SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Crunchy helmet cam footage (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=227057)

Chris_SVS 07-06-17 08:02 PM

Re: Crunchy helmet cam footage

^ok 8-[

SV650rules 07-06-17 08:14 PM

Absolutely non of the highway code applies to cyclists, well that's their story and they're sticking to it.

Chris_SVS 07-06-17 08:36 PM

There are some poor road users out there in/on all modes of transport I consider myself to be responsible and law abiding.

DomP 07-06-17 08:47 PM

I applaud you for having the guts to put this video up knowing you may get an ear bashing, I think it's an invaluable thing for comparatively new riders like me to see. Who knows this video may even save someone from a similar incident or worse.

👍

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

ophic 07-06-17 09:01 PM

No point having a helmet cam if you can't post clips of yourself doing really stupid things :)

DomP 07-06-17 09:03 PM

I got an sj4000 for Christmas but still haven't used it partly due to my shocking indecision on where to mount in which will be followed by the next indecision of how to mount it

yokohama 08-06-17 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomP (Post 3070836)
I got an sj4000 for Christmas but still haven't used it partly due to my shocking indecision on where to mount in which will be followed by the next indecision of how to mount it

While you're thinking, get a chest harness for under a tenner to try it out. Main problem is the battery life so for longer trips, it needs connecting up to a charger

Talking Heads 08-06-17 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ophic (Post 3070835)
No point having a helmet cam if you can't post clips of yourself doing really stupid things :)

Its good that you realise your mistake.
Regularly analysing your footage to try and find out what you could have done better is a real value of recording footage.

All too often I've seen videos posted and the rider claims the other person is entirely at fault, they don't like it when you point out their error(s) and it can degenerate into unpleasantness.

ophic 08-06-17 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talking Heads (Post 3070849)
All too often I've seen videos posted and the rider claims the other person is entirely at fault, they don't like it when you point out their error(s) and it can degenerate into unpleasantness.

This often results from 2 people talking about 2 different things.

There's "what you could have done better to predict/avoid/handle the accident" which is normally general good driving/riding practice.

Then there's "who caused the accident" which is who broke the rules causing the situation to arise.

Just because a biker doesn't want to crash and therefore (normally! :p) takes every reasonable precaution to avoid other drivers doing stupid and illegal things, does not excuse other drivers from doing these stupid and illegal things in the first place.

So being "not at fault" doesn't mean your riding is perfect and there's nothing you could have done better.

Talking Heads 08-06-17 09:20 AM

That's a very good summation Ophic
I hope you get the bike fixed up soon and get back on the road. :)