SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

SV650rules 06-07-18 08:42 AM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3088497)
LP.. get off the beta blockers. they are nasty nasty things. what they dont tell you is that yes they lower blood pressure which can be a good thing for those that need it but at the same time they can make your blood pressure go sky rocketing at the flick of a switch. even the slightest bit of "stress" can have people going off their nuts.

the average person should be replenishing the amount of blood in their body (around 8 pints) with the same of water every day. in hot weather you must also take a little more extra salt in your diet.

a loooot of people suffer from dehydration and they dont even know it. its very common. in worst cases it can give you bladder infections which cause you to go literally nuts.

what they really dont want to tell you about migraines is that they can be caused by pressure from enlarged blood vessels in the brain.

i know three people (all female) who suffered from migraines and the three of them have had brain haemorrhages. common symptoms in all three were an elevated euphoria.

My wife used to get migraines after visiting the cinema when we lived in SA, thought it was the flickering of the screen, turned out to be the large glass of fresh orange juice she only used to drink at the cinema.

You are right Bibio that a lot of people are dehydrated and don't know it, in hot weather when you stop sweating is a danger sign, and a lot of the problems with confusion and health problems in older people (who think 3 cups of tea a day is enough) is down to lack of fluids. One thing is tea and coffee can irritate the bladder and make people want to have a pee more often but only small ones, what you find when you drink water is that when your bladder tells you you need to take action it is normally pretty full and well worth a visit to the loo, but you can normally delay it a bit before it gets real urgent because the bladder will fill up but is not 'irritated'. I am sure the sensitive bladder advertised so often on TV and elsewhere could be cured by drinking more water and less tea and coffee.

admin 06-07-18 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SV650rules (Post 3088500)
My wife used to get migraines after visiting the cinema when we lived in SA, thought it was the flickering of the screen, turned out to be the large glass of fresh orange juice she only used to drink at the cinema.

You are right Bibio that a lot of people are dehydrated and don't know it, in hot weather when you stop sweating is a danger sign, and a lot of the problems with confusion and health problems in older people (who think 3 cups of tea a day is enough) is down to lack of fluids. One thing is tea and coffee can irritate the bladder and make people want to have a pee more often but only small ones, what you find when you drink water is that when your bladder tells you you need to take action it is normally pretty full and well worth a visit to the loo, but you can normally delay it a bit before it gets real urgent because the bladder will fill up but is not 'irritated'. I am sure the sensitive bladder advertised so often on TV and elsewhere could be cured by drinking more water and less tea and coffee.

I think tea and coffee are Diuretics which help the body to lose fluids. So the wrong thing to drink if you're dehydrated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sir Trev 06-07-18 09:16 AM

Toddles off to the kitchen to make a decaf tea and a pint of water to hedge bets...

Luckypants 06-07-18 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3088497)
LP.. get off the beta blockers.

My gripe.

Old duffers who confuse LP and LPH. I mean, really!

daktulos 06-07-18 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeker (Post 3088504)
The Metric System!

I liked the metric system until it came to buying fence panels; I need 6' x 3' panels and there are a lot of vendors. Unfortunately, there are vendors selling panels listed as 6 foot which are 1800mm instead of 1828mm. You can find many good looking 1800mm panels and only a few good looking 1828 panels. I was hoping to find panels that look the same on both sides but, so far, the only ones that meet all the criteria are £70 each.

I remember trying to buy either 10mm or 3/8" bolts in the 90s (I can't remember which) and the packets from B&Q (I think) had both listed with no clue as to what they actually were ...

Bibio 06-07-18 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckypants (Post 3088508)
My gripe.

:smt081

Bibio 06-07-18 12:59 PM

i hate imperial that has metric division.

SV650rules 06-07-18 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckypants (Post 3088508)
My gripe.

Well LP is for 'little pee' when you get dehydrated, and LPH is Little Pea Head.

ophic 06-07-18 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3088515)
i hate imperial that has metric division.

I thought that was just me :mrgreen:
drives me nuts.
sorry

dirtydog 06-07-18 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepeahead (Post 3088416)
Migraine, I know I moan about these regularly but I get them regularly. This month I've taken the beta blockers, HRT and riboflavin every day without fail. These are meant to prevent the migraines. Yet I'm going into my third day of headache. All the meds may make it less severe but they don't actually stop them. So I take migraine treatment which makes me tired, with an almost hungover feeling. [emoji20]

I might have a dig around in the garage later for the hand drill, give DIY trepanning a go. If that works I can see if I could then get the chisel out and try to reshape LOM's head so it'll for comfortably into a helmet.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The other half has suffered from monthly migraines for years and each would put her out of action for around 3 days with a couple of days either side of feeling terrible. She's tried a few different meds etc including beta blockers but to no avail with actually stopping the migraines. She has also tried quite a few migraine treatments as stopping them from happening wasn't working.

The stuff she's been using for the last few years is Sumitriptan, if she takes one soon as she feels a migraine coming and then has a sleep it seems to stop it in its tracks.
She still feels a bit rough for a day after but she can function normally (well normally for her ;))