SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Soho Massive (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   The Crashy McGee Hall of Shame (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=120984)

Devil Biccy 07-06-12 09:13 AM

Re: The Crashy McGee Hall of Shame

not the best way to welcome you to the org however most of us have been there at some point in our riding career. there are always spare parts on the forum which are much cheaper than other parts sellers on the web

agy 07-06-12 09:40 AM

Wish I had known. I only just discovered this forum. Ordered parts on ebay.

Mike_84_650S'99 15-07-12 06:17 AM

Well seems like I can join the hall of shame myself.
Last night about 6pm going north on Green Lanes at the junction with Lordship Park. Went past stationary bus, got back on ahead and left turn lane, green light so I carried on.

And then I T-boned a Ford Focus with rather not-focused driver turning righ from southbound Green Lanes.

Outcome:
-stressed girlfriend
-a night at Whitechapel Hospital
-SV1000 is no more
-summer jacket cut open alond with my fav jumper
-few lumps and bruises but nothing major

I haven't seen the bike yet so I can't provide a pic but I've got one of myself in a neck brace, oxygen mask and all that. Would that count? :)

rictus01 15-07-12 06:39 AM

well glad to see you post anyway mate, Daneila's message didn't say how bad it was, need anything , just shout, you have my number.

Cheers Mark.

Mike_84_650S'99 15-07-12 07:10 AM

Cheers Mark.

Apparently the crash was quite nasty. I had about 40 he had like 20 so cummulative about 60 but it wasn't a head-on. I hit his front left side somewhere between lights and passender door. Smashed his windscreen, went over and had a pretty good few-meters long flight ending with crash-landing. The paramedics said I was lucky not to break anything or worse but they did say my gear saved me. Funny enough no scratch on my lid at all.

If you've got nothing better to do you're more than welcome to swing by Danielas place for a cuppa later on.

thinone 15-07-12 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_84_650S'99 (Post 2743686)
Cheers Mark.

Apparently the crash was quite nasty. I had about 40 he had like 20 so cummulative about 60 but it wasn't a head-on. I hit his front left side somewhere between lights and passender door. Smashed his windscreen, went over and had a pretty good few-meters long flight ending with crash-landing. The paramedics said I was lucky not to break anything or worse but they did say my gear saved me. Funny enough no scratch on my lid at all.

If you've got nothing better to do you're more than welcome to swing by Danielas place for a cuppa later on.

GLAD yer not so bad off, i'll be adding Ford Focus to my list of watch out cars.....

pinpoint_uk 15-07-12 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinone (Post 2743703)
GLAD yer not so bad off, i'll be adding Ford Focus to my list of watch out cars.....

Isn't every car on your watch out list?

Rich

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

thinone 15-07-12 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinpoint_uk (Post 2743724)
Isn't every car on your watch out list?

Rich

YOU MIGHT THINK THAT

however some cars are more likeley to do stupid things than others - so:

I'll add ford Fuc-us to the list of cars to add to the more attention list

Runako 15-07-12 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agy (Post 2722665)
Wish I had known. I only just discovered this forum. Ordered parts on ebay.

I'd also recommend a change of the tyres as the standard Dunlops are garbage. Significant improvement and may have prevented the lock up at slower speed (I've been there).

pinpoint_uk 15-07-12 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinone (Post 2743726)
YOU MIGHT THINK THAT

however some cars are more likeley to do stupid things than others - so:

I'll add ford Fuc-us to the list of cars to add to the more attention list

Fair enough. I haven't been riding long so everyone is out to get me, even pedestrians ;)

Rich

Mike_84_650S'99 15-07-12 11:12 AM

Thinone I know what you mean with some car brands attracting idiots more than others.I've noticed Audi's tend to do that and most boy-racer-dream hot-hatch things. Like Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 Super-mega-turbo-tuning.

I'm home already being looked after by my lovely girlfriend and awaiting arrival of Rictus.

