SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   The All New Megathread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=219927)

littleoldman2 18-12-18 07:45 PM

Re: The All new Reeder Megathread

Hopefully it's good news.

Bibio 19-12-18 04:50 PM

finally got the social work to come round to my way of thinking... :-)

Bibio 20-12-18 06:04 PM

i was bored so decided to see where the Polish went on holiday and it looks like their biggest destination is their own seaside. this got me looking and FEKINHELL their beach is mahooooosssssiiiivvv. its the length of the whole polish coastline. thats like saying from Kilnsea near Grimsby to Berwick Upon Tweed :smt107

maviczap 20-12-18 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3096858)
i was bored so decided to see where the Polish went on holiday and it looks like their biggest destination is their own seaside. this got me looking and FEKINHELL their beach is mahooooosssssiiiivvv. its the length of the whole polish coastline. thats like saying from Kilnsea near Grimsby to Berwick Upon Tweed :smt107

I was there last year, well part of it. Twas empty, as it was out of season.

Where I went was a very sensitive area, as across the river was Russia & in winter it freezes over, so lots of technology on both sides to monitor what's going on

andrewsmith 20-12-18 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3096815)
finally got the social work to come round to my way of thinking... :-)

Bucket of water and live mains?

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Bibio 20-12-18 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeker (Post 3096816)
...he's dead, isn't he?

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewsmith (Post 3096865)
Bucket of water and live mains?

put it this way i dont think they are smart enough to realise what i done :smt081 it involved a lot of extra paperwork for them.

littleoldman2 21-12-18 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 3096864)
I was there last year, well part of it. Twas empty, as it was out of season.

Where I went was a very sensitive area, as across the river was Russia & in winter it freezes over, so lots of technology on both sides to monitor what's going on

Winter eh, bet it was Baltic 😀

maviczap 21-12-18 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleoldman2 (Post 3096873)
Winter eh, bet it was Baltic 😀

Yep, quite spooky when you can see Russia from the beach

andrewsmith 21-12-18 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3096871)
put it this way i dont think they are smart enough to realise what i done :smt081 it involved a lot of extra paperwork for them.

So 100k of money for you

Bibio 21-12-18 12:37 PM

i have 10 days respite to take before February...i'm taking 5 for getting the heating done but what to do with the other 5?

i'm at odds what to do for 5 days.

gives some suggestions that dont involve leaving the country or spending vast amounts of money.

maviczap 21-12-18 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3096899)
i have 10 days respite to take before February...i'm taking 5 for getting the heating done but what to do with the other 5?

i'm at odds what to do for 5 days.

gives some suggestions that dont involve leaving the country or spending vast amounts of money.

Go camping ;)

Bibio 21-12-18 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 3096904)
Go camping ;)

ermm naw its too cauld and the grass is soakin

littleoldman2 21-12-18 04:23 PM

You could visit a few orgers !.

Sir Trev 21-12-18 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleoldman2 (Post 3096913)
You could visit a few orgers !.

Bib's Midweek Bimbles.

Bibio 21-12-18 06:03 PM

i could go visiting.. that would depend on the weather.. i dont want to be stuck in the house.

or could go out in Edin for some SDRR...

brewery tours....

garynortheast 23-12-18 07:27 PM

Evening all.
Christmas shopping day tomorrow. It will all be done in one independent book shop in Oswestry. Fortunately, the bookshop also has a very nice café attached, where I can fortify myself against the gruelling rigours of the activity with tea and cake.

maviczap 23-12-18 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3096986)
Evening all.
Christmas shopping day tomorrow. It will all be done in one independent book shop in Oswestry. Fortunately, the bookshop also has a very nice café attached, where I can fortify myself against the gruelling rigours of the activity with tea and cake.

\\:D/ :winner:

Sir Trev 23-12-18 08:00 PM

Christmas has officially begun - I have opened the tub of Twiglets!

garynortheast 23-12-18 08:51 PM

It hasn't begun yet Trev as I haven't done my Christmas shopping so get the lid back on the Twiglets before you end up on the naughty step!

littleoldman2 23-12-18 09:02 PM

Not Christmas yet so don't get so informal, it's Sir Trev to us plebs

garynortheast 23-12-18 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleoldman2 (Post 3096992)

Ooops! </doffs_cap> </tugs_forelock> </bowsandscrapes> :notworthy:

Bibio 24-12-18 12:15 PM

well its not going to be a Dickens christmas.

garynortheast 24-12-18 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3097013)
well its not going to be a Dickens christmas.

