SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Track Days (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Who wants to do a cheap track day with me??? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=159187)

N8te rider 02-11-10 02:01 PM

Re: Who wants to do a cheap track day with me???

23 crashed though on that day. Thinks its less when its dry, but not sure. My mate totally destroyed his bike. Think he said he put just a little extra power coming out of a corner and bam! Eat grass.

L3nny 02-11-10 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N8te rider (Post 2411728)
23 crashed though on that day. Thinks its less when its dry, but not sure. My mate totally destroyed his bike. Think he said he put just a little extra power coming out of a corner and bam! Eat grass.

Thanks, that's really re-assuring :smt120

I hate riding in the rain and have only done it a couple of times. Scares the crap out of me. Suppose it's a good way to learn but would rather it was sunny.

metalhead19 02-11-10 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L3nny (Post 2411730)
Thanks, that's really re-assuring :smt120

Haha exactly what i was thinking.
Have done a fair bit of wet riding, but never on track.

chris8886 02-11-10 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N8te rider (Post 2411598)
Oh mate. Sorry to hear. Hope you're ok?

i'm fine, just very pi55ed off, i don't think i've been the most pleasant person to work with today :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalhead19 (Post 2411707)
I have only done one day and was brilliant sun shine. Reckon a wet day would do me good. Am definitely considering that silverstone day. Although probably not the best track for an SV

don't worry about that, i did silverstone as my 2nd TD when i was still restricted to 33bhp. it was my favourite track then and it still is and i've done most of the tracks i did as 33bhp on full power as well. it's so satisfying when you overtake someone at stowe on the brakes or in the corner itself when they blasted past you not long after the exit of chapel. it's also where i got my knee down for the 1st time and is by far the best surfaced track that i've ridden on.

in other words go for it! you'll love it.

TazDaz 02-11-10 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalhead19 (Post 2411707)
I have only done one day and was brilliant sun shine. Reckon a wet day would do me good. Am definitely considering that silverstone day. Although probably not the best track for an SV

It copes, you just have to accept that people will get you on the straights. In novice at Silverstone I was far from being the slowest in the group.

TazDaz 02-11-10 04:47 PM

As for doing a TD in the wet, don't forget on track you don't have the constant white lines, drain covers dotted around which helps. Silverstone is very wide so if you do need to sit up it's not the end of the world.

Here was a soaking day last March, when the tarmac was brand new and not confidence inspiring. I'm a bit quicker since then! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXwGfJLZDpc

N8te rider 02-11-10 04:59 PM

Oh dear. Girlfriend getting a bit peed off with all my recent track days. Flowers?

metalhead19 02-11-10 05:14 PM

I did combe on 33bhp n that was so frustrating, faster in the corners and on brakes but no power to get out of the corners! haha think il just put the real ecu if i do silverstone.

I have done the old silverstone circuit in a car and loved it, i like the width of the track, inspires confidence if u make a hash of it.

metalhead19 02-11-10 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N8te rider (Post 2411849)
Oh dear. Girlfriend getting a bit peed off with all my recent track days. Flowers?

Book a track day for her, but she may fight for your R6 afterwards ;)

jambo 02-11-10 05:30 PM

Did Brands Hatch yesterday and had a really good day. Started off a little greasy but soon dried up and started putting in some nice neat laps :)

Wet track days can be great fun, I've enjoyed plenty of them no end. One thing I tend to see is people riding carfully. By late morning in mid-summer on a dry day you can see people starting to ride in blind faith that they have unlimited grip. In the wet people tend to be more conservative, which is good :)

Jambo