SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Pennine Massive (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Pennine Massive Chat thread. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=185558)

Paul the 6th 10-07-13 08:30 AM

Re: Pennine Massive Chat thread.

That Mortimer road is also where me and you went about 4 years ago dude. We pulled in on the snake pass & talked about road craft & stuff and then went on to Mortimer road where I ran wide on a sharp downhill left hander, think you said it caught you out as well lol. We were lucky that day :)

And yeah YC the Peak District isn't the best of places by comparison but he asked if there's any decent rides nearby & if he's never done those roads then it'll be nice for him to tick off the list, especially as its just outside Manchester. I love the section from holmfirth up over Holme moss all the way to glossop & never seen polizei on that section

SuzukiNess 10-07-13 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapidgaz (Post 2884963)
hi folks, just getting back into this great pass time, where are there some good places to go.
went to mid way truck stop last Thursday night, that was very busy. what other places are not to far from manchester.

The Cat and Fiddle - Macclesfield to Buxton - is also a great road and you could venture further to Matlock which is normally packed over weekends

rapidgaz 10-07-13 09:33 AM

Pennine Massive Chat thread.

Thanks for all the replys folks really appreciate it. If you lot think of doing any meet ups in the future let me know.

rapidgaz 10-07-13 03:46 PM

So was thinking of having a blast to Matlock tonight from Stockport. Would you go main route or take the a6 all the way.

SuzukiNess 10-07-13 04:37 PM

normally use this route

rapidgaz 13-07-13 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul the 6th (Post 2885132)
bollox just wrote a massive reply and then accidentally clicked off the page!!!!!! :@

Rivington barn is probably your nearest bike meet, squires cafe is over here in yorkshire (weds eve/sat/sun), think there's whitby train station on a monday and thursday etc.

The pennine massive section used to be rammed with people organising rideouts and bbq's and stuff but no one seems to do much anymore. Should really organise another rideout but I'm so busy with work and stuff I've not got a free weekend til end of september. You ever about much during the week?

Hi Paul, yeah I can do ride outs on week day with a little notice.

ReformedNiceGuy 24-07-13 12:57 PM

I can do most evenings too given a bit of notice.

rapidgaz 24-07-13 02:55 PM

I am out tonight just not sure where to go yet. Any ideas.

rapidgaz 24-07-13 04:51 PM

Does any 1 know if its worth going to rivington tonight.

JoshRawson 24-07-13 05:37 PM

I can do evening ride outs with notice if it builds up the army!