It may well be for an awful lot of less fortunate folk, and not in a snowy, picture postcard sense. :-(

Bibio 24-12-18 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3097023)
It may well be for an awful lot of less fortunate folk, and not in a snowy, picture postcard sense. :-(

agree.. its a joke that in this day and age there are people cold, hungry and sleeping on the streets.. never mind the amount of poverty in the inner city's.

i dont understand how. the public are being taxed left right and centre and we are still in 1.8trill debt with nothing to show for it. put a tin hat on me but there is something fishy going on....

garynortheast 24-12-18 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3097024)
i dont understand how. the public are being taxed left right and centre and we are still in 1.8trill debt with nothing to show for it.

Have a read of the book this Wikipedia article is summarising, then you will.

Sir Trev 24-12-18 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleoldman2 (Post 3096992)

It's near enough to Chrimbo so formality can go right of the window as far as I'm concerned!

littleoldman2 24-12-18 08:17 PM

OK Trev:takeabow::smt029, all right by us plebs;)

Sir Trev 26-12-18 01:22 PM

Disaster - we're nearly out of Pringles!

littleoldman2 26-12-18 01:30 PM

Oh no, whatever will you do?.

Bibio 26-12-18 01:50 PM

all cleaned up from yesterday and a big pot of turkey soup on the go using the carcass.. tonight's main will be frickasey you guessed it using turkey...

back on the diet as of today as i have put what i lost back on within the past week. yes who ate all the pies... bibs did.

andrewsmith 26-12-18 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3097101)
all cleaned up from yesterday and a big pot of turkey soup on the go using the carcass.. tonight's main will be frickasey you guessed it using turkey...

back on the diet as of today as i have put what i lost back on within the past week. yes who ate all the pies... bibs did.

Get a turkey vindaloo on the go express weight loss and keep fit lol

maviczap 27-12-18 08:31 PM

Feeling comfortably numb after having one of my Belgian beer selection pack. Only 10.5% :-)

Didn't think I'd like it, but I'd sipped it, rather than gulped it down. Not sure if I can do another, as I'd probably fall asleep on the sofa :-)

Sir Trev 27-12-18 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 3097138)
Feeling comfortably numb after having one of my Belgian beer selection pack. Only 10.5% :-)

Didn't think I'd like it, but I'd sipped it, rather than gulped it down. Not sure if I can do another, as I'd probably fall asleep on the sofa :-)

Had a great guided tour once of a brewery in Belgium. The jovial (and slightly rotund) chap showing us around said their weakest brew was about 5%, called Blusser, or Extiguisher in English, was the stuff they gave to sick children and was similar to Stella. The rest of their range started at 10% and was meant to be a complex drink to be sipped like wine. Some of it was great but not the sort of stuff to drink in a session!

maviczap 28-12-18 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Trev (Post 3097147)
Had a great guided tour once of a brewery in Belgium. The jovial (and slightly rotund) chap showing us around said their weakest brew was about 5%, called Blusser, or Extiguisher in English, was the stuff they gave to sick children and was similar to Stella. The rest of their range started at 10% and was meant to be a complex drink to be sipped like wine. Some of it was great but not the sort of stuff to drink in a session!

Indeed Sir Trev, I had a night out in Brugge with a local pilot, who took us to a bar tucked away in a side street. The beer was on a menu, like a wine list, and you didn't quaff it. I had 4 beers that night, and no hangover, even though they were strong beers.

The usual Irish pub near our hotel served the cooking larger

Sir Trev 28-12-18 12:27 PM

Flippin quiet in our house now. The Monkey and her boyfriend have headed down to his mum's in Southampton for New Year and Father-in-Law has gone to see one of his old school mates in Marlow for the day. Once I drive him home to Shrewsbury tomorrow it will be just Lady Poppy and me again at Trev Towers. Nice as Chrimbo is it's also nice to get the sofa back to yourselves!

Bibio 28-12-18 01:10 PM

sometimes i really am a plonker.....

i just bought 10 50xLP carry cases to put my record collection in the attic (there is already tons up there). they arrived today after ordering them yesterday and while unpacking them from their heavy duty cardboard boxes it just struck me that the cardboard boxes are the same size as the contents so i now have double the amount of LP storage i needed..... :smt101

glad i got the 50x ones instead of the 100x as they are frigging heavy when full.

garynortheast 30-12-18 08:20 PM

Evening all.

maviczap 30-12-18 08:26 PM

Evening, last of the Christmas beer being drunk and then its back on the wagon

garynortheast 30-12-18 08:32 PM

Pretty much no alcohol consumed on my part over Christmas apart from a cup of mulled wine last night!

yokohama 30-12-18 08:58 PM

Very restrained. I've emptied 3 bottles of 10 year old Tawny in the last 8 days. Can't resist Port