SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   East Anglian Revolution (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=140613)

maviczap 17-05-10 08:03 PM

Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedplay (Post 2271110)
Doesnt apply to you mate, your always old and smelling of wee ;)

Love you really! lmao

Need to change my pants once in a while I think :p

BigBaddad 17-05-10 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 2271024)
Very kind of you to offer me membership of your club - but its not for me :p

:smt044

:smt044:smt044:smt044ah not the kind of criusing your into:smt044:smt044:smt044

BigBaddad 17-05-10 08:24 PM

Is that Skip old BMW on there.

Seggons 19-05-10 04:55 PM

Woo Hoo, thanks to Mr Maviczap my motorbike is back in action again thanks to his exhaust clamp after mine rusted away. :D

BigBaddad 19-05-10 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seggons (Post 2272824)
Woo Hoo, thanks to Mr Maviczap my motorbike is back in action again thanks to his exhaust clamp after mine rusted away. :D

you do realise you're now his Biatch.

Seggons 19-05-10 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBaddad (Post 2272875)
you do realise you're now his Biatch.

:smt103 I wonder how quick Royal Snail can return items. :lol:

maviczap 19-05-10 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seggons (Post 2272824)

Cool, a beer or a cup of tea next time Mr Seggons.

This one won't rust ast quickly as the OEM one

speedplay 19-05-10 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 2272907)
Cool, a beer or a cup of tea next time

My favorite type of currency!

Mike2165 21-05-10 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedplay (Post 2271091)
I used to have an accord 2.2ictdi sport.

It went like hell but the downside is that you instantly age 30 years and smell of pi$$ when you sit in a honda.

How about sitting on it?

Skip 31-05-10 07:28 PM

Finally got my tank back late Saturday evening - no chance of getting it fitted to come yesterday though! I have to say he has made a great job of it - hard to believe its the same tank! Anyhoo - bike is back on the road - thats the main thing! :D

Before:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...01285Large.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...01287Large.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...01286Large.jpg

After:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...01310Large.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...01309Large.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...01311Large.jpg

Seggons 31-05-10 07:53 PM

Are you sure he hasn't just brought another one off Ebay because that's a great job he's done. :D

kellyjo 31-05-10 08:21 PM

Skip - Cant see the flames!!! Looking good though :p

Have spent today 'hooning', but its just not the same without you guys :smt011
And i gave Jeff a lecture on the importance of actually dropping off and marking when riding in a group of people using the '2nd man drop-off' system. What a ****!!
He has redeemed himself though by booking us into a travelodge for a long weekend at the end of the June in Wiltshire, there looks to be some good roads in the area :-)

And as a reward for its hard work this weekend, tomorrow i'm removing the bikes fairings to rub down the rusting fairing brackets and parts of the sub-frame and give them a coat of shiny hammerite. I'm also geared up with wet n dry, autosol and elbow grease to give the downpipes a darned good rub down until theyre shiny as new :-)

I'd also like to replace the two bolts that hold the clamps around the exhaust pipes cos they're really rusty too. Anyone know what their 'proper' name is and where im likely to get some more from, are they a special bike part or is Homebase likely to have some??

maviczap 31-05-10 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellyjo (Post 2283340)
I'd also like to replace the two bolts that hold the clamps around the exhaust pipes cos they're really rusty too. Anyone know what their 'proper' name is and where im likely to get some more from, are they a special bike part or is Homebase likely to have some??

You'll be lucky to get these off in one piece KJ and no Homebase is not likely to have any.

Google Mikalor hose clamps, which is what they are

kellyjo 31-05-10 08:27 PM

Wow, that was a fast reply, thanks. I'll go have a google now...x

maviczap 31-05-10 08:32 PM

Seggons had the same problem, he posted earlier in this thread.

He had my only spare Mikalor hose clamp of the right size

kellyjo 31-05-10 08:33 PM

No problems, theyre readily available on flea-bay. Dont s'pose you can remember what size by any chance?

maviczap 31-05-10 08:37 PM

42 - 47mm if I remember correctly, but I think there are two different sizes you might need.

I'll measure them on my standard exhaust tomorrow morning KJ

kellyjo 31-05-10 08:52 PM

Oh you're a star, thankyou.

maviczap 01-06-10 12:51 PM

KJ, just measured the pipe and I was correct. Its 44mm so the 42 - 47mm Mikalor (if thats the size range) is the one you need.

kellyjo 01-06-10 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 2283888)
KJ, just measured the pipe and I was correct. Its 44mm so the 42 - 47mm Mikalor (if thats the size range) is the one you need.

Fank-oo :smt058

maviczap 01-06-10 04:34 PM

Kein problem

maviczap 02-06-10 08:37 PM

Went for a long ride tonight.

I was only going over to Gt Bentley for the Wednesday night meet, but then I thought I'd ride over to Maldon and collect my phone which I'd left in the pub on Monday.

Gt Bentley was busy, plenty of people there tonight. Saw 4 Sv's 2 were pointy 650's :pukel: and 1 silver 1000 :smt049

Met a newbie Curvy owner and told her (yes, another female :p) to get registered on the Org.

Had a sprirted ride home in the evening sun with not many cages about, except for one just before the last pair of bends, doing about 40mph in a 60 zone :-?

Skip 03-06-10 07:37 AM

Thought I would take the long way home from work last night - 5:30pm is not the time to try and have an enjoyable ride - far too many people trying to get home from work doing their best to ruin it for me :(

maviczap 03-06-10 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 2285443)
Thought I would take the long way home from work last night - 5:30pm is not the time to try and have an enjoyable ride - far too many people trying to get home from work doing their best to ruin it for me :(

Same for me, as I found out all the hundreds of cars were leaving the Suffolk Show and also the going home traffic at Heybridge.

