SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   The Border Patrol (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   MM2 random thingummybob thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=130985)

Luckypants 08-05-09 12:17 PM

Re: MM2 random thingummybob thread

Textiles, it's gonna be rough when I set out. BUT if I look out the window and it's fine, leathers.

Ed 08-05-09 12:56 PM

Forecast is sun and showers, but if you play the cloud movement thingy on the bottom of the BBC weather page, we will escape the wet stuff.

I don't think there's anything to worry about!!! Anyway the route is a lot tamer than Barmouth - no mountain tops - but it could be a bit windy on the A44, it's fairly exposed.

For those that don't know, there is a double hairpin on the A44, just before the turn for the A487 to Builth Wells. Extreme caution needed!!!!! Last time I went round it I saw an off. The A44 is very very twisty, but fast - apart from the hairpins. The other roads are not quite so twisty, but a joy to ride nonetheless.

We are meeting at Shrewsbury Services - junction of A5 and A49 on the SOUTH side of S'bury - on the Barmouth trip some thought I meant the north side of town and we missed them. Come into the services, turn into the Esso fuel station, and across the forecourt is a large parking area - we meet there, OK?

See you all tomorrow!!!!!

Lissa 08-05-09 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lily (Post 1898968)

I'm pooing myself about the wedding..... what happens if it starts to look like it will rain! ;)

You'll be un-married! :p

xXBADGERXx 08-05-09 05:11 PM

Pfffffff!!!!! Get married in textiles

Ed 08-05-09 05:37 PM

Still bright and sunny here in Shrewsbury:D

Not had a drop of rain all day:D

genesismike 08-05-09 07:59 PM

enjoy the ride guys and girls, wish i could make it, have fun and wish you all a safe ride

Ed 08-05-09 08:53 PM

Spoke to Drew earlier this evening. TLW, who was stopping with him, had an off:( - he's OK, maybe busted finger and a cut or two, but deffo walking wounded, thankfully. I spoke to Mark - he was in very good spirits seeing his P&J had hit the kerb and cartwheeled into a ditch. He was about to go to A&E. Not quite sure what happened, no doubt Mark will be on tomorrow to post up. I was so looking forward to meeting him too:(

Heal up soon, Mark!!

Luckypants 08-05-09 09:20 PM

Holy crap batman! At least the boy is OK. Oh that lovely new Trumpet! Best wishes Mark.

xXBADGERXx 08-05-09 10:38 PM

Jesus Wolf , hope everything is ok , that isn`t good .

Speedy Claire 08-05-09 11:20 PM

OMG that`s a shock!!!! thank god he`s ok and if you speak to him again please pass on my best wishes