SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   The All New Megathread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=219927)

andrewsmith 12-08-19 09:36 PM

Re: The All New Megathread

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 3107078)
Raising a glass to new Sv owners, former Sv owners, Orger's no longer with us and current Org members. I've had some smashing times on my Sv, and met some genuinely lovely folk ( I've still got to meet a few too)
I had a pang when it went up the road

3 years now here

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Bibio 18-08-19 09:51 PM

howdo my lovers.. bike still not mot'd..

garynortheast 19-08-19 07:53 AM

The Bibster is is back! How ya doin'?

maviczap 21-08-19 07:58 AM

Oh the irony

Yesterday's trip to the recycling centre, guy arrived in the bay next to mine, he got out of his car to dump his stuff to recycle in a green and planet saving exercise? Just left his car idling whilst he emptied it. Let his young daughter (about 5 years old?) wander round the back of his car during this exercise too. Great example of good parenting

Watching BBC news this morning. The reporter was reporting on the current situation with the repairs to the Walley Bridge dam. The pictures showed the empty muddy pool that was the reservoir. The reporter was on the walkway on the top of the dam wall, wearing a life jacket!!!!! Let's hope it breaks his fall when he falls off the dam wall and he deploys it. FFS it's nuts

punyXpress 21-08-19 01:33 PM

This is what you want : �� https://www.transport-network.co.uk/...ollution/16074 - failing that a fully-functioning 12 bore :D
The bit they missed out: " Make it a requirement for local authorities with a charging CAZ to introduce a citizen-based reporting system under which people reporting an idling vehicle would get a share of the fine " shades of 1984

maviczap 21-08-19 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punyXpress (Post 3107352)
This is what you want : �� https://www.transport-network.co.uk/...ollution/16074 - failing that a fully-functioning 12 bore :D
The bit they missed out: " Make it a requirement for local authorities with a charging CAZ to introduce a citizen-based reporting system under which people reporting an idling vehicle would get a share of the fine " shades of 1984

Yes, it was the news feature on the BBC that prompted me. I'd happily report folk who do this; for a cash reward :smt021

They pay you in the USA for reporting this, one guy earned $10000 in a year in NYC!

I'd earn the same outside the schools in winter :-)

garynortheast 05-09-19 06:37 AM

Morning all.

maviczap 05-09-19 08:53 PM

Evening all, just checking in

Sir Trev 05-09-19 08:57 PM

Night all - off to bed soon as I've got to go off to an early meeting tomorrow.

garynortheast 05-09-19 09:41 PM

Evening Mav, night Trev!

Sir Trev 06-09-19 06:13 PM

Oh flip was that a rubbish day. See the "What have you done" thread as I cannot be fekked to type it all again. It must be Jameson's o'clock by now.

[heads towards drinks cupboard]

maviczap 07-09-19 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Trev (Post 3107887)
Oh flip was that a rubbish day. See the "What have you done" thread as I cannot be fekked to type it all again. It must be Jameson's o'clock by now.

[heads towards drinks cupboard]

Copy and paste Sir Trev :-)

Sir Trev 07-09-19 06:13 PM

Managed to get a test drive today in the model of car I'd like to get next. Despite me showing the young muppet several identical cars on Autotrader that were cheaper he refused to to come off his inflated price so he didn't get a sale. I spent all morning cleaning up my current car to make it look good for a PX deal though so I don't want to drive it now ](*,):driving::D

Good excuse to use the bike to get to work next week so the car is still clean when I try elsewhere next weekend. :p Right, it's pizza and beer o'clock - have a good evening all.

munkygunn182 12-09-19 06:33 PM

Good everning

maviczap 12-09-19 06:49 PM

Evening

garynortheast 12-09-19 09:38 PM

Evening all.

Bibio 12-09-19 10:58 PM

fek me its Craig...

ermm hello my lovers.

andrewsmith 15-09-19 09:48 PM

Checking in to say I'm alive

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

maviczap 16-09-19 07:04 AM

So am I

garynortheast 16-09-19 07:17 AM

Me too, but currently in anti-social, black cloud, hiding from the world mode.

Geodude 16-09-19 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3108222)
Me too, but currently in anti-social, black cloud, hiding from the world mode.

+1 :smt012

DarrenSV650S 16-09-19 07:51 AM

+1

I'm finding I'd rather be hungover hiding in the house all weekend than staying sober and going out on my bike

garynortheast 05-10-19 08:38 PM

Evening all.

maviczap 05-10-19 08:39 PM

Evening Gary

garynortheast 05-10-19 10:25 PM

Hope your day wasn't too bad Mav.

Good day here. Played music all day with one of my daughters at the Blackberry Fair in Whitchurch. Day was only marred by a bunch of loud, drunk, and unpleasant football fans on the train home from Shrewsbury.

maviczap 06-10-19 04:23 AM

Not bad Gary, a bit weary as I'd been away all since Tuesday, but I went out and had a couple of beers with a good mate at lunchtime.

He'd had a terrible month as both his parents had passed away within weeks of each other, so we shared each others problems in the sunshine by the sea. Which was good therapy for both of us.

garynortheast 06-10-19 08:53 AM

Problem sharing definitely helps to ease the burden I think. Being able to talk about stuff helps to set it out straight and makes it more understandable I think (if that makes sense).

Bibio 07-10-19 03:24 PM

bit late but RIP Ginger Baker a great pioneer of rock drumming. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPkgciMI-Wk

maviczap 07-10-19 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3108966)
bit late but RIP Ginger Baker a great pioneer of rock drumming. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPkgciMI-Wk

Considering he had a wild life, 80 was a good innings

RIP Ginger

maviczap 17-10-19 05:49 PM

Zip ties make good curtain rings :-)

garynortheast 18-10-19 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 3109219)
Zip ties make good curtain rings :-)

:smt046

maviczap 19-10-19 06:24 PM

Strange since moving out, I haven't missed Sky TV that much, there's enough free stuff to keep me entertained. If not I've got enough movies to fill the gap and not the smutty stuff either. Gonna plug my Freesat box in and see what I can pick up via the dish

Could do with some broadband though

garynortheast 19-10-19 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 3109298)
Strange since moving out, I haven't missed Sky TV that much, there's enough free stuff to keep me entertained. If not I've got enough movies to fill the gap and not the smutty stuff either. Gonna plug my Freesat box in and see what I can pick up via the dish

Could do with some broadband though

We've got no TV plugged in at all Mav, and I don't miss it either. Plenty else to read/listen to/engage with without resorting to the one eyed monster in the corner!

maviczap 19-10-19 08:36 PM

Ha, if I didn't have the TV, then I'd be talking to myself, although it wasn't much different at my former home :-(

garynortheast 19-10-19 10:07 PM

I regularly talk to myself, it seems to be the only way to get an intelligent conversation sometimes! :-D

garynortheast 20-10-19 09:10 PM

Evening all.

punyXpress 20-10-19 09:47 PM

Is this you talking to yourself, Gary, or to some of us?
Greetings, kind Sir

garynortheast 21-10-19 04:14 PM

In the general absence of a response, I'd refer you to post 2075
:smt046

Bibio 24-10-19 10:25 AM

well its taken me ermm a very long time but i (with help of the mate who is a pro) finally got round to putting the false wall up for the TV. no more cables or TV stands. still to sand, fill and paint but its looking great and for once i'm happy.

cant wait to see it done.

Bibio 24-10-19 05:22 PM

mmmmm.. the smell of car body filler :-)