SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Pennine Massive (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Pennine Massive Chat thread. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=185558)

BoltonSte 12-03-13 10:12 AM

Re: Pennine Massive Chat thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluefish (Post 2844174)
Lucky, he's the unluckiest fellow ever, Hi ste lol

You're not far off with that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by timwilky (Post 2844228)
Ste, not fun. I once had to visit A&E with a foreign body in an eye.

Consultant had a load of trainees, so everyone had to have a look, which prolonged the agony. Even worse he stormed out 30 seconds after me getting into the room when he discovered triage had put anesthetic drops in. He said they should put nothing in until he knows what the problem is, and then agreed with my own diagnosis saying "there is something in there what do you want me to do with it?". Err take it out please.

Horrid experience you head resting on a frame, sore eye wide open seeing a needle coming towards it. Trying not to shut the eye.

Triage just asked me the usual questions...it's probably a fly or something...no it's been stuck there since yesterday! Ah OK, well we'll get it sorted.

Thankfully, it wasn't that bad, Doc goes...have you seen it, yes it's that black chunck around 5 o'clock on my iris. Oh yes, here's some drops to numb it...fook me they sting...don't worry, it'll go numb.

Then out comes the big cotton swab on a stick, drops haven't worked very well and he's poking about that much the vision from that eye keeps distorting, so figured I'd just grin and bear it whilst my other eye is crying in sympathy.

But all appears good today.

markc123 14-03-13 09:44 PM

Pennine Massive Chat thread.

Probably not a good sign when the talk turns to make up accidents.

Please arrive soon Spring!

In other news I now have a house avec drive and garage in Masham, so there needs to be a ride out which finishes with a BBQ and beer up here soon :).

theboatman 15-03-13 08:28 AM

Re: Re: Pennine Massive Chat thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by markc123 (Post 2845425)
Probably not a good sign when the talk turns to make up accidents.

Please arrive soon Spring!

In other news I now have a house avec drive and garage in Masham, so there needs to be a ride out which finishes with a BBQ and beer up here soon :).

I will not be attending, I feel that we might all be taken away with blues and twos after last time!

theboatman 15-03-13 08:29 AM

Re: Re: Pennine Massive Chat thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoltonSte (Post 2843969)
Arrrrrrrr! had a fun 3 hours at A&E this morning after getting something coming up under my chin bar on the M6 yesterday. Just thought it was a fly or something but was still there this morning.

They had a poke about with a stick and got a chunk of grit or something off my eyeball.

Got to look like a pirate for the last 3 hours until the anestetic drops wore off.

Have you manned up yet?

BoltonSte 15-03-13 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theboatman (Post 2845536)
Have you manned up yet?

Wondered how long it'd take you to join in...

Aren't you supposed to be doing a track day this month?

speedyctr 15-03-13 12:11 PM

I would love to see Si on a trackday against some more GSXR1000's etc ;-) 20min sesh for me at Oulton on Wednesday :riding:

I hope your eye is better Ste.

theboatman 15-03-13 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedyctr (Post 2845608)
I would love to see Si on a trackday against some more GSXR1000's etc ;-)

We its not going to happen, I have square tyres, the bikes mis-firing, its too cold, its too wet, I feel intimidated by GSXR1000 riders.....

Wait, sod it, whens your track day? Any spaces and how much :) I hope they let me on with square tyres.....

yorkie_chris 15-03-13 05:54 PM

Chain dragging along the ground as usual too?

speedyctr 15-03-13 05:55 PM

Pennine Massive Chat thread.

Wed 20th March at Oulton Park. I am only doing 20mins at 4:30 for £20. Novices only. Don't know but there is probably space available. Get fettling!

andrewsmith 15-03-13 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theboatman (Post 2845704)
We its not going to happen, I have square tyres, the bikes mis-firing, its too cold, its too wet, I feel intimidated by GSXR1000 riders.....

Wait, sod it, whens your track day? Any spaces and how much :) I hope they let me on with square tyres.....

you going on the Kymco then?