SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   The Border Patrol (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   WhiteWater Rafting Trip (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=103493)

Drew Carey 05-04-08 09:39 AM

Re: WhiteWater Rafting Trip

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissa (Post 1466990)
If it's going to be an early, early start, Quatt won't be open. If that's the case, we'll make it the petrol station at Shrewsbury, as we know you can get a coffee and have a pee (without needing to do it out in the open, Drew!)Would that work for you?

:D When you gotta go you gotta go!!!!!!

Sounds good to me, we go past Quatt to get to Shrews anyhow.

Luckypants 05-04-08 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissa (Post 1466920)
So what time is the rafting starting? I want to know just how early i'm going to have to get up on the Sunday morning:D

Hmmm I got the times mixed up earlier. Rafting starts at 13:30, made it an afternoon slot to let folks get there in reasonable time. It will be all finished by 16:00. I suggest we all need to be there by 13:00.

So my plan of a short rideout after the rafting is shot in the foot, but can organise a short ride prior to rafting if folks fancy it. The ride from the rafting center to my house is a fun 30-45 minutes if folks still want to do the BBQ.

Speedy Claire 05-04-08 11:28 AM

The ride prior and the BBQ after still sounds good :D

Lissa 05-04-08 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckypants (Post 1467057)
Hmmm I got the times mixed up earlier. Rafting starts at 13:30, made it an afternoon slot to let folks get there in reasonable time. It will be all finished by 16:00. I suggest we all need to be there by 13:00.

So my plan of a short rideout after the rafting is shot in the foot, but can organise a short ride prior to rafting if folks fancy it. The ride from the rafting center to my house is a fun 30-45 minutes if folks still want to do the BBQ.

Well, that may mean we'll have to give the BBQ a miss:(, but it puts Quatt back as the meet point:D

Here's an idea, Mike.............why not come across to Quatt for brekkie, and then you can do that nice road over the moors with us;)

We would get to Quatt for 9.30 to leave no later than 11.

Luckypants 05-04-08 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissa (Post 1467078)
Well, that may mean we'll have to give the BBQ a miss:(, but it puts Quatt back as the meet point:D

Here's an idea, Mike.............why not come across to Quatt for brekkie, and then you can do that nice road over the moors with us;)

We would get to Quatt for 9.30 to leave no later than 11.

shame about BBQ, see how you are fixed for time though. I'm very easy going about such things.

Might see what other folks are doing before saying defo come down to Quattford, may have others needing a guide to get to the center....

Bluepete 05-04-08 02:57 PM

BBQ after is a good idea. I do a mean Jerk Chicken kebab!

Luckypants 11-04-08 01:28 PM

Given that the rafting finishes at 4-4.30, who would be up for the BBQ?

Drew Carey 11-04-08 01:41 PM

I would love to have a BBQ, but unfortunatley, due to the time and it being a sunday an all, we will need to head back so we get home at a decent hour. But thanks for the offer Mike.

Speedy Claire 11-04-08 02:12 PM

me :smt041

Luckypants 17-04-08 11:12 AM

Thanks to everyone for paying for the trip promptly.

Just need to get an idea of how many for the BBQ. My son and daughter (our raft guide) likely to be there plus some random boaters / friends. I would like to extend the invite to the BBQ to all Border Patrollers.

Names in usual fashion (i.e copy and paste the list and then add yourself)
  1. Luckypants
  2. BluePete
  3. Speedy Claire

Luckypants 24-04-08 09:56 AM

GAH!! Just heard from the rafting place that the trip is cancelled due to no water being released from the dam. :( :( :( :(

Drew - do not have a phone number for you will PM you with my number for a chat.

Luckypants 24-04-08 10:12 AM

I have spoken to everyone now. Saturday was an option, but Melody and BluePete cannot make that due to prior commitments. We have two choices:-
  1. Re-schedule for another date when everyone can make it.
  2. Get a full refund.
Thoughts everyone please.

Speedy Claire 24-04-08 10:40 AM

I`d still like to do this but will go with whatever the majority want to do :D

Drew Carey 24-04-08 10:57 AM

I'm deffo still up for this. Happy to arrange for anytime over the Summer other than NW3.5, AR and the Marches Meander. lol.......still looking forward to it.

Bluepete 24-04-08 12:06 PM

New date for me too please Uncle Fes.. Mike!

petevtwin650 24-04-08 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy Claire (Post 1488899)
I`d still like to do this but will go with whatever the majority want to do :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Carey (Post 1488917)
I'm deffo still up for this. Happy to arrange for anytime over the Summer other than NW3.5, AR and the Marches Meander. lol.......still looking forward to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluePete (Post 1489030)
New date for me too please Uncle Fes.. Mike!

And us too.:smt045

petevtwin650 30-04-08 09:12 AM

So Mike, any thoughts about a new date?

My two pennyworth.

I think we should leave it now until the end of the biking season as peeps will have lots on their agenda already plus with school holidays too.

Do you reckon you could blend it in wth NW4? Could get more people signing up for it too.

