SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

Sir Trev 14-11-17 07:53 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

GWS Bill. I'm beginning to think you have some odd fondness for hospital food :-k

Geodude 15-11-17 07:52 AM

Mend fast Bill xGx

andrewsmith 15-11-17 08:09 AM

GwS Bill

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Chris_SVS 15-11-17 04:19 PM

Being barked at to take my helmet off before I go to the checkout in Lidls.

A please would have been nice instead of the scowl I got - I decided to not buy what I was in for and left...

maviczap 15-11-17 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_SVS (Post 3079720)

A please would have been nice instead of the scowl I got - I decided to not buy what I was in for and left...

LOL

Most armed robbers come in and demand the money straight away, and arrive with at least one mate :smt066 :smt066

I understand their policy, but doesn't hurt to say please. Not everyone wearing a crash helmet is an armed robber, especially when you've been wandering round the aisles and decided to buy something. :smt098 :plod:

I would have done the same as you

Chris_SVS 15-11-17 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 3079721)
LOL

Most armed robbers come in and demand the money straight away, and arrive with at least one mate :smt066 :smt066

I understand their policy, but doesn't hurt to say please. Not everyone is an armed robber, especially when you've been wandering round the aisles and decided to buy something. :smt098 :plod:

I would have done the same as you

I'm glad someone else sees my point. Served in the same branch a couple of weeks ago with no problem, no notices up and no consistency in their policies.

I've only been refused once in 14yrs and I'd already got the fuel, they refused to accept payment for it, until I pointed out the CCTV would show me attempting to pay so if I walked out then no offence (theft) had been committed. The senior person who arrived was apologetic and accepted the payment with enthusiasm.

Funnily(while out cycling years later) a staff member in the same garage asked me if I had any fuel, "No mate just this mars bar" his colleagues were highly amused :D

Bibio 15-11-17 09:10 PM

GWS Bill. i think you need to change the lucky rabbits foot m8 its not working :-)

BanannaMan 16-11-17 06:09 AM

Thanks everyone!
At home hoping for a speedy recovery now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3079737)
GWS Bill. i think you need to change the lucky rabbits foot m8 its not working :-)

Damn !!! There is lucky rabbit's foot in my car !
I thought they had a lifetime warranty !!!

DuncanC 16-11-17 12:50 PM

They do, it's the lifetime of the rabbit!

SV650rules 16-11-17 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_SVS (Post 3079720)

Your face is far more visible in a helmet than one of those burkas, especially the ones with the full mesh flyscreen doo-dah thing