SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Smile of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=214956)

garynortheast 18-04-22 06:59 PM

Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by admin (Post 3136403)
I was working today and got caught in that downpour Gary, just as I was leaving work. Grrr.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

It was a serious one. It started just as I got back to the bike. I struggled into my waterproofs and by the time I crossed Welsh Bridge it had stopped!

Craig380 19-04-22 06:18 PM

Starmer's speech to the Commons earlier. Even though he wasn't exactly short of material, he certainly made sure that every point hit home.

garynortheast 19-04-22 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig380 (Post 3136408)
Starmer's speech to the Commons earlier. Even though he wasn't exactly short of material, he certainly made sure that every point hit home.

It was a very good speech. Shame it has taken him so long to come up with anything like that on any subject.

DJ123 20-04-22 07:28 PM

Abba Skylift arrived today. Got it built and tested it.

Should be very useful for maintenance on the Bike, and giving it a proper clean in-between the Winter seasons.

Craig380 24-04-22 01:01 PM

Having a spirited ride for a while with a Honda NC30 which had an aftermarket can. Gorgeous noise.

garynortheast 24-04-22 05:05 PM

Properly cleaned and reproofed my leathers. Very satisfying job.

I bought this Dainese two piece second hand from then org member markmoto back in 2011 and they've been brilliant. Perfect fit and very comfy. I need to get a few zips and pockets repaired soon I think, but I would say if I continue to look after them they'll see me out.

Nikwax Leather Cleaner followed by Nikwax leather restorer. Negligible cost and always brings them up a treat.

garynortheast 01-05-22 01:12 PM

SotD - One of my daughters, Eleri, has accepted the offer of a university place in Cardiff. Our two days down there visiting won her over.

maviczap 01-05-22 01:13 PM

Whoop whoop ��

garynortheast 01-05-22 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 3136570)
Whoop whoop ��

I'm really happy about it. Not least because she's doing what she wanted to do and moving back to Wales, even if it is the other end of the country!

Just as long as she doesn't start speaking with a hwntws accent! :D

maviczap 01-05-22 01:23 PM

Had this with my eldest, really unhappy at Brighton, course was not as described. She came home and is now doing her Masters degree at Ipswich.