;) ...next year we aim to be first on the site 8-[

Turned up ahem quite late and also feel asleep when I went for a quick lay down(wasn't feeling too well). But still a very enjoyable weekend :) .

Big big big :thumbsup: to Fizz, Viper and the rest of the crew for all the effort put it. Super BBQ by the two chefs......just lovely :smt045

Coffee now and and then go down to unpack the bike. Thanks all....

Ben

DavieSV 06-07-08 08:23 PM

I took a long & windy road home but got back safe & sound
It took two hours longer on the way back but so much more enjoyable than the M-way
Thanks everyone for making it a great weekend\\:D/

:notworthy:

BILLY 06-07-08 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21QUEST (Post 1559664)
Safely back home now :smt003

Firstly, apologies for all those woken up by my late arrival :eek: ;) ...next year we aim to be first on the site 8-[

Turned up ahem quite late and also feel asleep when I went for a quick lay down(wasn't feeling too well). But still a very enjoyable weekend :) .

Big big big :thumbsup: to Fizz, Viper and the rest of the crew for all the effort put it. Super BBQ by the two chefs......just lovely :smt045

Coffee now and and then go down to unpack the bike. Thanks all....

Ben

You had better set off now then;)

Frank 06-07-08 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girth (Post 1559585)
Just got back about 30mins ago, left drew and lilys house at about 4.30pm and got stuck in traffic near birmingham where i filtered and seem to have shredded my pannier covers 8) and it weed it down all the way home pretty much from brum. :(

Clocked up a total of 650 miles, but a good weekend and a very good ride home with drew.

Cheers to everyone who had some part in it, whether it was just being there or any of the organisation.

thats alright mate ,dont worry about me

Drew Carey 06-07-08 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gid (Post 1559771)
thats alright mate ,dont worry about me

Well we only did Mway with you buddy. I then took him on the A38 from Bristol to Home. Was a lovely ride and the roads were mostly dry. Woo Hoo.

Frank 06-07-08 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Carey (Post 1559779)
Well we only did Mway with you buddy. I then took him on the A38 from Bristol to Home. Was a lovely ride and the roads were mostly dry. Woo Hoo.

thats ok mate,just being an armchair moaner

dizzyblonde 06-07-08 08:54 PM

lol Gid, I gather you like the picture of Hovis in your avatar I took.....miss YC has got the one after stood on his head...lol

lily 06-07-08 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gid (Post 1559783)
thats ok mate,just being an armchair moaner

then to quote Hovis.....

Shut it you slaaaaaaaaaag ;)

Frank 06-07-08 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lily (Post 1559804)
then to quote Hovis.....

then to quote him again"blurb,blurb,blurb'
forgot how to speak

dizzyblonde 06-07-08 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lily (Post 1559804)
then to quote Hovis.....

and thats Hovis quoting Im Indoors.......

All they need now is an old Granada to drive around in

joshmac 06-07-08 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gid (Post 1559808)
forgot how to speak

PMSL!!

fizzwheel 06-07-08 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gid (Post 1559808)
forgot how to speak

:smt046

Blue Flame 06-07-08 11:21 PM

That's me home (at 11:58PM). Bike in shed. Luggage still on it. Wet and tired.

Good weekend again.. thanks to all involved in the magic organising.

Going to bed now. !!!

northwind 07-07-08 12:15 AM

Me home too. I'm off to bed for a day. Thanks Blueflame for hanging around for me!

caz650s 07-07-08 07:59 AM

Has anyone heard from Lissa & Pete ?

Lucas 07-07-08 08:01 AM

Home! \\:D/(4pm)

I had a great time with you guys!

Roll on AR09!!
:rave:

p.s. Dropped by to see Ace Cafe's SV & bandit day and had a coffee, it consisted of 4 SVs, Spiderman's, FG1's, SVracer12's and mine! :smt043

stewie 07-07-08 08:06 AM

Anyone heard from Luckypants and Speedy claire ?

lily 07-07-08 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caz650s (Post 1560005)
Has anyone heard from Lissa & Pete ?

Drew just texted them, they decided to stay an extra night in Somerset at the B&B but they are leaving in around an hour's time. :D