But the rest of the evening was great.

Top tip, roads will be clear when England games are on in the World Cup.

Do your shopping when they are on too

Skip 03-06-10 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 2285449)
Top tip, roads will be clear when England games are on in the World Cup.

Amen to that! Hoping to go out early this Sunday - whether I will be allowed or not is another matter!

kellyjo 03-06-10 10:39 AM

I've just loaded the car up with camping gear, taking the kids tonight for a 'trial run', never taken them before!

Of course, the difficulty is that i have to do EVERYTHING myself, most importantly putting the tent up whilst they're trying to wander off in three other directions - i'm stressed just thinking about it!!

However, we're pitching up on the Searles site so we have use of the pools and amusements, and most importantly there's a chip shop with garden on site :-) and we'll head to Tesco for brekkie cos i'm not prepared to source cooking gear until i know it's gonna be an ongoing thing!

Im taking a sleeping bag each, inflatable matresses AND their quilts and pillows - i really want them to be as comfy as possible and enjoy it because its the only way im going to get them away for a few nights during the summer.

Am i mad to be trying this on my own with three kids?? Probably but it'll be an interesting experience :sunny:

I cant believe that in this beautiful sunshine the next opportunity i'm gonna have to ride is next tuesday :-(

BigBaddad 03-06-10 12:35 PM

Always enjoyed camping as a kid. My kids enjoyed it when they were kids. Not used our gear for some time, in fact someone has borrowed one of our tents this week.

How long are you in Sunny Hunny for.

maviczap 03-06-10 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellyjo (Post 2285663)
I've just loaded the car up with camping gear, taking the kids tonight for a 'trial run', never taken them before!

Of course, the difficulty is that i have to do EVERYTHING myself, most importantly putting the tent up whilst they're trying to wander off in three other directions - i'm stressed just thinking about it!!

However, we're pitching up on the Searles site so we have use of the pools and amusements, and most importantly there's a chip shop with garden on site :-) and we'll head to Tesco for brekkie cos i'm not prepared to source cooking gear until i know it's gonna be an ongoing thing!

Im taking a sleeping bag each, inflatable matresses AND their quilts and pillows - i really want them to be as comfy as possible and enjoy it because its the only way im going to get them away for a few nights during the summer.

Am i mad to be trying this on my own with three kids?? Probably but it'll be an interesting experience :sunny:

I cant believe that in this beautiful sunshine the next opportunity i'm gonna have to ride is next tuesday :-(

Kids will love it KJ, its a big adventure, hopefully all that fresh air will tire them out and you'll get a bit of chillin time

Hope the weather is kind to you and have a good time

Rob969 03-06-10 04:41 PM

Mmmm so tempting Link not sure if a white bikes a good idea though.

BigBaddad 04-06-10 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob969 (Post 2286025)
Mmmm so tempting Link not sure if a white bikes a good idea though.

only if you're thinking of taking up hairdressing:smt017

Tis nice though.:smt060

kellyjo 04-06-10 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBaddad (Post 2285760)
Always enjoyed camping as a kid. My kids enjoyed it when they were kids. Not used our gear for some time, in fact someone has borrowed one of our tents this week.

How long are you in Sunny Hunny for.

We're home, just went for the one night (all i could afford :-()

The kids had a ball and can't wait to go again so it looks like i need a bigger tent!! Ours is a 3-man so the kids slept in the 'bedroom' and i slept in the 'porch' with the ants and spiders, not impressed!!

Twas real quality time though, sitting up at 10 o/c playing cards and dominoes, and they finally crashed about 11 :-)

If anyones got a large tent or cooking gear going cheap, i'm yer girl :p

maviczap 04-06-10 01:48 PM

You could always post up in your local wanted section of your freecycle group KJ, for the stuff you need.

I picked up a 3 man (no it doesn't come with them :rolleyes:) tent on ebay for £13

http://groups.freecycle.org/freecyclepboro/posts/all

Messie 04-06-10 03:13 PM

Glad you had a good time Kelly - I loved camping with mine, and it makes for a really cheap holiday too.

kellyjo 09-06-10 12:51 PM

After months of droning on about needing a sports bike Jeffs picking this up on Friday http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...85ph?logcode=p

maviczap 09-06-10 12:54 PM

How you gonna keep up with that :p

kellyjo 09-06-10 01:15 PM

Thats why he bought it, I think it was damaging his ego that i'd finally reached the point where I was giving him a run for his money!!

I'm not gonna try and keep up, i'm already riding at the max of my ability and experience and i'm not prepared to allow the kids dad to have them permanently just cos i was riding like a ****!!

He's always moaned the SV was uncomfortable for his lanky body so i'm not sure he's doing the right thing but he wanted a sports bike so now he's got one!!

If i sound an incy bit jealous and bitter it's because i am, although personally i would have got a black one :p

Skip 09-06-10 02:30 PM

Very nice - got to agree that its going to be no better for his lanky frame though!

Still - bet he will enjoy it :)

Seggons 09-06-10 05:13 PM

Great bike, but does it come with the junction marking optional extra? ;) :lol: I'm sure he'll be grinning from ear to ear each time he rides that. :D

Seggons 12-06-10 02:53 PM

Everybody, meet Viki the VW. My new motor.

http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/667/dsc00836.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/3388/dsc00835v.jpg

speedplay 13-06-10 08:59 AM

**** me!!

How gay can one car look?!