SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

maviczap 24-04-18 05:09 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Yet another corrupted micro SD card in my phone, darn it, now have to copy all my mobile music onto the card. Only good thing is any pictures I wanted to keep are on Flickr

SV650rules 24-04-18 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 3084771)
Yet another corrupted micro SD card in my phone, darn it, now have to copy all my mobile music onto the card. Only good thing is any pictures I wanted to keep are on Flickr

I learnt the hard way that solid state memory can fail suddenly due to too many read write cycles. I have had a few USB sticks just fail on me (and not cheap ones). I now use more than one - I keep stuff on external hard drive and at least two memory sticks.

Take away message is that if its important to you keep it more than one place, and even better more than two places.

keith_d 25-04-18 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 3084771)
Yet another corrupted micro SD card in my phone, darn it, now have to copy all my mobile music onto the card. Only good thing is any pictures I wanted to keep are on Grindr

Corrected for you. :-)

Littlepeahead 25-04-18 08:11 AM

Last night was a shocker on the trains. Got to Stratford which is one stop on from Liverpool St where we start, and after a short delay they asked over the PA if there were any drivers travelling on our train. When no one was - although I said I could give it a go as I can't see it being that hard - they booted us off the train. I reckon the first driver was ill. Then the next one was full and the third one ran late. Then I couldn't find my bus ticket, though the driver let me on without paying again. Got home almost an hour later than planned very fed up.

DarrenSV650S 25-04-18 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 (Post 3084745)
No I didn't complain, but then I didn't buy it either - the previous owner fitted it - still I was quite annoyed it died the way it did. Without much warning.

I emailed them a picture and got this reply

Quote:

We have recently become aware of fatigue issues with this assembly at reasonably high mileage and have updated the material specification.

If you send me your address, I can send you the updated kit as soon as possible.
No proof of purchase required :O

shiftin_gear98 25-04-18 08:46 AM

Result. I think my bodged bracket will outlast the rest of the bike.
It's also covered in so much crud that they wouldn't recognise it as theirs.
I can't be arsed to take it off and clean it.

maviczap 25-04-18 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SV650rules (Post 3084773)
I learnt the hard way that solid state memory can fail suddenly due to too many read write cycles. I have had a few USB sticks just fail on me (and not cheap ones). I now use more than one - I keep stuff on external hard drive and at least two memory sticks.

Take away message is that if its important to you keep it more than one place, and even better more than two places.

My important stuff is backed up in more than one place, and I've helped more than one person in recovering stuff from broken Hdd's, so I'm fully aware of electronic stuff failing.

I'm just fed up with micro SD's failing in my phone or tablet, usually when the phone has had a brain fart

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith_d (Post 3084791)
Corrected for you. :-)

Now now :smt027 :smt027

Sir Trev 25-04-18 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepeahead (Post 3084792)
Last night was a shocker on the trains. Got to Stratford which is one stop on from Liverpool St where we start, and after a short delay they asked over the PA if there were any drivers travelling on our train. When no one was - although I said I could give it a go as I can't see it being that hard - they booted us off the train.

Not fun, although I'm sure you could have driven the train to Chelmsford and then let someone else have a go - it's only accelerate and brake after all...

I got booted off a bus yesterday on my way to drinkines with old workmates. The grumpy blob that was behind the wheel kept turning the engine off, counting to ten and starting it again, revving the knackers off it. After three rounds of this he shuffled off to the office (we were in the bus station at the time) and came back with another blob, this one wearing a very greasy hi viz and even greasier overalls, with whom he had a heated discussion about brake pressure. There must have been 30 of us on the bus waiting to go and this produced some odd looks, even the bloke with the slurred swear words who had been ranting to himself and who stank like a brewery carpet was starting to get nervous. The hi viz blob caved in after five minutes and we were shunted to another bus, much to the annoyance of the people waiting to get on it as it was scheduled to be another service going in a different direction. I hate busses. Needless to say I got a taxi back.

Littlepeahead 25-04-18 10:42 AM

My bus this morning drove straight past the station and then didn't stop until the next stop along. The driver said no one pushed the bell. Firstly the bell wasn't working, secondly every person who had bought a ticket had said they wanted a single or return to the station!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sir Trev 25-04-18 03:02 PM

Tomorrow morning (and every day afterwards I suggest) get everyone to shout "DING!" just before the station, just in case the bell is still broken. Whoever is closest can also hold up a sign saying "Bus Stopping" so the driver can see it. Trouble is the driver will then moan about being distracted...