SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

maviczap 21-05-17 05:37 AM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Because of all the things going on in my world I managed to forget my wedding anniversary for the first time in 23 years. I knew it was due, but it's been a busy week, so it crept up and I only knew when my wife wished me happy anniversary this morning.

Time to get off this rollercoaster and have a rest.

Heorot 21-05-17 06:59 PM

I forgot today was my daughters 37th birthday. Fortunately Facebook reminded me in time.

Red ones 22-05-17 06:19 PM

Passive aggressive coworkers.

Trev B 22-05-17 06:30 PM

Massage him gums with your fists

Littlepeahead 22-05-17 08:35 PM

Nicky Hayden dying. So very very sad. He was such a gentleman. Called me ma'am all day, dashed to open the door for me, happily posed for photos. He asked how I'd injured my arm, when I said I'd come off my motorbike on a road he said he didn't like taking any bike on the road, it was just too dangerous with all the cars and other hazards.

http://forums.sv650.org/picture.php?...pictureid=4509

Kenzie 22-05-17 09:05 PM

Sad news. My gripe is a learner rider filtering very fast in slow moving dual carriageway traffic. I signal to move back to lane one and I check my mirror before I move, next thing I know the bike is on me. Let him by and then see the same thing happen again a few cars up. Now I have nothing against filtering but not at that speed.

BanannaMan 22-05-17 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepeahead (Post 3069777)
Nicky Hayden dying. So very very sad. He was such a gentleman. Called me ma'am all day, dashed to open the door for me, happily posed for photos. He asked how I'd injured my arm, when I said I'd come off my motorbike on a road he said he didn't like taking any bike on the road, it was just too dangerous with all the cars and other hazards.

http://forums.sv650.org/picture.php?...pictureid=4509

RIP Nicky Hayden.
I met Nicky and the entire Hayden family back when he raced US Superbike. (I was a reporter at the time)
I remember when he went to WSB, he would still fly in and watch his brothers (Roger Lee and Tommy) race
the final race of the year.
They were a close family and his Mom was always at the track with them.
Very sad that something like this would happen to such a nice family.
They were all so nice and never minded stopping for a picture or an interview.
Nicky was always the most talented, he was a great rider and a great person. So sad.
RIP Nicky.

SV650rules 23-05-17 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzie (Post 3069779)
Sad news. My gripe is a learner rider filtering very fast in slow moving dual carriageway traffic. I signal to move back to lane one and I check my mirror before I move, next thing I know the bike is on me. Let him by and then see the same thing happen again a few cars up. Now I have nothing against filtering but not at that speed.

Yep - some people have no sense of self-preservation, even slow filtering will get you through the queue in a short time, fast filtering will get you to A&E even quicker. Drivers have a habit of changing lanes very quickly if they think another lane is moving even 1mph faster than the one they are in, and will not expect / notice a bike coming down the white line.

timwilky 23-05-17 07:25 AM

So for years I have been complaining about my grade. My boss and immediate director plus UK HR all agree I am incorrectly graded. But a regrade request was turned down as the UK operation was to be closed down. but in fact the whole organisation was taken over and I am still here a few more years later still incorrectly graded as grades were mapped into the new owners scheme

A couple of weeks ago I agreed to take over a new role. Meaning I had to give up all my UK responsibilities. Great my boss and I thought. Now the regrade/promotion can happen.

No. HR now say the new job I have taken on has to be advertised and I must apply for it. The line management all say it is mine. But I have been back stabbed more than once over the years. Having given over all I was previously doing. If I do not get the job. I have no job!

There used to be a system where promotion was automatic merit based. I have been on the top increment of my current grade for the past 6 years. Now you have to be promoted into a defined role. The role cannot be created for you. Grrhh HR trying to stop jobs for the boys etc.

maviczap 23-05-17 10:48 AM

Floor tiles, next time I'll pay the fitters to remove them, although I can't see it being done again in my life time.

Stuck down with Lucifer's tile adhesive, and they split, explode and self destruct, rather than lift easily, even with an SDS tile chisel. Blessed is the sound of a hollow as these ones are the nice ones