SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2010 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   What to Bring (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=155279)

hongman 29-07-10 09:01 PM

Re: What to Bring

Quote:

Originally Posted by caz650s (Post 2331891)
Hongman ... Stop going on about if it rains !!

We have had our fair share of rain on the last Three AR's at least .

Think positive ... It WILL be warm & dry :cool: ...now pack it in ;)

I'm not going on about rain!

Well not in the last few posts anyway ;)

Lissa 29-07-10 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hongman (Post 2331928)
I'm not going on about rain!

If it rains, you get wet. You won't melt and you won't shrink. (Says the person who used to be 6ft 8 :p)

phil24_7 30-07-10 09:39 AM

I'm bringing a van with our bikes in it so will bring plenty of stuff for all occasions...in fact...I gaurantee I will bring more stuff than any right minded person would need...that's just how I roll!

Bear 30-07-10 10:36 AM

TBH if you ride your bike on a daily basis without a toolkit or don't know how to use one, the last place you'll have a problem is on a mass ride out with probably at least a quarter of the riders having a toolkit and the knowledge to help you use it!

Get a basic tool kit if you like, it's not a bad thing to carry with you at all times, but don't worry too much if you haven't got one for the AR

Kate Moss 30-07-10 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil24_7 (Post 2332261)
I'm bringing a van with our bikes in it so will bring plenty of stuff for all occasions...in fact...I gaurantee I will bring more stuff than any right minded person would need...that's just how I roll!

Plenty of room for lots of shoes then!

BernardBikerchick 30-07-10 06:32 PM

i am just taking me !! lol - oh ok a tooth brush though ! by my underwear is amazingly resiliant for a few days !! lol

hongman 31-07-10 09:59 PM

BBc...go commando, you dont even need to worry about 1 pair then ;)

ANYWAY

I half heartedly made an attempt at strapping everything to the bike today, and it didnt go too well, lol.

Turns out my bungee straps are FAR too small :(

I think I may end up chucking all my camping stuff (inc tent, sleeping bag, air bed) into a duffal bag (all fits) and using my oxford soft panniers for clothes and the rest of the stuff. That way I only have to worry about securing one bag and not a seperate tent, bag, etc...

fizzwheel 31-07-10 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hongman (Post 2333317)
oxford soft panniers for clothes and the rest of the stuff. That way I only have to worry about securing one bag and not a seperate tent, bag, etc...

Are you taking a pillion ?

If not, then put your stuff into the panniers making sure you keep the weight equal between them or you'll end up with a strange handling bike. Then put your tent arcoss the top of the panniers / pillion seat and then bungee onto that, The panniers and pillion seat will give you a nice wide platform for everything else that way then.

hongman 31-07-10 10:34 PM

No pillion.

I'm sure I'll come up with something Fizz! Must must must remember to buy some last minute stuff though...

Messie 01-08-10 11:39 AM

Hongman
Look at some of the pictures from previous AR's to get an idea of (a) how to strap stuff to a bike and (b) just HOW MUCH stuff can be strapped to a bike!!