SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2008 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Pennine Massive Ride In (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=108360)

pmapp 15-06-08 08:47 AM

Re: Pennine Massive Ride In

Mornin,

11 am is what has been suggested - and as far as I know is what we're aiming for.

As for the actual route down, that's not decided. I'm happy for someone to decide this for me (I'd personally just do it on the M-Way).

It's looking like it's gonna be a good un :thumleft:

Gordon B 15-06-08 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmapp (Post 1538852)
Mornin,

11 am is what has been suggested - and as far as I know is what we're aiming for.

As for the actual route down, that's not decided. I'm happy for someone to decide this for me (I'd personally just do it on the M-Way).

It's looking like it's gonna be a good un :thumleft:

Cool see you there. I'm happy to just cruise down the m-way too.

BTW Anyone coming past Selby (Thorpe Willoughby) is welcome to pop in for bacon butties at 930am as I'm making for me and Billy.

Drop me a pm for address!

Gordon

dizzyblonde 15-06-08 03:40 PM

looks more than likely that we'll be heading down the M6? Its easier from this side...I think? We just want to get there asap. We be mostly setting off for about 11ish from here. It'll be a leisurely cruise with as many/little pitstops as Im Indoors needs. Depends on the day really, what he's feeling like. If we bump into folk down the way then wehay...if we don't seeeeee ya there.......yippppeeeeee:-)

454697819 15-06-08 09:57 PM

we will be going down but leaving at 10 ish... which ever way is quickest as we did 300 miles today fully geared and it was mega hard...

Gordon B 24-06-08 10:22 AM

OK, here is my planned route -

Setting off from Woolley between 11 and 1130am on Friday

M1 (Woolley Services)
A42
M42
M5 J25
A378 Turn Right onto
A372 Turn Right onto
A303 Turn Left onto A37
Arrive at Campsite

It sounds a bit selfish but this is the route I will be taking and anyone who wants to tag along on that route then feel free. I will be cruising the motorway about 80 and not going daft as I can't afford any more points! My aim is to get to the AR as quickly (and safely!) and with as little fuss as possble.

Don't want to come this way? Then don't. Simple really. Sounds harsh but previous experience has taught me that trying to get everyone to agree a route takes forever so thats why I have done it this way.

Anyone passing by Selby on Friday morning is welcome to join me and Billy for bacon butties at my house at 930am before we set off. Drop me a pm.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Gordon

454697819 24-06-08 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamaxx (Post 1546812)
OK, here is my planned route -

Setting off from Woolley between 11 and 1130am on Friday

M1 (Woolley Services)
A42
M42
M5 J25
A378 Turn Right onto
A372 Turn Right onto
A303 Turn Left onto A37
Arrive at Campsite

It sounds a bit selfish but this is the route I will be taking and anyone who wants to tag along on that route then feel free. I will be cruising the motorway about 80 and not going daft as I can't afford any more points! My aim is to get to the AR as quickly (and safely!) and with as little fuss as possble.

Don't want to come this way? Then don't. Simple really. Sounds harsh but previous experience has taught me that trying to get everyone to agree a route takes forever so thats why I have done it this way.

Anyone passing by Selby on Friday morning is welcome to join me and Billy for bacon butties at my house at 930am before we set off. Drop me a pm.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Gordon

seems fair.. Im doing the same thing..

Probably see you on the motorway but wont try to ride together... dependin on the comfortablness of the ST2 we may well be doing 85...ish

YoungMan 24-06-08 07:24 PM

Rode down to Norwich yesterday and back today from York at 'pace' over the Humber Bridge.
Oh my sorry butt. I'm hoping it will be toughened by this experience. Quick and down the MWay's for me. I have no points but look forward to the experience?

dizzyblonde 24-06-08 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungMan (Post 1547580)
Rode down to Norwich yesterday and back today from York at 'pace' over the Humber Bridge.
Oh my sorry butt. I'm hoping it will be toughened by this experience. Quick and down the MWay's for me. I have no points but look forward to the experience?

tis why i got myself a bucket of a corbin seat..mmmm nice n comfy. Didn't know you were coming...be so nice ta see you again:cool:

Ed 24-06-08 08:37 PM

M42... nice:rolleyes:

pmapp 24-06-08 09:54 PM

Aye, sounds like the plan.

Will be seeing you at 11 :-)