SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

Littlepeahead 30-01-16 11:25 AM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 3036489)
Agreed that its pathetic, but the person at the end of the phone is working in a call centre, and won't have any power to fix a glitch in the system, thats an IT/programming issue.

Thats the problem of having online stuff, if the system isn't set up in the first place to deal with change of ownership and SORN it'll fall over. If they impound my vehicle, id take them to court, although id make sure i had evidence of this issue.

A friend recently made a costly mistake. She let DVLA know about her change of address for her driving licence and assumed this would also change her V5. A few months later she comes back to get car to find a ticket and clamp even though it was legally parked, but it says ticket is for unpaid fines. Then along comes a tow truck and she has to pay £700 on the spot or they'll tow the car with more fines.

The reason was that she'd driven into the congestion charge a few weeks before, hasn't realised so hadn't paid the charge. She got fined and this was sent to her old address along with subsequent follow ups demanding payment and telling her if she didn't pay her car would be impounded.

Legally it was entirely her fault as she hadn't changed her V5. So she had to pay up.

maviczap 30-01-16 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepeahead (Post 3036498)
A friend recently made a costly mistake. She let DVLA know about her change of address for her driving licence and assumed this would also change her V5. A few months later she comes back to get car to find a ticket and clamp even though it was legally parked, but it says ticket is for unpaid fines. Then along comes a tow truck and she has to pay £700 on the spot or they'll tow the car with more fines.

The reason was that she'd driven into the congestion charge a few weeks before, hasn't realised so hadn't paid the charge. She got fined and this was sent to her old address along with subsequent follow ups demanding payment and telling her if she didn't pay her car would be impounded.

Legally it was entirely her fault as she hadn't changed her V5. So she had to pay up.

An expensive mistake! But again if you could prove you'd told DVLA then you'd stand a good chance in court in defending yourself. But we all assume that once we've done it then the DVLA will amend your V5.

But the emphasis is on proving you'd told the DVLA, which no one records their phone calls when they contact them. If it was by post, then photocopy the application & have it sent recorded delivery.

Bit more tricky when doing it online or at the post office.

Littlepeahead 30-01-16 02:38 PM

That's the thing, she changed her licence, not her V5. One doesn't automatically change the other.

Bluepete 30-01-16 02:59 PM

To the person who crashed into my car in the car park and left.

You're an absolute scumbag, flippin' chav, hand shandy merchant, that hopefully will die a painful, lingering death at the hands of syphilitic, gangrenous, baseball bat wielding sadists.

I sincerely hope your reproductive organs are chewed off by a rabies ridden hound who then defectaes the results into your screaming mouth.

Pete.

littleoldman2 30-01-16 03:36 PM

Sorry about the car.

Brill RANT

maviczap 30-01-16 04:00 PM

Yep sorry to hear about your car Pete, happened to me too.

Great rant

Littlepeahead 30-01-16 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 3036519)
Yep sorry to hear about your car Pete, happened to me too.

Great rant

The car or the painful lingering death?

maviczap 30-01-16 04:34 PM

Painful lingering death

andrewsmith 30-01-16 08:49 PM

Perfect rant! If it was the company car it would have blended in with the rest

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

garynortheast 31-01-16 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 3036496)
Lost £50 in cash on Wed, got the money out of the cash machine, went into the shop, bought some sweets, but paid on my card.

Got my wallet out on Thursday to pay for a meal, no cash in my wallet. Don't think I left it in the cashpoint, as it would show on my statement.

So must have dropped it somewhere? Which is odd, as I usually stuff my money straight into my wallet when I go to the cash point :(

Hold on a minute!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddyjob (Post 3036509)
Walking down the road & finding £50, happy days!