Right, when am I getting my t-shirt???? :):):)

monkey 15-07-12 01:36 PM

Bloody hell Mike that sucks big hairy balls.

Glad you're not worse off and are receiving good home treatment already.

Get well soon.

The Idle Biker 15-07-12 02:05 PM

Hey Mike, bad luck fella, just to say I wish you well and hope you get back on the road again soon.

You can't let those sparking knee sliders go to waste :-)

Mike_84_650S'99 16-07-12 01:54 PM

Cheers Monkey & Idle Biker. I'm in pain but it's not terrible. Will take some time before I walk properly and regain full movement in all my limbs. I might come to Soho this Friday. Sadly not on the bike.

Cazza 16-07-12 11:32 PM

Mike, so sorry to read this crappy news. However, I'm really glad - and amazed - that you're relatively unbroken.

Getting your knee down is cool (as we know) - but getting everything else down too? Not cool. Really hope you feel better soon.

Mike_84_650S'99 19-07-12 04:05 PM

Thanks a lot Cazza. Apparently I've managed to surprise paramedics by not breaking anything (apart from windscreen of Ford Focus) and staying conscious. And they've also told me that I'm lucky to be one of those who wear full kit rather than shorts and t-shirt.

To be quite honest I just wanted to practice new tricks like "How far can a Biker fly?" or "An SV goes through a car like a ghost". With the first one I've managed few meters the second one actually failed. And I also wanted to prove that "Fat Bikers bounce better" and I did:).

Joke aside I'm slowly getting better but still have quite few bruises and aches. But hopefully with time they'll go.

Thanks once again and I might see you tomorrow.

Bouncy Mike

Spiderman 03-11-12 10:04 AM

Ive still got the old t-shirt so i'll be adding my name to that. Again.
Erm, so i errr, fell off a bit a couple of weeks a g. A few of you have heard about it already but im fine and dandy but i need some new forks - anyone??

me, a bit bored...

http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/p...V/IMG_2735.jpg

Devil Biccy 03-11-12 10:07 AM

you can borrow my bike as its sat doing nothing, dude hope your on the mend

Spiderman 03-11-12 10:47 AM

Ah dude, you're a true gentleman but i need to get this one back on the road or it'll rust and rot away.
And the last thing i want it to ding your bike and have that to fix too, eek!!

Biker Biggles 03-11-12 08:52 PM

Oh dear. What happened?

chris8886 04-11-12 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker Biggles (Post 2793476)
Oh dear. What happened?

exactly, you MUPPET!! :p

Professor 07-11-12 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman (Post 2793328)
Ive still got the old t-shirt so i'll be adding my name to that. Again.
Erm, so i errr, fell off a bit a couple of weeks a g. A few of you have heard about it already but im fine and dandy but i need some new forks - anyone??

me, a bit bored...

Sorry to hear of your accident, Zig. :( Get well soon. Dima.

Criggers 25-06-13 10:59 AM

The Crashy McGee Hall of Shame

So is it time to revive this thread with as Dave Preston put it "With an XXXXXXXL bright pink shirt" ?

Professor 25-06-13 05:44 PM

Do we even know where the original shirt is? I haven't been checking the forum that much lately.

chris8886 25-06-13 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor (Post 2880644)
Do we even know where the original shirt is? I haven't been checking the forum that much lately.

absolutely no idea prof! how the hell are you and things?

Professor 26-06-13 07:13 AM

Things are fine with me. Only problem is, as usual, don't have the time to ride my bike for fun. Occasionally ride my bike to work (Gower Street in London) and regularly ride my bike to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage, to check on my mum. That's all the riding I get.

apchara 19-10-13 08:33 PM

Im droppy mcgee

Devil Biccy 19-10-13 09:06 PM

welcome to the club

Professor 20-10-13 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apchara (Post 2912805)
Im droppy mcgee

Hope the damage is minimal.

How did you drop it?