SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   SV .org Sticker design (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=89244)

stuartyboy 17-05-07 11:11 PM

Re: SV .org Sticker design

Hate to throw a spanner in the works here mate but have you actually thought this through?

For example...you're using a red ".org" On a red bike the .org won't be seen and it will just look like the standard SV decal :confused:

On a silver bike the grey wont be seen and all you'll see is ".org" :confused:

I'm confused as to why you want to recreate the stock logo at all. Most people would just mistake it for the logo that came on the bike. I know I would.

I take it the idea behind your logo is to promote the site. If that's so then why not create something unique so that people wont mistake it with the real one?

Look at the SV rider logo...very distinctive...

http://www.svrider.com/goodies.htm

phil24_7 18-05-07 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuartyboy (Post 1189875)

I don't get any pics at all when I go on this site, what's my browser playin at???

hovis 18-05-07 05:35 AM

Quote:

Hate to throw a spanner in the works here mate but have you actually thought this through?

For example...you're using a red ".org" On a red bike the .org won't be seen and it will just look like the standard SV decal :confused:

I'm confused as to why you want to recreate the stock logo at all. Most people would just mistake it for the logo that came on the bike. I know I would.

I take it the idea behind your logo is to promote the site. If that's so then why not create something unique so that people wont mistake it with the real one?

i kind of agree, as i pointed out b4 about not seeing the the colours depending on where you put them, as you said they cant go on a red back ground, or silver.
but, i think you will find it hard to please everyone & most people are happy with this, if you can do better why not give it a go? (i would not know where to start)

i intend to put them on my screen (i think) so they will look ok, but i see yor point

keithlackie 18-05-07 09:34 AM

No. 3, clear background. That would be going right on my bike... somewhere.

Gordon B 18-05-07 09:39 AM

Quote:

Thanks for your comments.

Trust me when I tell you I am not a graphic designer, I am only doing this to try to give something back to the .org who have helped me out on numerous occasions.

Also their stickers cost $5, these will be about 75p to £1

No-one else has pointed out this issue, and as hovis said alot of people will be putting them on their screens. I am hoping to get a couple of samples first to try out and then iron any issues out from there.

It would be difficult to please everyone as everyone has a different coloured machines, I am just trying to guage a majority.

Alo while it is to promote the site, I feel it also will serve as a badge so that if you are out somewhere and you spot an sv, or other bike, with one of these stickers, you know they are a .org'er and you can talk to them without them looking at you like you are some sort of nutter. I know, its happened to me in the past!

Gordon

gettin2dizzy 18-05-07 09:41 AM

well i like 3! and good job doing it all :) there area a few of us who appreciate it!

jayjay 18-05-07 10:02 AM

I like nr 2 but 3 is good too,

put me down for a couple if you go ahead with it.

Thanks

Viney 18-05-07 10:13 AM

2 or 3. 1 is a bit dull imho. However if cheap enough, get some made up of each, then people can choose. Not sure on costs. My last sv650.org stick was on my lid, and if i had a new one, would probably go on the screen or Swing arm (Dont like stickers on bikes)

For the colours and to save them 'disapearing' on bikes, add a black outline to the text.

plowsie 18-05-07 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovis (Post 1185123)
although you might not see the 650 on i tinted screen so good, as you might not see the SV if on a silver swing arm

If your like me with white fairings you've got it sorted lol

Let me know when they are available too :thumbsup:

stuartyboy 18-05-07 12:37 PM

[quote=Jamaxx;1190160]
Alo while it is to promote the site, I feel it also will serve as a badge so that if you are out somewhere and you spot an sv, or other bike, with one of these stickers, you know they are a .org'er /quote]

I disagree mate. This the point I was trying to make. The logo you've done is just too close to the original. It doesn't stand out or distinguish enough from the real logo for people to recognise it as the .org site. Any other biker would just think it was another stock logo. The whole point of a logo is to be unique and distinctive.

My company does shed loads of graphic design work and I know from years of experience just by looking at it that it doesn't stand out enough.

Please dont think I'm criticising your efforts - anything but. I wish some people would show that kind of effort for me sometimes. I just woudn't like you to be disappointed with the end results.

