SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

NTECUK 01-09-14 12:04 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spank86 (Post 2976712)
Maybe they've been riding on the 272.

the locals have been complaining about bikers "riding slowly through the villages and then opening it up on the NSL bits"...

Obviously they'd prefer it the other way around :D

The Finchingfield parish council moaned about the motorcyclists using the village and speeding through it.
So they set up a camera van.
Didn't catch one bike, but did catch 3 councillor's, most of the cricket team too.

maviczap 01-09-14 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTECUK (Post 2976720)
The Finchingfield parish council moaned about the motorcyclists using the village and speeding through it.
Didn't catch one bike, but did catch 3 councillor's, most of the cricket team too.

Is that a gripe?

Bibio 01-09-14 12:45 PM

bikers that ride at 50mph and you have to overtake them then they moan about it as your up their arzz and invading their space.

Amadeus 01-09-14 01:17 PM

Cyclists riding 2 a breast. I don't understand the reasoning and all it does is make it more difficult to overtake them

maviczap 01-09-14 01:23 PM

In the Highway code it says that don't ride more than 2 abreast, out of courteousness & safety we'll go into single file when we hear a vehicle behind us.

As to the reason its so we can talk to each other on a pleasant day out, which you can't do if you're riding single file.

If you want to moan, have a go at horse riders, riding 2 abreast down the road

Spank86 01-09-14 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTECUK (Post 2976720)

I remember a police officer saying that when a village complains about speeders they set up a camera there and catch people from the next village down... then they set up the camera in the next village and catch the original complainers.

NTECUK 01-09-14 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 2976737)
Is that a gripe?

nope just a reply to Spanks post

Amadeus 01-09-14 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 2976756)
out of courteousness & safety we'll go into single file when we hear a vehicle behind us.

That didn't happen yesterday when I went out and was stuck behind about 10 cars (I was in my car) because of cyclists riding 2 a breast.
I *think* the highway code says that a vehicle causing a queue to form should pull over where possible to let faster traffic past. I think this is aimed at tractors etc but it applies to all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 2976756)
If you want to moan, have a go at horse riders, riding 2 abreast down the road

This is my gripe of the day. The point of this thread. I'm sure not every gripe here is agreed upon by all. :o

It's a matter of being considerate to others, no more.

garynortheast 01-09-14 02:54 PM

Life? Don't talk to me about life......

Spank86 01-09-14 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 2976786)
Life? Don't talk to me about life......

You probably shouldn't hang around with Des'ree then.