SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Medical advice please... (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=135011)

DaveW_42 03-07-09 04:38 PM

Re: Medical advice please...

sounds obvious, but it used to happen to me all the time when swimming when I was a kid.
Jump onto a bed landing sideways (obviously not from too high - dont damage anything else!) with your 'full' ear pointing downwards and it should just drain straight out!

kellyjo 03-07-09 05:20 PM

This is fascinating stuff! Not sure i can offer any useful suggestions, swinging between skyscrapers hanging on a thread of spidey silk maybe.... i cant wait to find out what finally works, keep us posted x

shonadoll 03-07-09 05:36 PM

Cover your nose with two fingers, then *blow*your nose gently. This should help, it worked for me.

dirtydog 03-07-09 09:18 PM

Spidey pop round here and I'll get my wet vac on it, that should sort it

TheNinj1 03-07-09 11:09 PM

Ultrasound it, or using resonant (higher) frequencies, you can break up the water/blockage.

Spiderman 04-07-09 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveWalker (Post 1961582)
Jump onto a bed landing sideways

Not tried it but worth a shot i guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellyjo (Post 1961614)
This is fascinating stuff! Not sure i can offer any useful suggestions, swinging between skyscrapers hanging on a thread of spidey silk maybe.... i cant wait to find out what finally works, keep us posted x

Haha... all the best Spidey swinging in the world was tried first of course

Keeping you posted...i've taken Messie's advice. She told me at Soho tonight so its not on here but i'm currently sitting here with an ear full of olive oil, head tilted to one side as i type. My strange life experiences count just went up by one. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shonadoll (Post 1961623)
Cover your nose with two fingers, then *blow*your nose gently. This should help, it worked for me.

First technique of choice tbh but sadly not a hope of enought pressue as it feels really in there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtydog (Post 1961830)
Spidey pop round here and I'll get my wet vac on it, that should sort it

PMSL DD, i was thinking of getting the Henry out and and letting him give me a good sucking. Ooo er n all that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNinj1 (Post 1961996)
Ultrasound it, or using resonant (higher) frequencies, you can break up the water/blockage.

Hmmm, wonder who i know who works with such gear. I'm sure my sciency type frind Mr A*Hero could get his hands on something.
Slightly worried i might dislodge a brain cell and i think the other one would be lonely if that happened. :help:

Keep em comming guys, nothing worked so far and its getting to the point where i'm thinking of cutting my head off so i can poke my ear from the inside. Sticking my head back on might be the downside of that little idea tho :(

Von Teese 04-07-09 12:27 AM

Seen this post very late
Try not to put anything into your ear, it sounds like you have a perforated eardrum as you are unable to regulate the airspace in your ear and the water has possibly gone into the inner ear.

Doctor! Doctor! Doctor! is all I can say, if it's really making you that stressed you could try local A&E but remember its Friday (fight night) and it will be heaving.
Do not try putting anything else in until he has used the auroscope and determine whether the eardrum is intact, you may exacerbate the problem.

Hope you are better soon x, its really unpleasant but try to bear with it until you know for sure.

metalmonkey 04-07-09 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman (Post 1962047)

Hmmm, wonder who i know who works with such gear. I'm sure my sciency type frind Mr A*Hero could get his hands on something.
Slightly worried i might dislodge a brain cell and i think the other one would be lonely if that happened. :help:

You have more than one, no way;)

Keep em comming guys, nothing worked so far and its getting to the point where i'm thinking of cutting my head off so i can poke my ear from the inside. Sticking my head back on might be the downside of that little idea tho :(

Hope ya get some sleep and feel better in the am dude:cool:

Spiderman 04-07-09 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Teese (Post 1962050)
... it sounds like you have a perforated eardrum ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman further up there ^ somewhere
Both my eardrums are perforated from years of raving but they work fine so not too fussed but this one deaf ear scenario is driving me nuts.

Do try and keep up Miss Moneypenny ;)

Kilted Ginger 04-07-09 12:59 AM

lie on floor, get large friend to attach kitchen sink plunger over the offending ear and have at it ;)

Sorry mate, go to sleep on that side and hope for the best, see the doc on monday.