SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Smile of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=214956)

Seeker 06-01-22 10:20 PM

Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3134347)
ermm people have a short memory. they used to play it every night when the bbc went off air... or have you all gone senile.

yes, we know it finished on tv in 1997. This is SOTD and it seemed funny (to me at least) that with all the issues the country has at the moment, that an MP standing up and asking for the National Anthem, is hilarious.

It's like standing on the deck of the Titanic after hiting the iceberg and asking the band* if they play requests. Maybe there are more important issues?

*(allegedly they did keep playing before you jump on that, too)

Bibio 06-01-22 10:23 PM

whats wrong with being patriotic.. the british are already most of the way there like the scots who will support anybody apart from the english during the world cup football.

garynortheast 06-01-22 10:26 PM

I think I'd refer to the attitude of the bellend tory mp in question as flag sh@gging.

Bibio 06-01-22 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3134352)
I think I'd refer to the attitude of the bellend tory mp in question as flag sh@gging.

just like most of the schools in the usa.... lets be like merica as thats so great.. seeker should know :smt043

Bibio 06-01-22 10:38 PM

oohh and lets face it most if not all mp's are bellends but we still keep voting for the biggest ones like the sluts we are.

Seeker 07-01-22 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3134353)
just like most of the schools in the usa.... lets be like merica as thats so great.. seeker should know :smt043

Exactly. My kids (who were born in the US and thus are American) had to chant the Pledge of Allegiance at school every morning.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegiance

It's part of the US culture so I accepted it since I was a guest in their country but it reminded me of North Korea. The US have their flags flying everywhere, we have never needed it.

I am therefore suspicious when MPs start draping themselves in the flag because it leads us to the "if you're not with us, you're against us" thinking which was prevalent (in the US at least) to justify the various ME wars.

Our country has a lot of issues, the lack of the National Anthem on tv is not one. It's another diversion, maybe from the #10 flat redecoration which still rumbles on and has now gained another facet?

Fix the corruption and the unethical behaviour of your party and then we can chat about the BBC playing the National Anthem, Mr. Rosindell MP.

redtrummy 07-01-22 09:06 AM

I have always considered us to be reserved and refined as a nation, and not need the pathetic chest beating 'we are the best' rhetoric that the more unrefined countries resort to.

Its not for me.

Luckypants 07-01-22 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3134346)
Jesus Christ on a f*c*i*g bike!! Where do these complete and utter fekking rancid scrotum-headed turd-burgling ballbrains crawl out from? Is there no end to their cretinous pish?

This rant is my SOTD :D:D:D

Luckypants 07-01-22 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3134346)
Jesus Christ on a f*c*i*g bike!! Where do these complete and utter fekking rancid scrotum-headed turd-burgling ballbrains crawl out from? Is there no end to their cretinous pish?

garynortheast 07-01-22 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckypants (Post 3134360)

So good you posted twice!

There's plenty more where that came from Mike, particularly with regard to the current, rancid, Wastemonster c0ckwombles, who are ostensibly in charge.