SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Thanks For The Memories (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=162920)

Speedy Claire 19-02-11 01:47 PM

Re: Thanks For The Memories

This really is sad news and i`m gutted for you both as I know how much biking means to you... at the end of the day tho your health is far more important. It`ll be strange not having you on rideouts but as others have said there`s no reason why you can`t still attend events in the car. My personal thanks to you both for the help and support you`ve given me over the last few years... it has been very much appreciated and i`m grateful to you both.

Best wishes to Pete for a speedy recovery.... i`m glad they`ve caught this clot in time and with the right treatment you`re gonna be fine x

jambo 19-02-11 02:09 PM

Oh Guys!
I'm really sorry you two are having to hang up your boots, but you've posted tons of clear miles so nicely done :)

Look after Pete, it's been a giggle every time I've ridden with you guys, and I do hope you'll continue being a part of the org, we've got a number of ex-motorcyclists on the board who for whatever reason aren't able to ride. They still post, and most still make the AR :D

Jambo

fizzwheel 19-02-11 02:35 PM

I'd like to wish you both well, and wish Pete a speedy recovery to.

Blue Flame 19-02-11 02:44 PM

That's just crap news.

I am really sorry to hear this news.

I hope that it is only temporary. :(:(

Binky 19-02-11 04:50 PM

Ah, gutted for you guys. It was only the other day me and Speedplay were thinking when you guys would make a return. Hope Pete gets better soon though, and definitely come down and say hello at the odd track day or rideout. :)

I'll also take this opportunity to thank you guys for teaching me a lot when i was first starting out. Pete's to blame for my riding now... ;)

Tara 19-02-11 04:56 PM

Really sorry to hear this I hope Pete recovers from the clot soon and that his eyesight problems don't get any worse xx

embee 19-02-11 05:04 PM

Sorry to hear that, Lissa, and all the best to Pete. When you said you were going to sort out the big clot once and for all I thought..............

You do realise what M-R-2 means in French don't you? ;)

Sudoxe 19-02-11 05:13 PM

Sorry to hear that guys.

I had a blood clot in the same place last year. It *really* hurts for a few days, until the clexane and warfarin kick in properly then he should be back on his feet, well I was at least!

Don't worry, the 6months of blood tests and drugs soon passes and you will forget it ever happened. And on the plus side, Pete gets to wear stockings in public! ;)

Dan

G 19-02-11 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binky (Post 2486145)

I'll also take this opportunity to thank you guys for teaching me a lot when i was first starting out. Pete's to blame for my riding now... ;)

Ha I was thinking exactly the same... On both accounts, following you guys improved my riding no end.

So thanks.

Lissa 19-02-11 05:58 PM

Thank you for all of the kind comments, and also for the pm's I've received.

It's a bit of an emotional day. We've known for a while that we would probably have to sell the Duke, but this latest health scare of Pete's made the decision for us. We will NOT, however, be looking at caravans, motorhomes or, even worse, a Goldwing! This will do nicely, once we get a decent exhast on it.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...Jan2011001.jpg

Merde, embee? Peut-être, mais une mille fois mieux d'un renault! :p

There is no talk about surgery at the moment. Pete has to have a course of 5 injections into his stomach, in fact I've just watched him inject todays dose, and he has also been put on Warfarin. The downside to that is any cut will bleed like Hell, so I'll have to take all sharp objects away from him...not that he was safe with them before! :D