The printers wont care - they'll take your money and when you see the end product you could be very disappointed. If you have no Graphic design experience then you probably sent the printers RGB proofs - these will render differently in real life.

Look athe the svrider.com logo below. There's no mistaking this for the real logo and you can tell instantly its a logo about a website for people who ride SVs.

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/3...ckerhp7.th.gif

If you want some help then PM me and I can point you in the right direction and save you time and money.

stuartyboy 18-05-07 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy (Post 1190164)
well i like 3! and good job doing it all :) there area a few of us who appreciate it!

never said he wasn't doing a good job...just trying to save the guy some money and help him out.

Gordon B 18-05-07 06:45 PM

Stuart,

Again thanks for the comments and the offer. The printer is a good friend of mine so I know I will get a good job done so no worries there.

I used to work in marketing so know that a design and a finished product can be completely different, trust me when you have signed off an order for 10,000 of the feckers and they come back totally different its a biatch....:smt119 so it will be a small run first to make sure its OK, then put in for a few more.

Your points are valid, design 3 seems to be the most popular so I think my next step is to maybe tweak that design a bit, ie everyone seems to agree that it should just say 'sv650.org' and thats valuable feedback. No point in designing a sticker and then everyone hates the wording and its back to square one...

I knew this wasn't going to be plain sailing but it keeps my occupied during the quieter times in my shop:D

Gordon

hovis 18-05-07 06:55 PM

how far have you gone with this?
you could throw it open so anybody wanting to design a sticker to have a go, as it seems theres a few that do it for a job?

the svrider logo does stand out , can sv650.org stand out as much?

im happy with 3......... unless somthing better comes up?

Gordon B 18-05-07 07:11 PM

Was hoping to have these ready for AR07.

I will have look at the design over the weekend. The vast majority seem happy with 3 though, in one form or another.

On a seperate issue...

Its funny but I always seem to forget about Jilted John and then someone brings all the memories flooding back. I was in secondary school when it came out, so you can imagine the stick.....:rolleyes:

Buts lets not derail this thread as its hard enough keeping it on topic as it is.....

hovis 18-05-07 07:17 PM

is your name gordon?

maybe change the style of writting a bit so it looks more unusal.....but readable?

kcowgergmm 19-05-07 02:15 AM

i like 1 and 3 both

stuartyboy 19-05-07 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamaxx (Post 1190707)
Your points are valid

Glad to be of help Gordon and glad you took them the right way. From experience I've found that there's always someone who will find fault after things have been done so I try to be as thorough as possible.

We were talking about this at work yesterday and someone mentioned....what if you dont have an SV anymore but still want associated with the site? If the sticker looks too much like the suzuki logo then would you put it on your hondas', triumphs, kwak's? Would people ask why have you got a suzuki sv logo on your cbr?

Draper 19-05-07 10:17 PM

i seem to be the only person here to like #1 ](*,)

danf1234 20-05-07 06:40 AM

:D Yes.

Tiger 55 20-05-07 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draper (Post 1191330)
i seem to be the only person here to like #1 ](*,)

No!

There's me, Billy, Blue Flame, injury ian and many, many more...

Draper 20-05-07 12:13 PM

Still abit low on the ground tho considering it is a goodun

glade 23-05-07 06:25 PM

What about number 3, but in a choice of colours.

The red text won't show up on my bike... Yellow please!!!

actually i'll put it on my swingarm so it doesnt matter.

independentphoto 25-05-07 03:54 PM

I voted for 3, but here's an idea.....................

.............why not do Die Cut ".org"s in silver and black options so that they could just be added to the Suzuki originals. A little more discrete and classy and probably a little cheaper too?

Garry:smt023

Steve_God 30-05-07 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by independentphoto (Post 1196526)
I voted for 3, but here's an idea.....................

.............why not do Die Cut ".org"s in silver and black options so that they could just be added to the Suzuki originals. A little more discrete and classy and probably a little cheaper too?

What he^^ said!

John 675 31-05-07 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_God (Post 1200281)
What he^^ said!

