SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2009 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   AR09 Campsite Comments. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=136878)

Viney 04-08-09 02:59 PM

Re: AR09 Campsite Comments.

Log Cabins would be nice ;) (Thats for fizz really)

Warthog 04-08-09 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman (Post 1992858)
i think this really is the most important thing for us when considering the next AR too, having someone like Jim who is happy to let us do what we do.

Definitely. Incidently, I know of a great huge campsite near Bodiam that encourages camp fires and it really relaxed and beautiful in case we need it.

FG1 04-08-09 03:51 PM

Careful Nick, you will end up organising AR10.....:notworthy:

Owenski 05-08-09 08:07 PM

read the first page and its already been covered.

But the price was very high considering the facilities but tbh if I were hosting that I'd jack the price up fro the weekend anyway. Dont know if this happened or not but the showers/toilets we the only negative from an other wise brilliant weekend.

Demonz 06-08-09 04:04 PM

What's up with the lighting requirments at a camping site? I actually dont like it as you feel like you are in a carpark/road/street. Dark is good as it feels more remote, isolated and like youre... camping. Is it just me?

Warthog 06-08-09 04:26 PM

Yeah, cos otherwise I wouldn't need my incredibly irritating wind-up torch :-P

Spiderman 06-08-09 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonz (Post 1995536)
What's up with the lighting requirments at a camping site? I actually dont like it as you feel like you are in a carpark/road/street. Dark is good as it feels more remote, isolated and like youre... camping. Is it just me?

I'm with you on this mate. When i go camping i wanna be in nature doing natrual things like having a fire. If it was well lit i wouldnt enjoy it as much i know that. Even when i ws in the tents with a few peeps and someone else who knew how to trun the lights on did, it made me get up and go over to the fire instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warthog (Post 1995563)
Yeah, cos otherwise I wouldn't need my incredibly irritating wind-up torch :-P

Was it you who walked past me and a few others in the dark, winding away but not actually having any light? lol.
Get a better torch is the answer i think ;)

Warthog 06-08-09 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman (Post 1995568)

Was it you who walked past me and a few others in the dark, winding away but not actually having any light? lol.
Get a better torch is the answer i think ;)

Haha yeah. I was doing 30 minutes of winding for the one glorious minute of light. It makes you appreciate it more if you have worked hard for it :)