SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

garynortheast 07-03-18 07:56 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 3083292)
Ouchieo ��

It is now starting to feel a bit ouchieo now.

shiftin_gear98 07-03-18 08:16 PM

Gary mend well, maybe leave it a couple of days before the next run.

garynortheast 07-03-18 08:40 PM

I'm going to Martin, it'll be Friday before I go. I'll have a bit of a walk tomorrow which should give me some idea.

BanannaMan 12-03-18 01:01 AM

Last weekend we had a freak windstorm and the power went off for 33 hours.
Still not cleared all the downed tree branches as we are preparing for a snowstorm this weekend,
due to arrive tonight with the possibly of more power outages. :(

Just when I thought we were not going to have a winter, it shows up in March. :rolleyes:

Luckypants 12-03-18 12:59 PM

New car order being delayed twice now. This latest delay means there will be a gap between my new car arriving and my company car being returned. Also pushes me into the new VED rules for the first year, so OTR price has gone up.

Getting fed up and seriously considering cancelling.

Red ones 12-03-18 07:57 PM

Watch out if you cancel.
I did once and there was a clause on the order that basically said they could delay the delivery for any reason and we would be liable for any increase in taxes incurred during the delay AND would lose the deposit if we cancelled.

Needless to say they got several letters pointing out the unfairness of contract, the unreasonable deposit terms etc.
We went to another dealer and got a better price, better finance deal and they delivered on the original day.
Wet told everyone we knew about the first dealer and never went back.

Eventually got the first deposit back before the dealer franchise went bust. I didn't feel sorry for them.

DomP 12-03-18 09:12 PM

First use of a my new drill fitting a stairs! Bolt sheared clean offhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ceb9e32b24.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

timwilky 13-03-18 03:48 PM

Todays gripe from Mr Grumpy
The electric hob in the kitchen has failed, down right dangerously.

It is all touch control, everything is off and the hot hot hot ring comes on, wont go off. The touch controls says off, but the ring is lit up and belching out heat. If anything had been left on the ring it would have gone up in smoke.

Good job I came into the kitchen to grab something and noticed the hob burning away. Time for a new one.

Bibio 13-03-18 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timwilky (Post 3083413)
Todays gripe from Mr Grumpy
The electric hob in the kitchen has failed, down right dangerously.

It is all touch control, everything is off and the hot hot hot ring comes on, wont go off. The touch controls says off, but the ring is lit up and belching out heat. If anything had been left on the ring it would have gone up in smoke.

Good job I came into the kitchen to grab something and noticed the hob burning away. Time for a new one.

somebody set the timer?

timwilky 14-03-18 08:31 AM

There isn't one.

Turn off the isolator, turn it back on and the one ring comes back on, on full power and stays there even though the control says locked and all off. So new hob ordered.

Now, I needed to cook dinner last night, so I have to turn on the isolator to the oven/hob and as expected the one ring came on. I cannot leave it so start playing.

turn off the lock. ok everything is off the control panel says so, but the ring is lit brightly. For some reason I press the ring + and - buttons at the same time and click. The damn ring resets to off and everything works as expected.

This is the 3rd time this has happened, the last two times it reset by toggling the isolator. But each time it has happened after I have turned off the hob and walked away to return finding the one ring burning brightly. Though all is now well again, I cannot trust it not to happen again. So new hob will be fitted and in the meantime I now have a working hob whilst I wait the anticipated 5 days delivery. Just isolate after use.