SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

ophic 14-03-18 09:25 AM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Have you tried updating the firmware? :clown:

Of course if it's a software problem, the new one might have exactly the same issue...

Luckypants 14-03-18 03:39 PM

My phone has thrown a massive wobbler today. It's lost all updates to installed apps and I'm having to re-install them.

Then I have to rebuild my icon pages that have evolved over the past 3 years.

Soooo frustrating.

Red ones 14-03-18 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeker (Post 3083441)
Once you've posted once here, you just can't stop... :(

I've taken over the maintenance/driving of my Dad's 2010 1.33 VVt-i Yaris. It has a horrible 6 speed gearbox by which I mean that in cold weather: "reverse and first are sometimes not available at this time" and, if you get first, then put one foot on the firewall, let go of the steering wheel, depress the clutch (for a few seconds) put both hands on the gear lever and wrestle/fight for second. At this point you have crossed the bridge, defeated the "Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog" and the remaining gears are now freely available (until you try and come back across the bridge and face that damn rabbit again).

Warm weather/hot gearbox alleviates but doesn't eliminate the issue and first gear selection at traffic lights is still a crapshoot.

I posted on the Yaris site which is the reason for my gripe. I am so pleased that your Toyota "XXX" has now done 120,000 miles flawlessly but has that answered my question of "How do I fix this awful gearbox?".

I ended up putting Molyslip in it, a few people told me that there is no gearbox filler plug on the top of the gearbox...errm..guys not only can I see it, but it's listed in the parts diagram.

I then posted my results which indicated that it had improved the gear change action and get yet more people telling me how good their Toyota is after a million miles. It's exasperating.

If you post a problem on a Vauxhall forum the standard response is "I had that problem too" with no indication of how to resolve it just 38 people agreeing with you and 6 clearly under developed adolescents telling you to lower the suspension to make it go faster.

shiftin_gear98 14-03-18 08:53 PM

Totally ****ed off. Just scraped the car on a post. Well scraped the front door, and ****ed the rear door and quarter panel. Did I mention I'm totally ****ed off.
You hear the crunch of impact, slam on the brakes and realise you are only going to cause more damage going forward or backward. Gutted.
First time I've done something like this in 25 years of driving.

Littlepeahead 15-03-18 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 (Post 3083462)
Totally ****ed off. Just scraped the car on a post. Well scraped the front door, and ****ed the rear door and quarter panel. Did I mention I'm totally ****ed off.
You hear the crunch of impact, slam on the brakes and realise you are only going to cause more damage going forward or backward. Gutted.
First time I've done something like this in 25 years of driving.

How far are you from Essex?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

shiftin_gear98 15-03-18 09:49 PM

Lph, my cars at home. Stansted.
It's drivable just a bit mullered now. Can't decide whether to get the insurance involved and get it fixed, or just live with it.

admin 16-03-18 07:07 AM

It's raining...... Again

maviczap 16-03-18 07:15 AM

It'll be frozen rain later, I hope we don't get the chaos of the other week.

garynortheast 16-03-18 08:31 AM

Need. Some. Sunshine. Going crazy with the greyness, especially with that taste of a warmer, brighter day out on the bike earlier in the week.
](*,) :smt119 :nomore:

maviczap 16-03-18 09:57 AM

Its sunny here on the East coast, and the sun was actually warm on my neck just now. Must be near double digit temps

But the beast part 2 is due later, which I'm not looking forward too, as its only going to get to 1 deg tomorrow, snowy & windy