SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2011 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   ........where do I start (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=169540)

dizzyblonde 08-08-11 05:22 PM

Re: ........where do I start

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_84_650S'99 (Post 2585778)
Despite the weather and my leaking fluorescent yellow helmet (felt like riding wearing a fish bowl at points) .

mmmm my nice new helmet was exactly the same. Specs steamed up too, didn't bother wiping the outside after a while as it was running in from the top and distorting everything.
Had to ride back to the campsite with specs perched on end of nose! Peeps already know I'm as blind as a bat!

Glad you enjoyed your first AR:cheers:

andrewsmith 08-08-11 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyBrad (Post 2585906)
yea unreal tbh. How he didnt die ill never know. actually i dont think he knows either! on the flip side it would have allowed him to pop some nice lights on the front :)

steve was another good un. Some classic grasstracking action :D (only funny because i nearly did the same on the reccee!)

that was a good un!
Making it funnier seeing the chosen re-entry point was a 2ft puddle

Dave it was right at the back on the 2nd leg about 2 miles after I marked the bridge

dyzio 08-08-11 06:43 PM

Big thanks to the whole organising team, markers and the catering team :D

Also thanks to whoever it was that lend me their tankbag (sorry, to many new people), Messie for the tailpack, Sid for duck tape and Owenski for keys to the DRZ (still grinning :D)

Great place, no rain next time please :cool:

Luckypants 08-08-11 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckypants (Post 2585714)
Certainly was, sorry I ate about half of one. :oops: The fault lies entirely with Toni (miss TLW) for taking pity on me and fetching me the biggest slice of cake I've EVER seen - and I've eaten a lot of cake!. It would have been rude of me not to eat after she went to so much trouble.....

PS. The rest was eaten by Venom, for little fella he can eat!

TOLD YOU!!!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Y...E/s720/080.JPG

Mrs Combatfred 09-08-11 08:58 AM

Have finally joined the forum so I can give my thanks personally to Lou and everyone involved in the making of a brilliant weekend.:cheers: I will definately be back next year and Lou, I will not stop in trying to get a nice pic of you guys, can't believe I took four pics and not one turned out:smt104!!

missyburd 09-08-11 09:00 AM

Howdy do Wendy :D

BoltonSte 09-08-11 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyBrad (Post 2585906)
steve was another good un. Some classic grasstracking action :D (only funny because i nearly did the same on the reccee!)

Glad I could provide some entertainment...but it didn't half shoite me up for a good 20 mins afterwards.

Although on the accent front, Me and AndrewSmtih in the bar before most folk got there on Sat chatting; must have just sounded like white noise..deep, deep white noise to most.

BoltonSte 09-08-11 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewsmith (Post 2585950)
that was a good un!
Making it funnier seeing the chosen re-entry point was a 2ft puddle

Dave it was right at the back on the 2nd leg about 2 miles after I marked the bridge

Like I could get any wetter by that point...my thoughts were more like this: Oh **** I ain't going round this corner (no idea why)....anchors on, Oh **** I ain't going to stop before the grass...brakes off...Oh **** I hope there aren't any ditches...Yay I'm still on....Oh ****I hope I can slow the thing down....Oh **** it's trying to let go, please don't fall, it'll cost money, will make me look more like a **** and may also hurt. Ah **** it, it's only a puddle and I'm already peed through.

Thanks to all the folks I met in the flesh for having a chat even if you didn't understand me, to Andy for that schnapps, Diz and Orose for putting all the effort in and to the typical weather for teaching me I have never been wet on a bike before...I was pouring water out my boot and everything was literally dripping in the drying room when I got back.

Ste

AndyBrad 09-08-11 11:59 AM

dont worry chap. i was scared for ya!!!!

dizzyblonde 09-08-11 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoltonSte (Post 2586335)

Although on the accent front, Me and AndrewSmtih in the bar before most folk got there on Sat chatting; must have just sounded like white noise..deep, deep white noise to most.

lol, when Pete and Moses started talking in Greek was like jibberjabberjibberjabberjibberjabber:cool:.......a nd the Scots stood with them looked confused, as Petes scotch accent suddenly changed. Don't think his mates have heard him speak like that before :p