Or aim for a Saturday date and more of us could do your BBQ.

Ready to be roasted Pete. \\:D/

Drew Carey 30-04-08 09:20 AM

Saturday will be good.......will mean a good send off to the season is near the end too. Started the season with the BP and end with the BP. lol

Luckypants 30-04-08 09:27 AM

Well folks I have no preferences right now, so discuss amongst yourselves. We probably need a decision soon, just so we can book it.

petevtwin650 02-05-08 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petevtwin650 (Post 1494915)
So Mike, any thoughts about a new date?

My two pennyworth.

I think we should leave it now until the end of the biking season as peeps will have lots on their agenda already plus with school holidays too.

Do you reckon you could blend it in wth NW4? Could get more people signing up for it too.

Or aim for a Saturday date and more of us could do your BBQ.

Ready to be roasted Pete. \\:D/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Carey (Post 1494923)
Saturday will be good.......will mean a good send off to the season is near the end too. Started the season with the BP and end with the BP. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckypants (Post 1494933)
Well folks I have no preferences right now, so discuss amongst yourselves. We probably need a decision soon, just so we can book it.

Where are the others?

Speedy Claire 02-05-08 04:34 PM

Oops sorry.. i`ll just go along with what the majority want and will keep my fingers crossed i`m not working that weekend.

stewie 03-05-08 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy Claire (Post 1497668)
Oops sorry.. i`ll just go along with what the majority want and will keep my fingers crossed i`m not working that weekend.

+1 What Claire said really

Luckypants 09-05-08 11:00 AM

Still no real definite replies to my request for alternative dates.

Should I just make an executive decision and pick a date at random? Those affected are

Luckypants
Lissa
Speedy
BluePete
Drew Cary
Melody

Speedy Claire 09-05-08 11:37 AM

ok... personally I could do weekends of:-

July 19/20th
Aug 16/17th
Aug 23/24th
Sept 6/7th tho 7th is my birthday
Sept 13/14
Sept 27/28

Would we want to leave it any later than late September?

Bluepete 09-05-08 11:43 AM

In all honesty, the only times I can't do are the last rtwoo weekends in July and the first one in August. Apart from that, if I'm back on full duties (still not yet, poo!) I'll just book the time off if needed.

Pete

petevtwin650 09-05-08 11:50 AM

I think we are gonna be away for the first two weekends in September. but the 27/28 would be fine.

When's NW4 penciled in for though?

lily 09-05-08 11:55 AM

Me and drew are away the end of september so can't do 20/21 and 27/28 other than that i think we can do most weekends! :D

Speedy Claire 09-05-08 12:07 PM

So does that narrow it down so far to just the weekends of Aug 16/17th or Aug 23/24th?

what date is SV Ecosse rideout??

lily 09-05-08 12:09 PM

16/17 is the SV Ecosse

Speedy Claire 09-05-08 12:10 PM

Ok think thats 16 August so what about weekend of Aug 23/24th?? or if anyone wants to suggest a weekend that i`m working I can always try and get a swap.

Luckypants 09-05-08 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petevtwin650 (Post 1503833)
I think we are gonna be away for the first two weekends in September. but the 27/28 would be fine.

When's NW4 penciled in for though?

27/28th September! :smt046

Luckypants 09-05-08 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy Claire (Post 1503861)
Ok think thats 16 August so what about weekend of Aug 23/24th?? or if anyone wants to suggest a weekend that i`m working I can always try and get a swap.

Aug 23/24 is a bank holiday weekend, so we could go on the 25th to. With a choice of three dates and this far in advance, we would be pretty much guaranteed a slot.

So any other suggestions for the date before I go and book it? You have the weekend to respond :flower:

Speedy Claire 09-05-08 12:24 PM

Is fine with me hun :D

jimmy-james 09-05-08 12:36 PM

Did it last summer and its great fun. The run seems like it should be really long on paper but in practice it only seems to last a couple of minutes so plan for as many runs as you can get. I guarantee you will love it!

Drew Carey 09-05-08 12:50 PM

That weekend sounds good to me too.....don't think we have anything else on. Just after my bday too.

melody 09-05-08 01:55 PM

I can't do September and unsure yet about August 23/24.

But don't let that stop y'all.

Lissa 09-05-08 04:12 PM

August Bank Holiday weekend suits us fine. If we could do either the Saturday or the Sunday we could stay for the BBQ too, if you were still planning to hold one:D

Luckypants 08-07-08 10:20 AM

OK Folks - finally managed to get this re-booked. I have booked the 11 o'clock slot on Sunday 24th August.

I will plan a BBQ on Sunday evening, all welcome. All welcome to stay on Saturday or Sunday nights.

Speedy Claire 08-07-08 11:15 AM

Brilliant........ looking forward to it already :smt026

petevtwin650 08-07-08 11:56 AM

Sorry Mike, after all your efforts we can't do this date. It's really too close to the Ecosse trip especially as we're staying up the extra day.:(

I know, we're wimps! :smt089:cool: