SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   The All New Megathread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=219927)

Craig380 20-05-24 01:12 PM

Re: The All New Megathread

I don't particularly mind being followed or following, to be honest, but as you say, even at my usual 65 - 70ish on open roads I tend to find I'm rarely being overtaken these days.

Seeker 20-05-24 03:11 PM

Some people are leaders some are followers. I'm a follower. My riding friend often suggests a destination and I let him lead. When there's nothing in front he drives at, or close to, the speed limit but if we catch up with a vehicle doing, say, 59 mph in a 60 limit it MUST be overtaken.

I prefer it when he rides his BSA Goldstar 650 it's a little more relaxing (for me) today he rolled up on his MT07 and he's refitted his Akropovic exhaust which meant the scenery was a blur. I think I saw Mablethorpe but I blinked so I cannot guarantee it. I remember Spilsby but only because we stopped.

admin 20-05-24 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeker (Post 3143786)
Some people are leaders some are followers. I'm a follower. My riding friend often suggests a destination and I let him lead. When there's nothing in front he drives at, or close to, the speed limit but if we catch up with a vehicle doing, say, 59 mph in a 60 limit it MUST be overtaken.

I prefer it when he rides his BSA Goldstar 650 it's a little more relaxing (for me) today he rolled up on his MT07 and he's refitted his Akropovic exhaust which meant the scenery was a blur. I think I saw Mablethorpe but I blinked so I cannot guarantee it. I remember Spilsby but only because we stopped.

I don't mind doing either. The big difference is who you're riding with. Riding with friends is much easier as you know pretty much that you can judge how they're getting to react. When you're riding solo and come up to a group of riders then that's a whole different game.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

garynortheast 28-05-24 07:57 AM

Morning all. There'll be no riding here this morning as it's grey, wet, and not overly warm :-(

admin 28-05-24 08:38 AM

Same here. We're just back from a 70th party down south. Lots of photos to edit and share with the family.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Sir Trev 28-05-24 06:04 PM

It was mild here but I did get earache from the Autoglass chap about the weather before he started the chip repair on my car's front screen. Seems he's fed up with getting wet. Or cold. Or too hot...

garynortheast 31-05-24 10:45 AM

Morning all, how's everyone today?

Been like parcel central here this morning. Slug nematodes and liquid seaweed delivered for the garden, followed by a new Alpkit inflatable sleeping mat in prep for the two days of hiking and wildcamping in the mountains over my birthday next month, then 25kgs of organic, wholemeal flour for breadmaking and baking.

Jan and I have a trip down to my sister and BiL's smallholding tomorrow for my nephew's 50th birthday. Going to be a big do as I have a huge family, and a lot of them live with spouses and offspring on the holding. We're going to camp overnight in one of the fields. It would have been nice to have gone on the bike as the weather looks pretty good, but we'll be taking the two hounds and loads of food down with us, so we'll need to go in the car.

Just been out looking at my pond in the front garden and the red damselflies are back. I also spotted a newt in there the other day. Last year the blanketweed was trying to take over but I've noticed this year that the ramshorn snails have multiplied in number such that they've cleared a huge amount of the stuff. The pond is looking much better for it to with the other plants now able to grow without being smothered.

How is everyone else's weekend shaping up?

Luckypants 31-05-24 10:48 AM

Where do you get your flour from Gary? I'm looking for more reasonable supplies now I'm bread making again.

maviczap 31-05-24 10:52 AM

Tomorrow clearing blockages from my local river as part of our work for Save the Gipping, you can find us on FB.
Sunday working in the afternoon

garynortheast 31-05-24 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckypants (Post 3143855)
Where do you get your flour from Gary? I'm looking for more reasonable supplies now I'm bread making again.

I get mine direct from Doves Farm Mike. This is what I normally buy https://www.dovesfarm.co.uk/products...wholemeal-25kg