SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Cutting out as pulling up to junctions (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=230633)

glang 11-09-18 04:21 PM

Re: Cutting out as pulling up to junctions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3091924)
no.

good to know my suzuki manual is wrong then:thumbsup:

Bibio 11-09-18 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GraemeC123 (Post 3091927)
No fault codes present.

its a hard one then and my suggestion is to go to your local suzuki dealer who might know a bit better.

you could hunt and change things for weeks and spend a fortune on it then end up being something really simple.

the high tickover is giving a clue to something as K7 onwards are pretty bang on 12-13k rpm

Bibio 11-09-18 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glang (Post 3091929)
good to know my suzuki manual is wrong then:thumbsup:

FI comes up when there is something wrong with the ignition system or the fuel injection system. there could be a fault elsewhere that would show a code such as if there was ABS fitted etc.etc. FI does not always show when something is wrong. codes can clear themselves as well.

glang 12-09-18 05:36 PM

My manual doesnt include ABS info but I know theres codes for tip over sensor and cooling fan relay and both of these will bring up FI warning. Your right about the codes being able clear themselves (I assume thats the same on the later models) and its annoying especially as cars always keep them stored until they are manually cleared....

GraemeC123 20-09-18 04:56 PM

Seen quite a few sidestand switch intermittent faults on here so thought I would have another look. Bike will start in gear with the clutch in sidestand up as expected, when I place the sidestand down it will keep running and even let me pull away. I assume it should not keep running with the sidestand down and in gear? I don't think this is my only problem but before I order another one just want to make sure I am correct.

Bibio 20-09-18 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GraemeC123 (Post 3092299)
Seen quite a few sidestand switch intermittent faults on here so thought I would have another look. Bike will start in gear with the clutch in sidestand up as expected, when I place the sidestand down it will keep running and even let me pull away. I assume it should not keep running with the sidestand down and in gear? I don't think this is my only problem but before I order another one just want to make sure I am correct.

bike should cut out if sidestand is down or put down when in gear.

Grim-Lock 20-09-18 05:30 PM

Sidestand switch bypassed, just to confirm the bike WILL NOT start unless the clutch is pulled even in neutral?

Bibio 20-09-18 05:42 PM

apart from the new SV (easy start) every SV has two safety switches and both need a combination to let the bike start.

bike in neutral and clutch out the bike should not start, with sidestand up or down.
bike in neutral and clutch in the bike should start, with sidestand up or down.
bike in gear and clutch out the bike should not start, with sidestand up or down.
bike in gear and clutch in the bike should start, with sidestand up.
bike in gear and clutch in the bike should not start, with sidestand down.

all actions require the clutch to be in before bike will start.

Grim-Lock 20-09-18 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3092306)
apart from the new SV (easy start) every SV has two safety switches and both need a combination to let the bike start.

bike in neutral and clutch out the bike should not start, with sidestand up or down.
bike in gear and clutch out the bike should not start, with sidestand up or down.

Unless as his sidestand switch has been bypassed as proven by pulling away with it down his clutch switch has also been bypassed....

simple test is will it start with lever out...

GraemeC123 20-09-18 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3092306)

So it would be a fair shout to replace the sidestand switch seeing as though it doesn't operate as above? Where can I get a new one online? I had a quick Google and all that seems to be coming up is 2nd hand ones from eBay or breakers

Cheers