SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Helmets (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   New Caberg V2 anyone? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=57931)

diamond 25-05-05 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonboy
Okay had a play and found the reason I was having trouble was that the material on the windstopper thingy is out of true with the plastic. Mrs jonboy said "yes I can see that from here" from across the room.

So I've fiddled and pushed and prodded and it's just about acceptable and I can only just work the switch but not with the helmet on, but no great problem.

However I think the amount of material is less than required to do it's job properly as it keeps slipping back over my chin. Mrs jonboy has agreed to machine an extension ( :shock: ) if I find something suitable. Customised, hey! :lol:

All hail mrs jonboy :notworthy:

Ceri JC 26-05-05 07:57 AM

Having taken it on the motorway at speed last night, the only really annoying aspect of the noise in the helmet is a fairly high pitched whistling. Thankfully this can be largely negated by earplugs (earplugs tend to filter high freq sounds), so it's a pretty comfortable helmet for high speeds.

I also used the sun visor for the first time on the bike. Definately worth having and very easy to operate with one hand whilst riding.

diamond 26-05-05 08:06 AM

Do you find the seal around the visor is a bit shabby and the wind can get under it fairly easily?

jonboy 26-05-05 08:20 AM

Yes. :(

Ceri JC 15-06-05 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e.d.
Do you find the seal around the visor is a bit shabby and the wind can get under it fairly easily?

I can't feel any wind inside, but I can hear some high pitched whistling (easily negated by ear plugs) and also occasional clunking from the right hand inside (maybe part of the inner visor mechanism?)

The noise and the slightly high neck and rear sides stop if from being a 'must have', but it's still a good lid for the cash and after having used it for a while now, I'm defiantely glad I got it.

jonboy 25-06-05 03:56 PM

Okay I've had this on my bonce for 2k miles now and have developed mixed opinions of it. Great looks, love the intenal visor to bits, fits perfectly.

However it's incredibly noisy. The high pitched whistling that Ceri mentions is usually due to the visor not being fully closed. Although it appears to be shut it actually clips in place and when it's pushed this final bit the whistling vanishes.

There's a huge rush of air that circulates around the face that I've found comes not from a poorly fitted visor (though it certainly has a gap at the top which I've yet to test in serious rain) but from the fact that the bottom rim of the helmet is a fair bit shorter than found on other lids. This creates an area of low pressure that sucks the wind right up over your eyes and mine have often been literally streaming whilst riding. The cure is to tilt your helmet downwards on your head as far as is possible/comfortable which although alleviates the problem isn't exactly ideal. I'm going to modify the chin guard (as previously reported) so that it seals off the lower part of the helmet from the air stream and if this proves to work then I'll post up some photos.

Oh and the air vents. No matter which way I have the buttons pressed on the top of the lid it doesn't make a jot of difference. Strange!

But for 80-90 spondoolies it's still good value. Had I had the dosh I'd have bought the new Shuberth S1 which is now on my wishlist.

Ceri JC 29-06-05 03:16 PM

Quote:

The high pitched whistling that Ceri mentions is usually due to the visor not being fully closed. Although it appears to be shut it actually clips in place and when it's pushed this final bit the whistling vanishes.

I had a check the other night and what you said is true. Ta for solving the mystery of why sometimes it was decent sound proofing and other times it sounded like a banshee had taken up residence on the pillion seat. :notworthy:

amarko5 06-09-05 08:41 PM

Quote:

Okay I've had this on my bonce for 2k miles now and have developed mixed opinions of it. Great looks, love the intenal visor to bits, fits perfectly.

However it's incredibly noisy. The high pitched whistling that Ceri mentions is usually due to the visor not being fully closed. Although it appears to be shut it actually clips in place and when it's pushed this final bit the whistling vanishes.

There's a huge rush of air that circulates around the face that I've found comes not from a poorly fitted visor (though it certainly has a gap at the top which I've yet to test in serious rain) but from the fact that the bottom rim of the helmet is a fair bit shorter than found on other lids. This creates an area of low pressure that sucks the wind right up over your eyes and mine have often been literally streaming whilst riding. The cure is to tilt your helmet downwards on your head as far as is possible/comfortable which although alleviates the problem isn't exactly ideal. I'm going to modify the chin guard (as previously reported) so that it seals off the lower part of the helmet from the air stream and if this proves to work then I'll post up some photos.

Oh and the air vents. No matter which way I have the buttons pressed on the top of the lid it doesn't make a jot of difference. Strange!

But for 80-90 spondoolies it's still good value. Had I had the dosh I'd have bought the new Shuberth S1 which is now on my wishlist.

afore you go for a shuberth as bluebells hubby Ian he did not give it a good review when i asked him about it on a runout

jonboy 06-09-05 08:41 PM

I'll bear that in mind, thanks.

stranger 26-04-06 10:17 PM

talk about reviving a thread :lol:

i have a question i'm hoping one of you can answer for a yank

i was going to buy a Justissimo, but I wasn't really looking for the flip-up - just the internal visor. so the V2 looks like a great option

Can anyone tell me how these helmets fit? Similar to another brand? I have a HJC/KBC/Scorpion head, so if these are similar, i'm placing an order today!