SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   South & West Surfers (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Fizz's Devon / Somerset Rideout Notes Saturday 13th August (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=61228)

AllyXX 07-08-05 08:30 PM

Yeah sorry Fizz I'm still off the road, looks like the bike's gunna be declared a write off with parts alone totalling £5,500.77 and thats before labour and VAT :cry: Looks like I did a proper job eh :oops:
Had really been looking forward to meeting up with everyone. I'm in plaster at the mo due to a partially severed ligament in my thumb but if all goes well at hospital tomorrow I could be plasterless (I hope). If thats the case I may drive down as it's only 20mins from me just to wave ya all off and cry secretly when u've all gone lol.
For all attending if I don't catch u have a good safe ride.
Allyxx

fizzwheel 07-08-05 08:35 PM

You surely did do a proper job, sorry to hear you are off the road still and in plaster :cry:

Take care of yourself hopefully see you on Saturday if you can make it even if just to say hi

AllyXX 07-08-05 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fizzwheel
You surely did do a proper job, sorry to hear you are off the road still and in plaster :cry:

Take care of yourself hopefully see you on Saturday if you can make it even if just to say hi

Thanks fizz.
Don't plan on doing it again but words from the wise... if bars crush into the tank remove thumb before flying through the air :cry:

Mogs 09-08-05 01:05 PM

South Wales Cohort.

If anyone (Chris, Gareth) is travelling over from S. Wales. How about meeting up at Bassaleg High School with a view to depart at 9.20am.

Gareth if your coming thru' C'philly I can meet you at the layby opposite B&Q depart just after 9.00am

fizzwheel 09-08-05 03:15 PM

Have been round route again today, all OK apart from last little bit has roadworks on it, but nothing much hoping they should be clear by the weekend

I think the Washford Inn looks good for a lunch stop, has lots of tarmac car parking that if flat, all the others have gravel and the carparks are sloping.

Didnt call and clear it with the Landlord so we will have to wing it

Hope thats OK with everybody

falc 09-08-05 07:14 PM

Sounding Good, that sucks about the bike Ally :( hope to see you down there, def. more the merrier, bring gear and go pillion :D

My choke is sticking atm, hoping my bodge job repair will help and ill be down Saturday!

valleyboy 10-08-05 05:18 PM

Thats good with me Kevin :)

fizzwheel 11-08-05 08:36 AM

OK we have another reprobate who wants to Join in the fun

Have arranged to meet Viney at the Ducati Dealer in Bridgwater, so I suggest that we stop here for a bacon roll and a cup of tea rather than stopping a bit further round the route at the pub I was thinking at for lunch

If thats OK with everybody

Bridgwater can be tricky at lunchtime so we will need to make sure we stick together.

My mobile number if you want it for emergencies is

07768 591179

diamond 11-08-05 08:45 AM

Quote:

Have arranged to meet Viney at the Ducati Dealer in Bridgwater,

Ducati dealer :shock: :-k must remember credit card and buy new bike :wink:

fizzwheel 11-08-05 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e.d.
Quote:

Have arranged to meet Viney at the Ducati Dealer in Bridgwater,

Ducati dealer :shock: :-k must remember credit card and buy new bike :wink:

No I shall put your credit card in my pocket where you cant get access to it :wink: :twisted: