SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

Luckypants 25-09-17 09:56 AM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SV650rules (Post 3077239)
I often follow drivers who do a very annoying 40 in 60 limits, they also do 40 in 50, 40, 30 and 20mph limits, there is a picture emerging here, they go everywhere at 40 wtf! My best guess is that cruise control is set to 40 and they don't know how to change it, otherwise they are bell-ends.

Seems to be a massive problem around here, one of my pet peeves! My money is on them being bell-ends who would drive at 60 in the middle lane of a motorway if they ever get on one.

garynortheast 27-09-17 01:51 PM

Tripped while out running a local trail this morning. Managed to avoid face planting the rocks but ricked my back and am now barely able to walk. :-(

maviczap 27-09-17 02:30 PM

You have my sympathy, I ricked my back at work the other week. It settled down after a rest, then it returned the other day after lifting one of my bikes onto its wall hanger.

Thoughly cheesed off with left leg muscle pain of one sort of another. Stretching hasn't cured it 🙁

Hot bath tonight

garynortheast 27-09-17 04:23 PM

It's a bugger, back pain, isn't it. Getting into and out of the car is pretty excruciating, even just sitting down and standing up again is painful. Got intermittent sciatica down my legs as well.
It's also the fact that this is the third injury of one sort or another this year that has interfered with my running which is hacking me off.

maviczap 27-09-17 04:35 PM

A former team member of mine, and also a friend had a prolapsed disc, which pressed on his sciatic nerve. He could barely walk.

But after having an epidural injection at the end of the nerve, and working on his core strength he's back to full fitness. Luckily he had a sister who was a physio

All my issues stem from over tight or short hamstrings, which comes from my cycling.

I should do more stretching and work on my core, but I'm a bit lazy, as when my leg isn't giving me jip I lose my motivation to keep it in check.

Chris_SVS 27-09-17 05:11 PM

Overfilling of diesel tanks, deadly at pretty any much lean angle that isn't upright. This particular rainbow which was bigger than it looks stretched 100m+ and patchy for a good half mile after

https://i.imgur.com/LF0aXS4l.png

garynortheast 27-09-17 06:03 PM

I think maybe building on core strength is what I need to be doing Mav. I'm also a bit lazy in that regard. This is painful enough however, to prompt me to take preventative action once I'm able. Really don't want a repeat!

maviczap 27-09-17 06:11 PM

It's an age thing Gary bodies don't fix themselves like they used to, and we still think we'll get fit and well like when we were 21 with no input from us, so it's not laziness :D

garynortheast 27-09-17 06:28 PM

I was indestructible at 21! Trouble is, the abuse comes back to haunt us later in life .......

maviczap 28-09-17 09:08 AM

The Radio 1- onification of Radio 2, not only by presenters but in the playlists, starting to hear the mid numbing pop that's a feature of R1, rather than the diverse 60s,70s,80s,90s,00s playlists of old

An example of what I'm on about, when I've been forced to listen to R1, the whole lot have sounded like this.

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

Today its Fearne Cotton covering Ken Bruce today, so a double whammy