SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

DarrenSV650S 07-10-14 03:58 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

I'm taking a shotgun and a spike strip tomorrow

Heorot 07-10-14 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S (Post 2983477)
A**hole drivers who drive fast through rivers running down the road in a monsoon and soak pedestrians

I did that by accident in my car once. Out in the countryside, I shot under a low railway bridge at around 40. As I went under it I saw a ford and just before I hit the water, I noticed two walkers leaning on the rail of the footpath. It was too late to slow down and the sheet of water went and soaked them from head to foot. I didn’t dare stop to apologise.

DarrenSV650S 07-10-14 04:39 PM

Yeah that's understandable. But when the whole road is a river and every car is constantly making a bow wave across the whole pavement, it's common sense to slow down a bit

Littlepeahead 07-10-14 06:57 PM

Mine today is seeing Viney has posted up his end of season ride out and realising I'm working that day 9am to 10pm.

Teejayexc 07-10-14 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepeahead (Post 2983508)
Mine today is seeing Viney has posted up his end of season ride out and realising I'm working that day 9am to 10pm.

Thought it might have been a pop at KP ;)

maviczap 07-10-14 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teejayexc (Post 2983511)

Yes, that's what I thought :p

Red Herring 07-10-14 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teejayexc (Post 2983511)

She did that yesterday....

Littlepeahead 07-10-14 07:24 PM

Knowing my luck I'll get 5 copies of the book as my secret Santa this year as it'll definitely be in the £1 bin by then. So who would you rather have as your friend?

A man who is prepared to stand up to Robert Mugabe and that regime, risking his life in the process and knowing he'll be exiled from his homeland forever.

OR

A man who leaves his homeland because they want more black people to have equal opportunities and who cries and is devastated when someone sets up a parody Twitter account that gently teases him?

Oh yes and one of them owns an SV...

Specialone 07-10-14 07:25 PM

My rant today is sods law, the moment I get a job that requires work outdoors, the weather changes and it pee's down :smt013

Spank86 07-10-14 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepeahead (Post 2983520)
A man who is prepared to stand up to Robert Mugabe and that regime, risking his life in the process and knowing he'll be exiled from his homeland forever.

OR

A man who leaves his homeland because they want more black people to have equal opportunities and who cries and is devastated when someone sets up a parody Twitter account that gently teases him?

It's a hard choice but I'd have to go with the latter. I think old Bobby is just a bit misunderstood.