I THIRD THAT !!!! sounds good id be up for that

hovis 31-05-07 08:06 AM

but it will read

SV650s.org

on a "S"

Steve_God 31-05-07 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovis (Post 1200475)
but it will read

SV650s.org

on a "S"

Good point... in that case we need a red line to go through the 's' alongside the '.org' bit.
For those without an 's', they could use this red line to underline the '.org' if they wish! :)

[sarcasm] (Failing that... we could break off from the .org and make our own sv650s.org and make fun of those naked bikes) ;) [/sarcasm]

Grinch 31-05-07 12:09 PM

I rather like this one...

http://www.sv650.org/stickers/sticker%20plate2.jpg

Gordon B 31-05-07 12:17 PM

Hi all,

I have currently got my Graphic Designer friend on the case for me. I should, hopefully have the results by the end of this week.

The design will say "sv650.org" and will have a clear background as requested, I am also hoping to be able to offer a choice of colours.

Apologies for it taking so long but its in hand :D

Gordon

thebluelion 31-05-07 07:20 PM

Not sure of any but if had to make a chose it would be 3

phil24_7 31-05-07 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamaxx (Post 1200737)
Hi all,

I have currently got my Graphic Designer friend on the case for me. I should, hopefully have the results by the end of this week.

The design will say "sv650.org" and will have a clear background as requested, I am also hoping to be able to offer a choice of colours.

Apologies for it taking so long but its in hand :D

Gordon

Cool, post pics when they're done so we can all place our orders!

Cheers

Gordon B 04-06-07 10:51 PM

Hi all,

Following on from this thread, I feel that the main thrust of members wanted to have just the phrase 'sv650.org'

The feedback has been mainly positive, and some constructive, and I thank you all for that.

The next phase, now that everyone (a majority vote!) is happy with the wording, is to decide on a design.

Please see link for the next part of the process

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=90676

Gordon

muzikill 05-06-07 06:09 PM

Any chance of a sticker that looks exactly the same shape/font and color as the one on my candy blue k3 pointy at the side of the top fairing but sized so it can be put at the sides of the rear fairing? eg below the cowl.
Then having the .org at the end in the same font/color as the '650' but leaving out the 's' at the end?

Gordon B 05-06-07 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzikill (Post 1204947)
Any chance of a sticker that looks exactly the same shape/font and color as the one on my candy blue k3 pointy at the side of the top fairing but sized so it can be put at the sides of the rear fairing? eg below the cowl.
Then having the .org at the end in the same font/color as the '650' but leaving out the 's' at the end?

:smt107

Heh, wish I could make them bespoke for everyone, but its not going to happen I'm afraid. These will be one size fits all....

Printer was out today but I will be beating his door down tomorrow for my quote....

Keith1983 07-06-07 09:34 AM

Any chance of helmet friendly stickers? maybe even expand to patches for leathers, hats etc? I appreciate this would be time consuming and just thought I'd throw it in for you to mull over.

Gordon B 12-06-07 09:25 AM

It looks like my printer is about to neg on this deal claiming to not be able to produce in small enough numbers...

grrrrrrrr, why couldn't he have told me that 2 weeks ago......:smt092

I'm off to Silverstone with the throttle monkeys forum tomorrow (Wednesday) and they have someone who produces stickers so will have a chat with them and then post back.....

I would say now thats it 90% certain that these won't be ready fo the AE. Sorry to let everyone down but I will stay on the case....

Gordon

Posky 16-06-07 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith1983 (Post 1206288)
Any chance of helmet friendly stickers? maybe even expand to patches for leathers, hats etc? I appreciate this would be time consuming and just thought I'd throw it in for you to mull over.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind slapping something on my skull, but I'm particular about my bikes.

thebluelion 16-06-07 06:46 PM

Posky i agree would not mind a sticker for rear of my lid. Jamaxx if the one u have designed is not to big i'm sure it would do.

Tomcat 16-06-07 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posky (Post 1214287)
Yeah, I wouldn't mind slapping something on my skull, but I'm particular about my bikes.

+ 1

Jester666 07-08-07 09:09 AM

Any updates on the stickers?