SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Thames Valley (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   The next rideout...... (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=104389)

Demonz 11-02-08 01:18 PM

Re: The next rideout......

Half day is normally better for me - i cant make next weekend though... so next round maybe.

philbut 11-02-08 01:36 PM

bloody hell that was quick - we planning the next one already!

No worries about changing the route Plowsie, i just like the worcester - stratford bit, the route back from banbury was just intednded to get people back to familiar terratory. I usually do the oxford to worcester bit in about an hour, then a bit less to get to stratford, so it could be done in about 3.5 hours i guess. but i wouldn't say it's a morning run. It'd be better to have a few stops. I can work in some b roads for TheApe too, as this is my hoem turff. there is a great set of hairpins called "fish hill" on the way over the cotswolds that are always worth a play!

ASM-Forever 11-02-08 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philbut (Post 1413056)
bloody hell that was quick - we planning the next one already!

No worries about changing the route Plowsie, i just like the worcester - stratford bit, the route back from banbury was just intednded to get people back to familiar terratory. I usually do the oxford to worcester bit in about an hour, then a bit less to get to stratford, so it could be done in about 3.5 hours i guess. but i wouldn't say it's a morning run. It'd be better to have a few stops. I can work in some b roads for TheApe too, as this is my hoem turff. there is a great set of hairpins called "fish hill" on the way over the cotswolds that are always worth a play!

Nick mentioned fish hill, he highly recommended it.

flibble 11-02-08 03:26 PM

Sounds like Sunday was very successful and another ride in the making so soon :)

Can't do this wkd coming, but probably join if you guys out following Sunday 24th..

KnightRider 11-02-08 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flibble (Post 1413221)
Sounds like Sunday was very successful and another ride in the making so soon :)

Can't do this wkd coming, but probably join if you guys out following Sunday 24th..

As much as I want you to turn up - the other half would prefer it if you were to stay at home. Dont take it personally, its just I have a major case of bike envy and my girlfriend keep reminding me that I have more important things to spend my money on:

1. Mortgage
2. Engagement ring
3. Wedding
4. Handbags
5. Jewlery
6. [insert other girly tat here]

Just kidding - hope to see you at the next meet!

ASM-Forever 11-02-08 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 1413316)
As much as I want you to turn up - the other half would prefer it if you were to stay at home. Dont take it personally, its just I have a major case of bike envy and my girlfriend keep reminding me that I have more important things to spend my money on:

1. Mortgage
2. Engagement ring
3. Wedding
4. Handbags
5. Jewlery
6. [insert other girly tat here]

Just kidding - hope to see you at the next meet!

The only thing on that list that mkaes a jot of sense, is to get on the property ladder. Having said that, with the supposed housing armageddon on the way....why not wait for a bit.

Weddings have always been a bit of a mystery to me. Such a waste of money on one day, which is fine if you have money to waste, but when you need it for other things.....

I think i read somewhere that the average cost of a wedding is over £20k, i'm reasonably affluent and would aim to spend £20. :smt045

Demonz 11-02-08 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASM-Forever (Post 1413337)
I think i read somewhere that the average cost of a wedding is over £20k, i'm reasonably affluent and would aim to spend £20. :smt045

If you are really tight - Just find a Danish wife - tradition dictates the daughters folks pay...

KnightRider 11-02-08 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASM-Forever (Post 1413337)
The only thing on that list that mkaes a jot of sense, is to get on the property ladder. Having said that, with the supposed housing armageddon on the way....why not wait for a bit.

Weddings have always been a bit of a mystery to me. Such a waste of money on one day, which is fine if you have money to waste, but when you need it for other things.....

Property is the first thing on the list - unfortunately I need the 10% deposit so am having to start saving like crazy. As much as I want to get the CBR I fear it may have to wait a bit.

ASM-Forever 11-02-08 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuonoGrant (Post 1413367)
If you are really tight - Just find a Danish wife - tradition dictates the daughters folks pay...

Interesting...........

I will have to google for Danish women! :D

StreetHawk 11-02-08 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuonoGrant (Post 1413367)

Isn't that the tradition here too?