SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

MrMessy 24-09-17 07:48 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Vehicles that pass you at highly illegal speeds even in 50MPH average speed camera sites and never seem to get caught!

littleoldman2 24-09-17 07:56 PM

Speed cameras only "catch" drivers in their own cars with their own number plates.

SV650rules 24-09-17 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMessy (Post 3077236)
Vehicles that pass you at highly illegal speeds even in 50MPH average speed camera sites and never seem to get caught!

I often follow drivers who do a very annoying 40 in 60 limits, they also do 40 in 50, 40, 30 and 20mph limits, there is a picture emerging here, they go everywhere at 40 wtf! My best guess is that cruise control is set to 40 and they don't know how to change it, otherwise they are bell-ends.

DomP 24-09-17 09:00 PM

Get well soon Bibs!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

DomP 24-09-17 09:07 PM

Leaving our eldest 2 1/2 hours away at Bath university, she's been around for half of our lives (yes we were bad teenage parents) so it's quite a wrench for us all as well as out younger kids who she played mother to.

maviczap 25-09-17 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomP (Post 3077241)
Leaving our eldest 2 1/2 hours away at Bath university, she's been around for half of our lives (yes we were bad teenage parents) so it's quite a wrench for us all as well as out younger kids who she played mother to.

You must have been good parents for teenagers, as you've guided her into University education.

My eldest was supposed to start uni too, after a gap year, but because of her anxiety issues, she's decided that she doesn't want to go to the uni that had accepted her, as they weren't responding to her emails. She felt she wouldn't get the support she might need, plus it wasn't the uni she really wanted to go to in the first place.

So another year at home for her.

I don't mind folio much, as no point her going when she was going to be unhappy, but lack of communication didn't help her, but then she was worried about us getting angry.

DomP 25-09-17 06:39 AM

Thanks! im not sure its us as much as how insanely driven she is but it must be tough, I could never have done it.

It doesn't help that shes doing a 7 year Architecture degree

maviczap 25-09-17 06:44 AM

Obviously she's driven, but she's got that from her parents along the way somewhere.

Just think how feckless some young parents are and just rely on benefits, so their kids think that's ok, so the cycle continues.

7 years, that's a long coursen8-[

DomP 25-09-17 06:45 AM

Well I suppose I'm stubborn!

Littlepeahead 25-09-17 07:54 AM

Nice day so thought I might take the bike out, but hadn't realised how long since I last rode it so dead battery. By the time I'd charged it I was in to doing other stuff instead and couldn't be bothered to get my leathers on again.

On the upside, I had time to make two Newton Wonder (a type of apple) traybakes and a batch of chocolate brownies. One traybake for work, the other and the brownies were dropped off at the County Ground this morning as a 'well done' to the lads for winning the championship. I made sure the security man knew what the boxes were that I'd left outside the dressing room at 6.45am. The last thing I'd want to read on BBC news is 'Cricket ground evacuated due to suspect package that turned out to be a Mary Berry recipe cake'!