SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2007 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   The Safely Home Thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=92458)

Jar 01-07-07 05:12 PM

Re: The Safely Home Thread

2mths and I have both arrived safe!

melody 01-07-07 05:26 PM

Hello everyone

I got home a few hours ago, realised Sky still hadn't sorted out my broadband connection, so got a couple of hours sleep, jumped back on the bike and rode to Leeds to a friend with internet access.

I feel very emotional about the whole week end. I had such a FANTASTIC time. Its been a while since I've met such a wonderful bunch of people. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, and I feel so proud to be a part of such a great team!

A massive thank you to the organisers and the participants. To everyone that I didn't actually get to chat with, I wanted to, but that shyness thing gets in the way:oops:

Melody

PS Thank you all for appreciating my baps;)

Baph 01-07-07 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melody (Post 1226187)
PS Thank you all for appreciating my baps;)

You never did say if they were wet or moist!?!

(This is going to start up conversations about Stretchie now isn't it? :lol:)

timwilky 01-07-07 05:45 PM

Got home about 12. Just before the heavens opened. Nice hot bath for my aching back.

Thanks everyone for the great weekend and excellent company

dizzyblonde 01-07-07 05:46 PM

top bird for saving the day with the baps.. I got a call off melody 5 mins after In walked in the door. Must have teleported down the m62 and it was peezing it down. She really was buzzing. I knew she couldn't resist getting the bike out again. .and she did. what a super lass. I thought I'd put her off after that deer leg threw itself behind me.. I think she did brilliant all weekend

Baph 01-07-07 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyblonde (Post 1226202)
top bird for saving the day with the baps.. I got a call off melody 5 mins after In walked in the door. Must have teleported down the m62 and it was peezing it down. She really was buzzing. I knew she couldn't resist getting the bike out again. .and she did. what a super lass. I thought I'd put her off after that deer leg threw itself behind me.. I think she did brilliant all weekend

Great news!! I'm really glad that she's getting more confidence. From what I saw of her riding this weekend (only a little bit then ;)) confidence was the only thing that was lacking. Everything else was fine.

Far far far better to ride slow & be cautious rather than hoon around & not know what you're doing.

One day Melody you'll make a VERY quick rider. As Sid Squid has said before himself, "If you can't ride slowly, you haven't got a hope of being fast." (See Ian, I do listen to - and remember what you say :) ) Concentrate more on being smooth than on being fast, and everything will slot into place quickly.

yorkie_chris 01-07-07 05:52 PM

As for the deer leg, She did have grandstand view of the splurge, wobble and the cloud of guts; but from where I was she didn't look at all bothered!

Well done for keeping your cool, I don't know what I'd have done, just shows you were worried about confidence and you've ridden perfectly all weekend, so shush with the worrying and I hope you enjoyed yourself :)

Chris

Blue Flame 01-07-07 06:15 PM

Hi folks.

Got back at 5:30. Wet but happy. Thanks for a great weekend. Was good to see both old and new faces.

Northwind stopped at Gretna for a break cos he was feeing a bit under the weather :puker: but I am sure he will be on soon.

Great organising and great fun. :smt038. Now where are we going next year :-)

Gordon B 01-07-07 06:29 PM

Home also.

Hung tent out to dry, put my shoes in the washing machine, bathed and feeling human again!

Thanks to Billy and GMS for the company home.

Just as well for Billy as we had to bump him out of the layby when we said our goodbyes!

Its currently brilliant sunshine AND teeming down outside. Go figure....

Will wash the Lanacashire mud off tomorrow....

G

_Stretchie_ 01-07-07 06:33 PM

Right home and dry, got rained on something rotten but waterproofs held out..

Cheers guy had a fantastic weekend, nice to meet old and new faces

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baph (Post 1226190)
(This is going to start up conversations about Stretchie now isn't it? :lol:)

OH NO!!!!