SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2008 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   The Ar08 - Its Here !!!!!!!! (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=105170)

fizzwheel 23-02-08 09:00 AM

Re: The Ar08 - Its Here !!!!!!!!

dates added to first post.

Stig 23-02-08 09:10 AM

I WILL be attending. I will be bringing a 4 man tent but there is no option bigger than a two man. Does that mean x 2 2 man tent :?:

Oh also, I'll probably be camping Friday, Sat & Sun night (possibly)

Mark, if you can ride see you down there, if you can't ride but will be attending, you already have transport.

For all the TV and Soho guys, arrangements will be made in advance to pick up all your camping gear and transport it down if you so wish. Further details to follow.

Bear 23-02-08 09:24 AM

I'll be there. I may be misunderstanding this, but by 2 man tent does it mean the size of the tent or the amount of people in it? Coz I use a three man tent just for me, my wang and my ego to share...

Viper 23-02-08 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear (Post 1427007)
I'll be there. I may be misunderstanding this, but by 2 man tent does it mean the size of the tent or the amount of people in it? Coz I use a three man tent just for me, my wang and my ego to share...

The costs ie ?7.00 for a one man tent assumes only one person will be in the tent and ?10.00 for a two man tent assumes 2 persons.
I am going to call the site in a moment (after 11 their office housrs) to clarify larger tents and camper van costs and i will add them to the poll and the first post.
HTH. :cool:

phil24_7 23-02-08 10:41 AM

Me and the wife (g/f) will be there, Friday and Saturday.

plowsie 23-02-08 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper (Post 1427012)
The costs ie ?7.00 for a one man tent assumes only one person will be in the tent and ?10.00 for a two man tent assumes 2 persons.
I am going to call the site in a moment (after 11 their office housrs) to clarify larger tents and camper van costs and i will add them to the poll and the first post.
HTH. :cool:

:smt103

oops

:oops:

Gordon B 23-02-08 11:17 AM

Is the rideout route the same as before?

Any chance of a google map type thingie of exactly where we will be going?

Also, maybe a daft question, but have you told the pub to expect a large group of hungry and thirsty bikers that weekend?

G

SoulKiss 23-02-08 11:23 AM

I seem to remember a Marquee/Big Army tent being mentioned at some point in discussion.

Is this still an option?

Would be good to have a bit of a better version of "Shelter City" on site.

fizzwheel 23-02-08 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamaxx (Post 1427081)
Is the rideout route the same as before?

Any chance of a google map type thingie of exactly where we will be going?

Yes the rideout route is the same as before. I havent published details as TBH I have a small part of it that needs refining, and also with the campsite changing I need to work out a route back to the campsite / end point that works a little better than it does now.

I dont want to publish it till its finished otherwise it may lead to confusion if or when I have to change things.

Nobody needs to worry nobody is going to get lost or left behind, The route will be marked by a marker team than will know the route etc etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamaxx (Post 1427081)
Also, maybe a daft question, but have you told the pub to expect a large group of hungry and thirsty bikers that weekend?

G

The campsite is in the grounds of the pub, Viper has spoken to the landlord and they are expecting us so I dont see any problems there.

fizzwheel 23-02-08 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulKiss (Post 1427088)
I seem to remember a Marquee/Big Army tent being mentioned at some point in discussion.

Is this still an option?

Would be good to have a bit of a better version of "Shelter City" on site.

IMHO The Marque is out, they are expensive to hire, and it'll mean us trying to cover our costs again, and that just makes life more complicated.

As for the Army tents, I'm not sure if we can get them.

Personally I think we should keep things simple, the site has everything we need, if it rains we can go in the pub. If peeps wanna bring their own gazeebo or stuff they bought from last year then I reckon we should just go with that, we can all muck in together rather than trying to pre organise stuff.